1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So we're 0-2. Big deal says Az

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by azfinfanmang, Sep 18, 2008.

Tags:
  1. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    So, we are 0-2. I say BIG FREAKIN DEAL.
    Here's a list of other teams in the same predicament

Cincinnati-Not real surprising. Have lost many key ingredients over the last few years, and Carson Palmer has never looked as sharp after his injury

Cleveland- Many picked to be a quick-upstart for this team. They have TONS of talent and a decade of top 10 picks. They still arent going to come close to challenging Pittsburgh for the division

Jacksonville- Many injuries, but still tough for them

Kansas City- Same boat as us. They are re-building

San Diego- OUCH. They have lost on two last minute TD's. This was supposed to be the Cream of the AFC Crop. This is MUCH tougher on their organization than on ours. I guarantee you. They have as much talent as anybody in the league.

Seattle- Once again, they were supposed to be the team to beat in their conference. They really dont look too good to this point

Saint Lous- No big surprise

Minnesota- Might wanna start the Suicide watches here. I really thought they were gonna be one of the top 3 teams in NFC this year. They really dont look very good

Detroit- Surprise surprise surprise

All in all, I look at it this way. We have TONS of young-talent where we need it, except for at Wide Reciever and obviously Defensive Backfield.

We have already stock-piled an extra second rounder for next year, and the way Washington has looked so far, might be a very nice second rounder.

We have draft picks from this last year that are already proving themselves, something we havent seen in....oh 5 or 6 drafts it seems like

We have some key cogs, and I still think that if the FO can lock up Carey, we WILL have the offensive line people will be talking about for years to come.

Henne is going to prove me wrong and end up being the steal of this years draft I have a feeling.

Folks, we are only going to win 6 or 7 games IF we get some breaks, 2 or 3 might be more realistic at this juncture....but in I am still excited about what is to be.

And on the bright side, at least we aren't the 0-2 Chargers, Vikings or Browns :knucks:

2. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    What does AZ know? Let's just panic! :tongue2:

azfinfanmang likes this.
  3. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Good point, and nice analysis of where the other teams in the league are. There's a lot of 0-2 teams out there, that's for sure. I feel particularly bad for the Chargers fans.

I was expecting some grool and cheeze in this thread, though.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  4. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Well, to be truthful Ken, I don't give a hoot about those teams.

I care about 1 team, the Fins, and we are 0-2 and last week stunk up the joint.:cry:

azfinfanmang likes this.
  5. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    I understand Greg, but perspective is important here.

I am NOT that surprised we are 0-2. I see definate good things on the horizon as I DO think we are on the way up (Believe me, my faith was SERIOUISLY tested last weekend. Big John didnt say a single word from the first TD till the end of the game).
    I would be MUCH more worried if I were a Charger or Vikings fan who's teams shouldve already have arrived, but to date still havent....see my point :up:

6. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    They have the norv factor....

Puka-head, SCall13 and azfinfanmang like this.
  7. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I saw some good in the Jet game, last week was ugly. I just want to see some progress.

I wish we had the teams the Vikings and Chargers have, they will still be in the mix come the end of the season.

But I understand what your saying.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  8. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I agree Ive been in panic mode for the ast two games, I do realise we are rebuilding but I just do not want ot go through 14 games and be 0-14 again hoping for one win somewhere down the line so we do not look a fool again!!

I think I found the perfect Motto for us. If Someone can make an image to replace the Dolphin Logo and put something along these lines I would love it for my other boards.

[​IMG]

azfinfanmang likes this.
  9. Jackson

Jackson Bruce Banner

Mar 24, 2008
    Connecticut/Florida
    0-2 isn't what bothers me. Lack of discipline, no offensive creativity, no passing game, no running game, and using regular season games to give 4th and 5th string guys a "look" is what bothers me

GISH likes this.
  10. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    I have said it in other threads.

This entire season is really nothing more than an extended pre-season for this team, and in my view that is smart.
    The coaching staff is still getting familiar with each other as well as the players. The players are getting familiar with each other and nobody really knows what they have or dont at this point.
    Only the dillusional would suggest that they actually had a chance of going to the playoffs (Which is what teams try to achieve) before the first game of the year

This entire season is going to be an assessment. IMO

KSB likes this.
  11. Jackson

Jackson Bruce Banner

Mar 24, 2008
    Connecticut/Florida
    I agree that anybody who thought playoffs was not seeing this team for what it is. But treating the season as an extension of the preseason is unacceptable. I don't care how young or bad the team is. You play the best players as much as you can. If your going to treat the season as a preseason wait till we have guaranteed a losing record. Don't come out of the gates like that. Its embarrassing and insulting to the NFL, to the players, and to the people that matter, the fans. The team and coaching staff can do better than what was on display last week.

RGF likes this.
  12. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Brother Kenny, you and Brother Bumrush have got the positive energy today!:up:

azfinfanmang likes this.
  13. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007

What makes you think that they arent playing the best players right now?

14. Jackson

Jackson Bruce Banner

Mar 24, 2008
    Connecticut/Florida
    Cobbs over ricky and ronnie as a third down back? Bess over Ginn on punts and kicks? Vonnie not on third downs? Crocker playing a single snap? Even Sparano said that on three receiver sets he was putting in 4th and 5th receivers just to get a look at them. This was before the 4th quarter when Henne came in

15. Jackson

Jackson Bruce Banner

Mar 24, 2008
    Connecticut/Florida
    Don't get me wrong. I love this team and maybe thats why last week was so hard. But I truly believe the coaches and players can do better on Sundays. And when I watch a game, sure I would love to get a W but more importantly I want to walk away and say wow, our team played lights out, was creative and did everything they could to win that game.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  16. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

I don't know why, they won't be 0-4, while we more that likely will.:lol::wink2: