1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

some guess work on the 2011 season

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by the 23rd, Mar 8, 2011.

1. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    what will the new season bring?
    1) Henne finally blossoms into the Franchise QB? do we go for broke in the draft?
    2) Sparano figures out how to play the game or will it be his last season with the fins?
    3) does Hartline step up to the plate as a legitimate number two & deep threat?
    4) will we fill the right holes on the offensive line or will we continue a third rate unit?
    5) does our defense mature into a cohesive & brutal force to be reckoned with in 2011?
    6) will Sheets return adding the coveted speed to our backfield & special teams?

how's it going to end?
    a) post season
    b) winning season?
    c) losing season?
    d) an entertaining rebuilding season?
    e) a disappointing season?
    f) a 500 season?​

I know. haven't had the draft or free-agency, no camps etc.
    this can only be an exercise in speculation, the hypothetical & opinions
    but I'd like to see how the forum is thinking @ this point in our development

dolfan7171 likes this.
  2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I had just hoped you had an inside track on the schedule..:lol:

dolfan7171 and siciliansith like this.
  3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Franchise? doubt it. Above Average, more than likely.
    Should have already been gone IMO

I don't think so.
    I don't know this one. What should have been a sure thing on this team with the philosophy and the staff's background in the position, is a bit of a nightmare. After the mess they created this year, I dont know why I should trust them to have it fixed this year.

This is probably the most likely out of all your guess work.

I doubt it. The unit itself is pretty unspectacular IMO

winning season, probably falling just short of the playoffs if I had to guess. Should have an easier schedule, but its really tough to say with this impending lockout or whatever it might be, new staff, no FA or draft to base projections on as of yet. So, Im not really sticking to this opinion, only time will tell.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  4. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    I'll be satisfied if I don't see a fake draw to a draw play ever again

Pandarilla likes this.
  5. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    I think some of you should go to your place of worship and pray and get the following answers.

1 Who is to blame that our starting LT was hurt most of the season
    2 Who is to blame our starting RT had shaky knees since the pre season
    3 Who is to blame the rookie RG would get an illness that kicked his butt. For the rest of his play, he was a rookie in a new system and it was obvious he was in over his head and there was no one better to take his place

Our Center was starting as center from the get go for the first time. I am not getting into an argument Grove was better because every single NFL team thought he was not good enough to even make a roster. Same for Thomas until Lions picked him up due to injurys and he still never stepped on the field as pisss poor as Detroits line was. Smiley sat the bench in Jacksonville so the topic of those three imagined super stars is out of the way.

We had a LG that practiced at RG all spring and OTAs. then they inserted him at LG. Why, we had no one else there and IMO, it was obvious in the spring that John Jerry could not move faster then a rock and again, rookie.

Who is to blame Garner would break his foot two times within 5 months in the same place.
    Who is to blame Feinga got into a car wreck and jacked his wrist up.

By the time all the above went down and people were cut, they picked up what they could pick up, which wasn't much to speak of.

Our Oline, if Healthy in 2010 would have been light years better then what we saw. We basically replaced every single guy except our LG because of Injury and our LG even was forced into center with about a minute and a half to practice.

With the exception of the team being fed up with Jake Grove going into prima dona mode, every single other issue was beyond any humans control. So, like I said, go pray, maybe you will hear a voice with the answer on who is to blame.

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I feel good about 2, great about 5..

7. Hurricane

Hurricane Guest

1) No. Identical product to what was seen last year ... which was seen the year before.
    2) There will need to be a scapegoat by next January; it will be Henne, not Sparano.
    3) No. Production will be tied to poor QB play, however, he will flash his potential once more.
    4) The offensive line will be repaired, but a replacement for Carey will be needed this time next year.
    5) Yes. We will have a top 5 unit, regardless of who we acquire in the coming months.
    6) Sheets will add special teams value and nothing more.

how's it going to end?

I don't see Sparano as a guy who can get the most out of his players, so we're going to need to resort to free agency and the draft to fill in the final pieces to push us to the postseason in 2012, despite the potential being there now.

8. ascii

ascii People Watcher

Nov 27, 2007
    Etters, Pa
    I can't find a clip of that play, but I'd love to. Henning should highlight that play at any future interviews.

9. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    If I had to bet, I'd bet on an extremely disappointing season. But I'm hoping to be proven very wrong.

Pandarilla likes this.
  10. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    my best guess:

1) does Henne finally blossom into the Franchise QB? do we go for broke in the draft?
    whether we draft or pick up a veteran on the cheap, I see more problems @ QB, however, through competition one will rise to the level of competency & start the season. I think the odds favor Henne to start. having said that: I believe he will never lead us to a SuperBowl. he is not a franchise qb
    2) Sparano figures out how to play the game or will it be his last season with the fins?
    I think Sparano will go the way his new Offensive Coordinator goes... should Daboll prove to be another Nolan, it will reflect positively on Tony. if Brian is a bust, Sparano is gone
    3) does Hartline step up to the plate as a legitimate number two & deep threat?
    no, not convincingly, but should establish & position himself to do so with the right QB under center in 2012
    4) will we fill the right holes on the offensive line or will we continue a third rate unit?
    if it is the priority, yes. if it is just another thing to fix on offense, no.
    5) does our defense mature into a cohesive & brutal force to be reckoned with in 2011?
    absolutely, a resounding yes to all the above mentioned
    6) will Sheets return adding the coveted speed to our backfield & special teams?
    yes & will make his bones in 2011 in a big way

an entertaining rebuilding season, hopefully we break even

11. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    Wow if all these predictions are true I hope there is a lockout,too much work to done here!

12. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    rebuilding? what makes you think this is a rebuilding season? we will likely have 16 or more returning starters.