1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLUTIONS TO VICTORY: Carolina @ Miami

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by HULKFish, Nov 22, 2013.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    dude newton came thru with 3 points in the 2nd half and your defense held the niners to 0 points..giving the credit to newton who posted at 52 qbr by saying it was part of the best two game stretch by your Qb is pretty funny..

Did the niners not have the ball twice on their last two possessions where if they scored a field goal they would of won?? Your defense won the game.

I'm just holding you to both of your statements until you admit that just because he ran for a few first downs doesn't mean he played great from the pocket?

Listen, I hope your right, if that game is one half of his best back to back outings, I have hope from your analysis.

2. Jakob

Jakob New Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Maybe on paper it looks bad but, if not for his amazing pocket passing on third downs we probably would of lost that game 9-0

Newton leads the league on third downs with a 111.3 Passer rating.

3. 72 Dolphins

72 Dolphins New Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Sorry fellas - This one is a loss. And now no Pouncey?....We'll be lucky to be in it in the fourth quarter and I doubt we will be.

Carolina 34 Miami 17

4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Anyone remember us wanting tannehill to run more last year and it took him being on the sideline watching fellow rookie Russell Wilson against our defense make plays with his feet and it almost kind of inspired RT?! Tannehill ended up with a few big runs including like a 40 yarder and drove us to a comeback victory against that vaunted Seattle defense by throwing all over them.

I see that again today. Close game in 4th Miami 24 Panthers 21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I agree. Miami should make Cam beat them from the pocket. If he plays like last week it'll be tough, but RT can do the same. If that happens it will come down to the run game and pass rush. Miami has certainly had games where they were better in both those areas than Carolina, but they've also had games where they were horrid. We'll have to wait and see which Miami shows up.