1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So you think the phins have problems at OG?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pauly, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    On ESPN they asked their beat reporters How will your team defend against Suh?

Mike Rodak, Bills: Given the Bills' offensive line struggles, especially at guard, I think their plan of attack against Suh in a Week 5 win in Detroit last season was some combination of "hope" and "pray." ... This season, the Bills' best weapon against Suh will be Richie Incognito,

Mike Reiss, Patsies: Probably more than anything, what stands out from the Patriots' approach with Suh is that they work on getting the ball out quickly to negate the impact of the inside rush. That's not always easily done, but the quick passing game has been effective for them. The Patriots have some personnel questions to answer at guard, so this bears watching with Suh in mind.

Rich Cimini, Jests: The Jets' first game against Suh is Week 4 in London. If I were them, I'd try to upset his stomach with some week-old fish and chips. Yeah, he could be a major problem for the Jets, who may have some issues on the offensive line, especially at right guard.

Seems like the entire division has a problem with OGs, which makes the Suh signing more valuable for team in the AFCE than for a team in a division with an abundance of good OGs.

DOLPHAN1, Bpk, Brasfin and 2 others like this.
  2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    gonna take two of those pieces of chits to contain Suh..just the way it is now son..That is if you want your qb to remain in one piece.

PhinFan1968 likes this.
  3. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Richie Incognito hasn't played football in almost two years. Not too worried about him. NE's "quick passing game" is their primary strategy regardless if they're playing Suh or not. And it didn't work too well for them week 1 last year anyway. Worked out better towards the end of the year during our DL's fade into oblivion, but I don't expect that with Suh and company.

I agree w/you, Suh's value in this division is increased given the poor state of everyone's offensive line.

4. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    All the more reason to sign Evan Mathis before our rivals do.

jim1, MikeHoncho, Pandarilla and 4 others like this.
  5. jboogie

jboogie The sky is NOT falling!

Can't wait to see Incognito get bullied :sidelol:

MikeHoncho and DolphinGreg like this.
  6. Brasfin

Brasfin Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Brazil
    The one thing I'm worried about with Incognito is if he talks ****, and provokes Suh, which can lead to him retaliating and maybe suspensions.. Incognito taking one for the team wouldn't be a big deal, on the other hand, if Suh is suspended, it will be very impactful for us.

mi2cents, Fin4Ever and RevRick like this.
  7. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    That was my first thought as well.

8. DolphinGreg

DolphinGreg Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2014
    That's too funny, haha.

9. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Fixed that for ya :up:

10. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    That.........is a very legitimate concern in every game. I sincerely hope the Dolphins are doing something in support of Suh to help him channel his rage into the right kind of releases.

Fin4Ever likes this.
  11. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    I hope so, but unless he asked for help with that, then I doubt the team approaches him at this point....I am hoping that he knows how important it is to play every game..We need him and he gets bank, so hopefully Suh manages to stay away from stupid penalties etc.

12. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    I believe he's going to be playing left guard and won't be lining up against Suh
    someone with more info can chime in

13. Deerless Dice

Deerless Dice Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Well, what are they waiting for then?

14. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    They like the guards they have.

15. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Who knows, but the best guess is the asking price is too high. He wants a long term contract and we have some serious questions about the 2016 cap hit with what he's demanding right now.

16. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I guess Sheldon Richardson will be out that London game, barring a successful appeal.

17. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    My understanding is that those suspensions aren't announced until after the appeal (if any) has been heard. If my info is accurate, it's a done deal.

18. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    yessir...thats a W..we played well in london last year, we have a growing fanbase there, and they're missing their best player besides revis.