1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some random observations from today's game, FWIW

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by The G Man, Sep 12, 2010.

1. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    The defense looked good. Real good. Except for that blown coverage that gave up a cheap TD in the 4th quarter, we looked much better overall (as compared to last season). They kept us in this game from the onset.

I think many of the concerns re; the FS position can be put to rest, as Clemons looked very good today.

My new nickname for Yeremiah Bell is The Hammer. Daggoner, that dude can bring it.

Dansby and Marshall both showed why we paid them the big bucks. Marshall will have bigger/better games, but he's a stud. Dansby is without a doubt the unquestioned leader on this D already.

Henne is still a WIP. He will get better, but he must step his game up to be the QB this team needs. Dropped passes aside, he was inconsistent (IMO) today.

Ronnie Brown is a stud (pay him!). And, while I may get some flack for saying this, Ricky Williams looks like he's lost a step. Sorry, but you can't stop father time.

Dan Henning still makes me scratch my head and mutter under my breath. Either he's already forgotten more about football than I will ever know, or senility is setting in. For him I mean.

They better stop playing for FG's, because against better opponents we won't always come away with a win.

Special teams looked much better today (than in the preseason).

All in all, a hard fought and well deserved win against an underrated opponent in a hostile environment. Good to get one under our belt. Now it's time to focus on old man Favre and the Viqueens.

Go Phins! :marble:

2. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I wonder what Ronnie did to piss off Sparano because he is not getting touches even when he is kicking ***.

resnor likes this.
  3. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    He is coming back from injury. Not to mention Ronnie's got to face Minny's vaunted run defense. Best to save him in instances that you can.

Steve-Mo likes this.
  4. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    I thought that Ronnie Brown was good, not great. Henne disappointed- he has very limited mobility and has to really throw the ball well to be the QB that we need- for lack of a better word what I didn't see out of him was crispness. The underthrow to Marshall was awful. If they're going to keep running the wildcat please throw the ball once in a while. To this day I wonder if Parcells was disappointed that he wasn't able to draft Tebow to run the wildcat- to each his own regarding opinions on that matter. Defense looked very good- Dansby, Wake, Starks, Misi, Odrick, Bell, Clemons all looked really good top me. Culver screwed the pooch and it would have been nice for at least one of those potential pick sixes to have paid off- Jason Allen and I forget who the other guy was.

Biggest concern- Henne. The game in general- boring.

5. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Word.

6. The G Man

Mar 18, 2009
    Even though Henne did underthrow Marshall, he still should've caught it. It hit him right in the hands. Henne pulled the string because he didn't want to overthrow Marshall, and miss him completely. Not saying it was a perfectly thrown pass, but it was definitely catchable IMHO.

And, the other dropped pick six you couldn't remember was Benny Sapp.

7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Two words:

Dan Henning.

8. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    I think that Marshall's view might have been blocked by the DB on the underthrow. He should have caught it, but it was an awful throw. Henne has to step it up. Maybe the wind was a factor up there, I don't know. He just wasn't sharp, but at least he made no really big errors. Good enough against the Bills, but against better teams- not so sure.

The G Man likes this.
  9. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Ronnie did Dan Henning?:shifty:

10. The G Man

Mar 18, 2009
    I'll agree with that Jim. :up:

Keep in mind, it was the first game (of the regular season). And, only Henne's what, 14th start at QB? I still think he will develop into a fine QB. Elite? Dunno. But, I think he can be a solid if not spectacular QB that we can win football games with. Only time will tell though.

11. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    That's a concern. The only thing I can think of is they're trying to spread out the carries to keep both fresh. They did it two years ago as well, and it worked out well for us. They actually did the same thing last year until Ronnie got hurt.

I do think they need to go with the hot hand though. Ronnie was running like a man possessed yesterday.

Oh, and am I the only one who's ready to take the 'Wildcat' out back out with a Shotgun?

12. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I expect to see a lot new wrinkles with the wildcat soon. They showed one new one yesterday, with two backs lining up next to Brown. I expect to see a new wrinkle or three again this weekend that result in big plays. Time to take the training wheels off the offense Henning. Buffalo was basically a scrimmage. Now it's time to get the offense going.

13. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I think he wants that contract.