1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

some thoughts

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by anlgp, Jul 21, 2013.

1. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I was just thinking about the off-season moves we made, and realized it's been a half a million years since I've stopped in, so I figured I'd stop in and generate some discussion. I'm cautiously optimistic for this season. Cautiously optimistic because I know what it's like to get fully optimistic and get punched in the nuts.

I like that we've drafted Tanny and that we have a very good backup in Moore. The position Tanny was drafted at makes me nervous because of the amount of busts over the years that were taken in the first round, but I like what I've seen from him so far, and now we've (becuase I'm totally a part of the decision making process) surrounded him with weapons and that should hopefully help him continue to improve.

I also like that we made a lot of moves to help the offense over the FA period, and although I dislike the idea of paying a lot of cash for WRers in general, I'm happy that we have a legit deep threat to push the safeties back, and from what I've read elsewhere Wallace isn't just a one trick pony.

Aside from the Phins, I'm happy that the Patriots two tight-end set offense will be hampered (not that I wish that kind of legal trouble on anyone), and that the Jets lost Revis and the Bills are.. the Bills.

I also think it's a good time for us to knock the Patriots down a peg, or off their peg entirely, and while I think all those things.. I think that the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.

Here's to hoping for at least a playoff spot, if not much more.

I've got it set up with a friend this year where I'm supposed to be going out to BWW to catch games on Sunday (but the dude works 90+ hours a week, so..) and I'm hoping I can catch some more Phins games.

PhinsRock and TiP54 like this.
  2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Arrow is pointing up for the team Gap..we're real young in all the right places, I heard something the other day that made me raise a good eyebrow, and that was within serious betting circles, as in the guys in Vegas, Philbin is gaining a lot of respect around the league.

I'm very interested to see what the ceiling is on Ryan.

3. anlgp

Oh, I agree it's definitely pointing up. That's good to hear Philbin is gaining a lot of respect around the league.

4. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Yes he is. He was selected to the Coaches Subcommittee of the Competition Committee after his first year. That's a huge sign of respect.

Also, just watch his press conferences.....they are a thing of beauty. He calls most reporters by their first name...and they respect him. They ask about Jordan, he says he's on the NFI list and that's all he's going to say about it....and they actually listen to him and don't push!!!!!

I've been saying it since his name was brought up as a coach, and every day I'm more convinced.....he's the one.

PhinsRock, ToddPhin and Rocky Raccoon like this.
  5. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    welcome back anal gap

SICK likes this.
  6. anlgp

:shifty: good to see ya

King Felix likes this.
  7. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Stop it, you'll scare him away. :shifty:

King Felix likes this.
  8. anlgp

I welcome the name

9. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    thats what i thought, or I wouldn't have said it. haha

10. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Good to have you back, half million years is a long time, :lol: nice post, did it take that long to think of it? :shifty:

11. anlgp

Only half the time