1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Not Sold on Ronnie Brown

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by njfinfan, Oct 1, 2008.

1. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Some not sold on Miami Dolphins' Ronnie Brown | MiamiHerald.com

Some folks still don't think he has lived up to his draft pedigree because he has yet to become the greatest running back in NFL history to wear the name ''Brown'' on his jersey. Others believe he has arrived because, well, he had some good games last year and another good one last week.

The debate is admittedly a struggle between extreme views of the same player.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  2. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Sorry, I have a REALLY tough time reading ARMANDO.

But, my 2cents? To say he hasnt lived up to his Draft Pedigree is completely LUDACRIS. He has been nothing short of brilliant, just has had a tough time staying healthy.

For devils advocate, lets compare him to some of our other first rounders.

V-Carey. Solid but not spectacular at Tackle. I thought the move to RT was a mistake going into the season, however it mind end up being the most brilliant move for our Offense. I give Carey a B rating

Jason Allen. A truley frustrating player. He is a tweener and that makes it tough to nail down a real position for him. He has shown glimpses of greatness, yet can't break into the starting line-up where a this team has a SERIOUS weakness. Grade C-

Ted Ginn- Did show some nice things last year, especially on special teams. Really lacking when it comes to running routes. Is fast, but not quick or speedy. That doesnt bode well. Considered a bit smallish and even worse, perhaps fragile. Has really regressed in Punt return as well. I hold that I think, unless he really starts to pan-out, he will be gone by next season. Grade C+

Jake Long. Of course its young in the season, and verdict is still out. You know, going into the draft I was adamently AGAINST Jake Long. He is quickly making a believer out of me. The game I watched in Phoenix, I studied the Offensive line. And while that wasnt their best showing, Big Jake was stellar. Very very few times was there ANY breakdown on his side of the line. He will prove to be a big-time talent in this league IMO. Grade to date A

Lets also take into consideration the other two backs highly coveted in Brown's year. Cedric Benson- Anything but spectacular. Legal isssues and now a recently added backup for the very lowly Bengals. Grade D
    Cadillac Williams. While Ronnie has had injury issues, Caddy has had INJURY issues. He has had a handfull of "Nice" games, but not even close to the consistency that Brown has. Ronnie has so many more tools than either of those guys. that is clear. (Of course Benson is proving to just beeing a tool at this point).

My final grade on Ronnie B+. If he can come back to full health and stay that way, he could EASILY turn into a High A.

Just my opinion

3. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    I don't see how u give jason allen anything but an "f" grade......dudes number 16 OVERALL.....and is playing special teams and backing up chris crocker........untill he starts and lives up to a high first rounder......then the dudes a bust

F !!!

4. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I think this has already been posted, but I say hooey....considering the source.... I'm going to write an article entitled: No one sold on Armando...

5. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    I think C- is extremely generous. But I don't wanna hijack the thread talking about how much I think Jason Allen sucks

6. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

As soon as I saw "Armando", decided this wasn't worth the time it would take to read the article.

djphinfan and njfinfan like this.
  7. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    :lol: I did a search before I posted it. If you can find it I'll merge it and btw I agree with you about Armando.

Larryfinfan and azfinfanmang like this.
  8. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    I think he is doing much better than the other top picks for that year. The only one even close is Braylon, and he is having a bad year with a pro bowl QB

9. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Man our former coaches can't see talent if it hit them in the face. Saban and Cam were idiots for having so little faith in Ronnie.

He's proved to me he's got the talent to be a top back, and proven it on the field in the NFL, but he's right, he needs to do this for a sustained period of time, which i think he will.

10. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007

Fair enough.

Then what does this say about Ginn that was picked at 9 Not 16, not 12 but 9. He is playing backup to Rich Camarillo and Devon Bess and is NOT even in on Special Teams?

Just saying.

11. Dannyg28

Dannyg28 Say hi to the rings

Jan 4, 2008
    the not playing on special teams part is just the coaching staff being stupid imo. he ws one of the better kick returners in the entire league last year, if you don't think hes that good of a receiver i can understand, but he has proven to be a very very good kick returner and instead put bess there(who is 32 out of 32 in kick return avg. i believe)

Granted i don't see the guys practicing everyday, but the one place Ginn has showed he has a chance to make a big impact is on special teams, taking him off that makes no sense.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  12. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Durrrrrrr He's a bust duuuuuur

13. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas

agreed. That's one thing I learned about Parcells with him being in Dallas, is he will spite people for no reason. I honestly think he lost games in Dallas on purpose to spite players

14. Duss

Duss Season Ticket Holder

Dec 9, 2007
    He's still better than caddy and Benson wich is the most important thing since we were drafting a rb if alexx Smith wasnt available to us

15. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Because, despite being yanked from starting spot to bench and back again over the last few years, he's been more productive than any other safety that is currently playing on our team and quite few a safeties that had played for us in the past.

As for Ronnie Brown, the only way he's going to shake off detractors (myself NOT included in that group), he'll have to put up 1400 yards. Do I think he's lived up to the number 2 spot? Considering the other options we could have selected and how he produced under the circumstances he played with, I'd have to say yes.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  16. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Im sold on him. Last year he was outstanding, and he proved that he probably will be again this year after last week. Just keep getting him the ball... good things have happened for us when he has the ball. FEED THE BEAST!!!

17. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007

Well, keep in mind, he is just coming of MAJOR knee surgery last year.

I say if he stays healthy this year, he could easily be looking at a 1,300-1,500 yards rushing and who knows how many passing touchdowns.. :pointlol:

18. finsgirlie

finsgirlie break my Luxury Box

Dec 2, 2007
    Fantasy Land
    hahahahahahahah.....wait....hahahahaahah....lemme catch....hahaha....my breath.......

wait, youre serious?

19. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    He could not be the best running back to wear the last name BROWN on the back of his jersey. That will forever be long to Jim Brown. The people that dont like Ronnie Brown yet or the ones that say he is a bust are to put it the nicest way I know how are idiots

20. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    What did you expect? It was a bye week. Guess, they couldn't control their temptation and ended up using Ricky's stash. :up:

Kanye West and finsgirlie like this.
  21. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    I live that sig you have bro JEST. Man New York you are special alright mighty special