1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Much To Savor In Impressive Win

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Oct 5, 2009.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    So Much To Savor In Impressive Win
    http://www.miamidolphins.com/dolphindigest/andy_cohen_column.asp

2. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Yesterday's win over a pretty good Buffalo team is reaffirming on many levels IMO. My short list FWIW...

Henne looked like a developmental QB for the most part, showing some flashes while also making some mistakes or bad throws. Overall, I thought he did a good job, and I will enjoy watching him progress from one week to another. Don't know if he'll end up in the same company as Ryan and Flacco when all is said and done, but he certainly could. Main thing is I thought he made good decisions for the most part.

The Henne to Hartline connection looks like one that might grow as they both continue to learn to play at the professional level. I think Henne already trusts Hartline, so he could end up being his go to guy as the season plays out. Loved his TD catch. Thing o' beauty.

D-fense!!! Finally these guys showed up to play, and play they did. Best defensive performance so far this season without a doubt. Wake looked great. And, JT got involved. He still looks old. But, I don't care. It's just great to see him back where he belongs. I think our secondary looked better overall. Davis has a ways to go in coverage, saw him get burned a few times. His pick six will have many jumping to their feet exclaiming that's why we picked him, while I am more concerned about seeing him make the routine plays on a consistent basis. Nonetheless, a confidence building game for the rook.

Special teams (specifically kick off returns) looked much better. Several significant gains we made. Getting good field position is crucial to putting our offense in the best position to be successful. Especially against the better teams. So, it was good to see that area of improvement.

Good play offensively, defensively and on special teams equals a win. Funny how that works, eh? I felt as though the coaching staff was still playing too conservatively at times, but overall play calling was better, I think. Basically, I thought we played better and gained some much needed confidence yesterday. And, I think it puts us in a much better position to face the Jests come next Monday. Beat them, and we're 2-3 going into our bye with two weeks to prepare for the Aints at home.

Bottom line...if they continue to play like they did yesterday, they will win more games than they lose IMO.

Go Phins!

mullingan likes this.
  3. finz810

finz810 Season Ticket Holder

cant savor it took long we got the jets monday! F*UCK THE JETS! I remember about three seasons ago we played the Jets I dont remember if it was a monday night or sunday night, but everyone started cheerin I-95 north mothaf***as! hahaha I loved it

I really hate the jets my whole fam. is from brooklyn besides me so Im stuck with a house full of jet fans