1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Listen To This One

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by slickj101, Dec 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    It's not every day that you get to drive home with your front bumper in your backseat.

I live in NY and we just started getting a storm tonight that's been forecasted for awhile.

So, I'm driving home on the thruway (sober) and it's very windy. I'm in the left lane doing about 60 (5 under the speed limit). Goin along cautiously and all of a sudden a construction sign (A sign with wooden supports, picture the back of a portable basketball hoop made out of wood) starts to tip over directly into my lane.

I swerve and hit the brakes to get out of the way of this thing. My car does a 180, the front end smashes the guardrail and skids off.

Niiice.

My car is (was) pretty nice. I had to rip off the front bumper to drive home. My back is a little tight, but otherwise I'm fine. And I have insurance so I'm not too concerned about the damage. I think my frame is probably bent since the hood folded a little bit. Called the cops and filed an accident report too.

Anyone have any legal advice? I have a few ideas of how to proceed but I figured I'd ask our knowledgeable member base.

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

did you light the sign on fire for revenge?

have no idea about legal proceedings but that would be the first thing I would do.

3. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I was thinking more along the lines of lighting the thruway transit authority on fire with a nice lawsuit for neglect. I would of been really ****ed if I hit that thing head on.

What intelligent person would leave that **** right next to the road when we know we're going to have 20 mph winds?