1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

some stupid but perhaps appropriate/timely questions

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by the 23rd, Mar 17, 2010.

1. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    stupid but appropriate?

1) what is the contract/negotiating staus status on Ricky & Ronnie? is our tandem from hell in limbo & if so why?
    2) what's going on w/ Jason Taylor?
    3) what's happened w/ Fasano?
    4) thought we signed the WR that played w/ Bess in Hawaii. Seemed like a rising star in the Canadian league. have heard absolutely nothing about the guy. even forgot his name. what's happening?

we need to resolve these issues asap. unless I've missed something, which is quite possible, there's been no movement. what do you know? what do you think?

HULKFish likes this.
  2. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    No one bit on any of the tenders... Ronnie and Fasano are still on the team. Ricky is signed and supposedly retiring at the end of this coming season. JT is a FA and has a few teams interested but no one will look into that until after the draft. I believe Bess's team-mate is still on the team but he sounds like another #3 type of guy.

3. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    Ricky has stated that this is his last year. JT is entertaining offers from other teams, reports have speculated that up to 4 teams are interested, but signs point to him being here next year. Fasano was given an RFA tender, I don't remember what exactly, but he's likely to be here next year. And I don't know about the WR.

4. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

1. Ricky retiring as everybody else said. Ronnie has an RFA tender. Miami gets him for another year without a long term deal to evaluate whether he stays healthy. If he blows out his knee game 1 he's gone and we fall back on Ricky, Cobbs, and Hilliard. If he gets signed by another team then we give up a pick for Brandon Marshall.

2. Jason recently gave up big bucks in Washington to re-sign with Miami. Miami's gonna want him back at $3 mil max and he's either waiting to see his market worth, hoping to get a big deal, or wanting to stay an FA to miss camp. Bottom Line: He's most likely a Dolphin next year.

3.Anthony Fasano is a good player most when there are other threats around him or as a blocker. He missed David Martin on the other side to free him up to go crazy. He got tagged as a RFA so if someone signs him to a deal we get a 2nd rounder. He most likely won't so we will most likely keep Fasano.

4. Ryan Grice-Mullen. He had some great stats at Hawaii but so did Bess. They run a spread offense at Hawaii I think which boosts QB and WR stats tremendously not to mention the WAC isn't the top conference. They play half of their games in the WAC. Grice-Mullen had 210 yards and 1 TD the entire CFL year. He's most likely going to be a STer for us considering he set a CFL record for a 106 yard return in the playoffs.

the 23rd likes this.