1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So many plays to pick from! Which one had you most irate?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NyPhinfan, Oct 1, 2013.

1. NyPhinfan

NyPhinfan Season Ticket Holder

Dec 21, 2007
    There were so many plays in last nights game that I wish I could be in the Coaches meetings today to ask the thought process behind.

Shermans call on 3rd and an inch- I don't understand the logic. I don't care if everyone in the building knows it's a QB sneak.... Run it dammit. Stop trying to be "cute" and out thinking yourself. That was a HUGE play and momentum swing. I started screaming as soon as they snapped the ball

3rd and 20- I can't for the life of me figure out how you let any team convert on that without a penalty. It's has to be the perfect storm. Bad alignment. Bad tackling. Bad effort. Bad rush. Can't happen. Just can't happen.

Nolan Carrolls swing and miss/go for the interception/don't do anything but let him score defense by the goaline.- Hold them to a FG there and it's a one TD game. Not only do you suck the life out of the entire team right before the half.....you look absolutely comical doing it. Beyond comical. That look on Carrolls face after just made me more furious.

Tannehills pick right before the half- down by 4...close to midfield. Moving the ball. Killing the clock. At the very worst you go into the half down 4. You don't let New Orleans near the ball with any time on the clock. You have weathered the storm and have a whole half to make your push. You can't run the same play 3 times in the same half out of the same formation...locked in on one receiver...without realizing that it's waiting to be jumped. Total loss of control of the game. Played right into the hands of what we couldn't do playing the Saints. It was right there for the taking at that moment..right there.

Which plays did I miss and which one made you most insanely furious?

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Easily the 3rd and 20.

anlgp and NyPhinfan like this.
  3. Finfangirl

Finfangirl Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Bay Area, Ca
    Easily the 3rd and centimeters.....play changed the whole tempo of the game. Instead of having three more chances to run DT on a sweep we settle for a field goal. Could have been 7-7. That changes everything?

anlgp and NyPhinfan like this.
  4. NyPhinfan

Dec 21, 2007
    Tell me you didn't whisper to yourself that they were going to give that up? I winced when I saw the screen pass

5. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    I didn't really mind the play call on the third and an inch. That was a fine play, but Jerry blew his assignment big time.

The 3rd and 20 was pretty bad.

The Tannehill INT was bad, but it looked like he just couldn't see the DB, rather than a poor decision.

The most infuriating play to me was the Tannehill fumble.

NyPhinfan likes this.
  6. NyPhinfan

Dec 21, 2007
    That play not only set the tone for the game but put me in a really foul mood. Keep the play simple and leave little for someone to screw up the play

Finfangirl likes this.
  7. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Yup... You can't give that up under any circumstances. So ****ing angry when I saw that.

Tannehill first turnover too. Less than 2 mun left, and driving at field, 13-10. Even 3 would of been huge. 3 fir us, -7 for them...

Mike wallaces drop going deep. come on, that's your bread and butter.

8. DolPhinPhan7

DolPhinPhan7 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    :pointlol:How about Wallace dropping that deep pass? Then doing it again in the 3rd Quarter.

The INT pretty much killed the game but the Fumble made me really mad. Henne would have slid.*:pointlol:

9. Gunner

Gunner Rock Hunter

Jan 5, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    Irate? None. I felt all along we didn't match up well defensively with the Saints so it didn't surprise me that we couldn't cover all their talent ... I seriously doubt there are even a few that can. So there was no use me getting all bent out of shape because of any particular play. I love this team and want them to play great football but it serves my blood pressure no good getting all spun up.

NyPhinfan likes this.
  10. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Hard to pick. 3rd and 20. 3rd and short and the Nolan Caroll play. We had them stopped. Even if he just tackles Sproles it's short of a 1st. Just a bad risk at the goal line. He stops him and it's only 3 pts and 17-10 at half. At that point, there's still some confidence given how bad the team played in the 1st half. Yet, that TD was deflating to leave on.

I'd also add the Rashad Jones play, biting on the out and up that allowed Sproles a huge play. He just looked SO undisciplined and dumb, quite frankly. It looked like a play a high school player would make. At this level, with his contract? He cannot be that stupid.

But, there were many others. The Tannehill fumble on his run. The INT on the slant into coverage near the end of the half.

Of course the OL play - and Martin (ugh!) - was troubling. RT just does not have a comfort level in the pocket. Can't recall the last time I've seen him just stand there poised without the pocket collapsing on him. I'd like to have 2-3 good pockets a game (ala Brady 90% of the time). That could make a big difference.

11. NyPhinfan

Dec 21, 2007
    I went into the game with the same exact thought process. An almost impossible game against a top team with so many weapons. I even predicted the score to be 34-17. Promised myself that there would be no need to get mad at a result you knew was going to happen. Yet.....there I was lol

Gunner likes this.
  12. Gunner

Gunner Rock Hunter

Jan 5, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    Oh got irked a couple times don't get me wrong brother. You can't help but feel it at times when you invest your heart and soul into a team, but like with a lot of things, I've tried to mellow out over the years

13. NyPhinfan

Dec 21, 2007
    Thanks for reminding me about that Reshard Jones play. Why would you jump a 5 yd out the 2nd p,ay of the game when you know you have no help behind you and the last thing you want is to give them a huge p,ay right off of the bat?? His play has been so disappointing so far this year. Does not look like the same player we saw last year

14. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    That 6inch EPIC failure started the rot. 3rd and 20 just put the icing on it. Both were embarrassing.

15. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I remember screaming more in the third quarter than anything else. What happened then.

16. gandalfin

gandalfin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Kissimmee, Florida
    This was mine too, but in reality it was 3rd and millimeters, literally. Absolutely changed the whole tempo.

17. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    Those two plays sums up the game.

18. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    With Thomas running instead of Miller? They had the wrong RB for that play from the get-go. Miller would have have a chance to get to the outside being chased from the interior. Thomas looked pedestrian which wasn't his fault, he's just slower. Just a flat out poor play call. Take the % play. Tom Brady is 97% successful on 4th and 1 situations. You telling me that play was fine? No. It wasnt. It was trying to outsmart the D when it wasnt warranted.

NyPhinfan likes this.
  19. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Nobody else seemed to notice it so I guess I was just seeing things but I thought there was a clear false start on the 3rd and 20. Not that it excuses the horrifying defense on the play.