1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So who do root for the ****ing jets or the ****ing pats

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by pumpdogs, Jan 8, 2011.

1. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    I'm sure he thinks we can win, but I highly doubt he thinks Rex is better than BB or Sanchez is better than Brady.

sent from my EVO 4G

2. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    easy enough decision/solution:
    the patriots win & the jets break brady's throwing arm @ the elbow
    then turn around & lose their next game & are out

3. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Are you high? How did Sanchez outplay Manning? The Jets running game won that game for them.

Really? Ask a Pats fan. I'm willing to bet it feels MUCH better to be hated and have actually....you know...won something. :wink2:

The Jets are the Philadelphia Flyers of football.

4. Auburn

Auburn New Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Bam, I can gather from your posts that you are a good dude. Congrats on the win and GL aganst the Pats. But please let Revis answer for himself. He came out and said that Revis was the best CB "EVER"...I do have one question for you. Why do persons like LT, Keller and Rex give NE bulletin board material? NE thrives off that.

5. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Thanks.

I think bulletin board motivation is overblown. This is the playoffs. Motivation enough.

sent from my EVO 4G

6. Auburn

Auburn New Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Except the Jets had the hatred coming in, now the Pats will be angry too, LOL. You guys hate one another...HATE...Admit it!! LOL

7. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    I know the organizations don't like each other. BB has a real boner for the Jets and honestly I am not sure why....but he does. I don't think anything the players or Ryan says will intensify that.

As fas as the fans, I do not have a hatred for them. I was in my office the other day wearing a Jets wool cap and a business associate came in and said "Ugh - the Jets. Get that crap off." I asked him who he rooted for and he said the Patriots. I then asked him what was his problem with the Jets and he said, "I'm a Pats fan." So I asked him, "What is there to hate? You guys are great and you always beat us. We are no threat." At that point he said, "You know, you're right" and laughed.

I dislike Miami and Giant fans much more than Pats fans. Sure there are some asswipe Pats fans, but for the most part they don't feel that threatened by the Jets as a team. Can't say I blame them. :lol:

8. Auburn

Auburn New Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Yes, but you are intelligent and can form a sentence. Revis, for example, a fellow Jets fan on these boards is a blowhard. BB hates the Jets because he used to work there, right? And that whole Spygate thing and Rex talking smack. Although he may not hate them at all, who knows. Dolphins fans are more frustrated than anything, LOL.

9. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Sanchez did not outplay Manning. Manning is one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game. His QBR was over 100 for the game. He played fine. What the Jets did was show him some looks that made him want to call runs, which was exactly what the Jets wanted. The other knock I have on Manning is hi complete reluctance to throw at Revis. How do you only target your best receiver ONE time? That was very questionable - no matter how good Revis is. But other than that, Manning played a great game.

That being said, Sanchez played a very good SECOND half. He was 8/11 and one incompletion was a flat out drop by Holmes on 3rd down. His team got the ball back with 45 seconds to go (albeit on the NYJ 46) and helped put his team in a position to kick the game winner. He went 3 of 3 and accounted for 38 of the 40 yards. He also called the last pass to Edwards and threw the ball where it needed to be thrown. He was very good when it mattered most. Still not a great QB, but he came up big there. I don't think they win that game last year.

10. Auburn

Auburn New Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Agreed, Manning settled for FGs, the Colts just don't have a 2nd strong red zone threat as Clark and Collie are hurt. I am not sure Brady settles for FGs, that team has like four strong red zone threats. Hernandez and Gronkowski are gigantic and fast for their respective sizes.

11. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Like I said - every team has their smack talking fans. Someone here was predicting a December collapse for the Jets, just like 2008...even though the coaches, QB and team were completely different. There are countless threads about how Sanchez is gay and when the story was posted about how he spent time with a dying child he was called a child molester by some genius on this forum. But that doesn't mean every Miami fan is a dick.

BB worked for the Jets and was one of the highest paid assistants ever. He was then given then HC job after BP stepped down (as per his contract), which he promptly resigned from. I have no idea what his beef is. The Spygate story came from Mangini, who is gone. Rex is Rex, and he yaps no matter who the team is.

Honestly, I don't care if he hates us or not and I don't think it matters. BB plays for the kill no matter what, as evidenced by the beating he put on you guys in a meanlingless game. He is what he is....a great coach, with a great QB.

12. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Listen to me. On 3rd and 6 on the NYJ 32, down 1 with 1:02 left in the game, Manning called a PASS to White. That is NOT settling for FG's. They went for the kill. A 1st down there and it is game over. The Jets defense finally played a good game. They had an excellent game plan and sans a defensive lapse on the long TD, they played great.

13. Auburn

Auburn New Member

Dec 13, 2010
    This AM, Esiason said that Manning audibled runs and did not even look at Wayne, he settled for FGs. Esiason then said Brady likely would not do the same. His words not mine. It was he that said that the Patriots TEs are very tough to cover for the Jets who have sub par cover safeties? IDK? Maybe he is wrong. But he thought that the Jets just did not match up well against NE.

14. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Manning did audible runs based on the defense that the Jets showed. That was the game plan. Do you think Manning thought to himself, "Hey - they only have 5 in the box. Let me audible a run and hope they stop it?" :lol: He audibled runs because he thought they would be successful and if you look at several 3rd and long conversions, they were. No one purposely settles for FG's....well, maybe Fist Pumper ;) And again, he didn't look at Wayne because he felt he was covered and he had a better shot throwing to Garcon. Again, credit the Jets defense.

As far as the Pats are concerned, I agree that the Jets will have to come up with an excellent game plan to limit that offense. I would think it would start with controlling the ball on O and keeping Brady off the field. But they are up against it. They aren't 9 point dogs for nothing.

No comment on Nacho's 2nd half play?

15. Auburn

Auburn New Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Esiason said he converted on passes he would not have even attempted last year. So thats progress. Esiason is a huge NE kiss ***, he was saying that Brady will expose any D that only rushes eight at him and will not audible to a run right away. Thats when he mentioned his TEs and said the Jets have to pick their poison with Welker, Branch and Tate out there as well as the Patriots backs. IDK, Boomer seemed like a homer and he is not.