1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solder to Start for Pats

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jpep13, Sep 10, 2011.

1. jpep13

jpep13 Coach Of The Year Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
  2. godolphins

godolphins New Member

Apr 8, 2010
    This should be an interesting match up.

3. 5thAmendment

5thAmendment Banned

Aug 29, 2011
    We don't exactly have an All-Pro at RT either. The difference is that we have a guy who can capitalize on the weakness and the Patsies don't.

4. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Solder is not that strong for a OT. He handles speed better than power. Wake ought to be able to use some of his power moves with good success.

5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Waters is gonna play too I hear?, so that means there's a good chance there are two new non starters inserted in the line.... against the strength of our team?, and the mother grabbin Kracken?....This is good news.

6. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Wake's speed moves are better than his power moves. So, not a bad situation for them in that sense.

But Wake will still out-match him.

7. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I dunno if I agree. Both are pretty good. I remember Wake bullrushing big ol' jeff Otah, until the latter resorted to putting Wake in a headlock. That isn't holding though, since Wake plays for Miami, so perish that thought.

FinNasty and padre31 like this.
  8. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Damn, Haynesworth and Wilfork against Pouncey; and Solder against Wake...I don't know which guy has a tougher assignment.

Carey's the biggest brick we have for the right side.

Henne's definitely going to have to use some of his new-found footwork.

Nolan will blitz as much as it takes to keep pressure on Brady.

Vontae and Wake will set their hair on fire and bring the crazy eyes.

Jason Taylor will be brought in intermittently to harass Brady.

Jake Long will turn down a script to battle Godzilla...

9. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I love his power moves, I've seen im contain the edge with one arm, power move..The leverage he gets when he bull's, sick football player.

10. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Don't even think you'll need to match up Wake over there much. Matt Light has struggled lately with speed rushers, and I'd prefer Wake to handle him. JT should handle Solder pretty easily, even Misi should have success with his bullrush. Wasn't a fan at all of him in the draft, and have seen nothing to change my mind. Brady is going to get hit often often imo, and that has always been the key to beating the Patriots.

Nappy Roots likes this.
  11. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    If they actually call the holding calls against the Pats Taylor will do well against Solder. Technique can be tough to face for a young guy. If Miami can force a double team then the dynamic of the game changes immensely. We'll see what Miami can do against Koppen and Waters perhaps to take advantage of a lack of chemistry. Mankins is a rock though and Starks probably won't get much against him.

12. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

They have to double team, no way Matt Light can play on an island against Wake.

13. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    That's true but that doesn't mean that their line is compromised if Mankins is helping against Wake. It's up to the rest of the line to attack the other three New England defenders and force them to keep a TE in the backfield. If Gronkowski is staying back, that's a huge lift for a Miami D that has very talented, aggressive CBs-LBs. If you have New England using six to protect Brady, the remaining seven will be able to shut down the Patriots (especially if V.D. covers Welker).

14. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Let's not lose sight of the fact that Brian Waters, for a very long time, was one of the best G's in the entire NFL, and is about as savvy a veteran as they come. If he plays, which I haven't heard/read that he would (where did you? btw, that's interesting), I'm sure he'll be up to speed pretty quickly. I think Solder is the one you target, not Waters.

15. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

I agree. I'm not a big fan on Misi's pass rush ability, but his one pass rushing move matches up perfectly with Solders weakness. We have a chance to harass Brady all day(if we stop the run), which bodes well for our chances.

16. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I think that NE's OL is a big weakness, but they can often compensate with Brady's amazing pocket awareness and instincts. Despite that awareness, Brady isn't quick though, so if we can get pressure without blitzing then he won't have the obvious and generally wide open target available. I see that as the key to stopping them. I'd love to see a big game from Odrick as well as Wake and JT.

17. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Was going to point that out Rafi, Waters came into NE after Camp was over, Solder is a Rook and Light was not as consistent last season.

Brady does get that ball out of his hand quickly though.

18. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Can't Wake... :shifty:

19. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    While I do expect that Wake will have some success against the Patriots, the other guy I think will surprise is JT, who has always played his best football against division foes, in particular New England. With the line somewhat unsettled, I could see him having success against Soldier, or maybe even up the middle. I'm thinking 0.5 to 1.5 sacks, maybe even a forced fumble, and that may be enough for some folks to forget who he played for last year.

20. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Wow ...love that pick man....whered u find it?

21. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Na... Godzilla was the one that turned that down.

22. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I think you put your best player on that side, Wake vrs Solder, to completely take advantage and for them to have to slide another player mos def to his side, then Let misi just take up Matt Light's space...I don't see the reasoning behind putting our best defensive player on their best olineman..

23. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Pats fan board, the expect Waters to start...Who is hurt there if waters starts?, I know Vollmer is hurt but who is the other one that waters is replacing, mind goin blank?

24. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Nick Kazur, RG/RT, his back never came around, and Dan Connolley.