1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So nobody cares about the Pats game this weekend?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pandarilla, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    No news, no smack talk, no nothing...

Pats are laying quiet as a mouse leading up to this one.

So are we.

Meanwhile, Belicheck has nearly his entire starting line-up in limited practice:

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/a...ort-1227/3b5ccca7-29a5-4071-b523-b68528eba6b3

This game is critical for the Pats and they know it. I'd view a win on our part as a rather quiet coup d'eta, likely pushing the Pats out of the Super Bowl and further marginalizing their dynasty...

That said, I can't say that we play outside of ourselves, and if we beat the Pats it will likely be because of Belicheck being greedy. Like going for it on fourth and 6 at their own 45 yd line in the 2nd qtr. or something.

I just expect our guys to go out there and have fun. I don't want to see anyone upset or too concerned about this matchup. They've already exceeded my expectations for them this year. They should just enjoy this one, they've earned it.

That said, I think Philbin is having night sweats even as I type...

2. Seriously?

You act as if these are a bunch of 8yr olds playing in JV, not grown men responsible for crafting results in their choosen profession of football. I expect them to win convincingly and will not tolerate anything less as a substitute from them. I want results not excuses!

3. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    There's a difference between what you want to demand vs what you should realistically expect. You may not be happy if they don't win convincingly... but that doesn't mean you should realistically expect for this current team to beat up on the Pats based on how the 2 teams are currently comprised.

Larry Little and ToddPhin like this.
  4. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    First off, how good are these freakish 8 yr. olds that manage to break into your high school's JV squad?...

As far as the rest, you're just baiting me, right?

5. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Really solid article from PFF on the game:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/28/3tfo-dolphins-patriots-week-17/

Hiruma78 and ToddPhin like this.
  6. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    The Pats are heavy favorites but I wont be surprised if we beat them .We have beaten them before as heavy underdogs at the end of seasons including in their SB years .We have nothing to lose so we can take chances and players will want to demonstrate that they deserve those new contracts .

Besides we have split games with our other rivals so we need to split games with the Pats too.

Thats it for my homer rationalization .:wink2:

fins4o8 and Pandarilla like this.
  7. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    I think most folks have the foregone conclusion that this one probably isn't going to be close. The Pats are playing for a first round bye and most likely will come out focused and ready to play. We should be focused too, but there's a talent disparity that's probably going to come into play.

That, and it's much more fun to argue about Pouncey, Hartline, Tannehill, etc., than it is to get up for a game we're most likely going to struggle in.

dolfan32323 and Pandarilla like this.
  8. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Very true, but if Houston beats Indy in the 1 o'clock game, I don't think the Pats are gonna hold their breath when it comes to the Broncos losing to the Chiefs.

They may suffer an emotional swoon and become vulnerable...

9. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    I care about this game.

I want to be 8-8 like a fat kid wants cupcakes.

Rocky Raccoon, Gunner, evz and 8 others like this.
  10. Perfectville_USA

Perfectville_USA Mr Perfect

Dec 27, 2012
    Syracuse NY
    I hate the Patriots with a passion, so I hope Wake & Co give a real good beating to Tom Brady. [hots of QB hits]

Go Dolphins!

Dolphin_Girl and Pandarilla like this.
  11. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    I wanna end our season on a 3 game win streak leading into the biggest offseason in franchise history. Plus it's the last game I can watch till September.

**** yeah I care about this game.

12. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Alright, alright, Tink's not on her deathbed, Jeesus....Just want to steer the discussion on this weekend's game.

I think it's gonna snow, sick. That to me makes any game more enjoyable to watch.

13. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I wanna beat NE just so Brady won't get victory sex.

........ from whichever player is first to the showers

Paul 13, SICK and Pandarilla like this.
  14. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    It will probably be Brandon Spikes......and if you've seen the video of him getting blown.....you'll know why.....

ToddPhin likes this.
  15. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC

I'm hoping for Houston and Denver to lose, then we beat them in overtime on a pick six by Soliai, because Belichek got cocky and threw the ball inside the red zone.

ToddPhin likes this.
  16. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I'm calling it now: There will be a dropkick in this game.

17. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    My god, that is like getting hit with the drunken master move on Tekken. Happened a few years ago to us, didn't it?

18. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    2005. Flutie. The Pats were gonna let us win, but not before they trolled the **** out of us.

IIRC, Matt Cassel came in and almost tied the game late in regulation, but the 2-pt conversion failed.

Pandarilla likes this.
  19. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Wait, we have a game this weekend? I thought it was gonna be a coloring contest of our new logo.

Pandarilla likes this.
  20. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    no reason we can't do both.

21. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    It'll be interesting to see how many resources NE puts into this game. Of course, if Indy pulls off the victory over Houston, they will go all out to get the bye. But if the Texans lose, I could see them resting a lot of guys... they'll still try to win, I mean they aren't going to sit on the ball but I'd expect them to pull Brady, Wilfork (the big names etc) by half time. They may know they have a game next week (instead of a bye) and are more likely to rest guys at that point. It's interesting, because if it were the other way around, where they knew they weren't playing next week, I'd reckon Billy would want to see as many starters as possible for some continuity heading into the bye. He's evil like that.

22. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Despite the loss of draft postion, and even if the game means nothing for seeding purposes (by the time the game is played), I ALWAYS want to see us beat the Pats. We have plenty of time to agonize over the new logo/uniform after this weekend -though we can do both of course! :)

oakelmpine and Bpk like this.
  23. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I have a good feeling about this game.

oakelmpine likes this.
  24. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    No real way we can lose this game, either a better draft pick or a .500 season.

Better savior it either way, the one real downside to the NFL is this is one long offseason, the longest in pro sports.

Season ends in February (for 2 teams, most teams their season ends in late Dec early Jan) and nothing until August.

25. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    To be honest, Im more worried about our potential sh*tty new logo than this game.

HardKoreXXX likes this.
  26. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Times change PSG, as much as I like the classic Dolphins logo I can understand why it should be changed.

I hated the new Broncos logo when it came out, now it just is.

PSG likes this.
  27. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    I hear ya Pad.
    And Im not even against change per se, but this leaked logo is absolute trash.

28. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    No reason why you cannot worry about both.

Bpk likes this.
  29. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Agree there, don't mind a change, but a preggers hump backed whale is not exactly the right call.

PSG and Pandarilla like this.
  30. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Pro Lifers insisted he keep it.

31. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I've said it before. Jeff Ireland shouldn't have a job next year because we failed to make the playoffs for the 4th year in a row. The Dolphins need to be at the very least 8-8 (2 win improvement), for Ireland to have any case in my eyes. Four consecutive losing seasons would get anyone fired in this league, why not him? This is a very important game for Miami.

oakelmpine likes this.
  32. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    C'mon man. We have to give him time to turn around this thing he messed up. Even then, we'll need to give him more time to turn around that thing. Besides, you can only fire him if you put together a comprehensive list of other GM's and their records. If there are other GM's in the league with 4 straight losing seasons, Ireland can't be fired until those guys are fired. That's a rule in the NFL. You can't base his record on it's on merits, you need to take into consideration how crappy other guys have done as well.

It's like at your job. If you piss off a lot of customers, or cost the company a lot of money, it's OK as long as other employees are just as inept. That's how life works. It's one giant Bell Curve. Everyone knows this.

oakelmpine and Starry31 like this.
  33. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Rook Qb buys an extra year.

And it needs to be pointed out that the same things were said of Rick Smith w/Texans 2 yrs ago.

I'm not the largest Ireland fan, don't get it twisted, as I believe he flubs big deals but nails small ones, which is all fine and great but you have to make those big deals work.

Who cares if your cheesy broccoli is good if your steak is burnt?

34. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    hot giggidy dogs I have goose bumps just thinking about the oportunity to see the team wear the all white uniforms and end up with a similar reccord to the last 5 or 6 years. I m so excited that I just might give up my night job as a stand up comedian go to football coaching school . :pointlol:

35. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    Who are the Pats playing?

Pandarilla likes this.
  36. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    we will lose.

37. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    :lol:

38. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Thank you!

39. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    well surgeons make a lot of money during this time of the year, its the NFL, they need this long rest to recover

40. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    I've completely stop caring about this year's Dolphins.. unfortunately. I flip around the other games when they are on, I don't buy the merchandise, passed up an opportunity to see the game live. They are simply boring.

I'll take a casual interest in the draft and get excited next year. But I think a lot of us have to look at the last decade and take a step back emotionally. We live firmly under the Patroit's thumb and apparently will until Brady retires. There's just not enough on the field to become emotionally invested.

Pandarilla likes this.