1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something to make you go Hmmmm

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by mullingan, Dec 4, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    How God turned my bad day good yesterday

Well, its been just a long hard week for me. My mother, who has been sick for some time and very sick for the past 3 months, died Monday. Yesterday we said our final goodbye and laid her to rest. I could never had made it without the love, prayers, and support of our family and friends.

One of the last coherant conversations I had with my mother was shortly after I lost my wedding ring and I told her about it. That was 3 months ago. I have looked every where and given up hope of ever finding it.

Got home from the funeral, got some things out of the car. On the way into the house my wife said "I got something to show you that will make you feel better". I said "with company in the house?" which I usually say in a jokingly "romantic" way. She says "No better then that." Of course I said "whats better then that?". We get inside and she shows me my wedding ring.
    While I was getting the stuff out of the car. My wife looks down in our muddy driveway. The driveway we drive in and out of everyday. Walk around everyday, 2, 3 , 4 times a day. In the mud of a cold rainy day, layed my wedding ring.

I prayed all day for God to get me through, to show me strength. God, yes I believe God used my mother, my wife, and my faith. To make a day with very bad memories, contain a great memory.

Praise God.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  2. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

I do not pretend to understand or ever try to explain things like what just happened to you. I simply rejoice in them and wish you my prayers and condolences on your loss!

dolfan7171 and dolphindebby like this.
  3. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    I am sorry for your loss, and happy for your gain.....when God closes one door.....

dolfan7171 and dolphindebby like this.
  4. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    Sorry about Mom, buddy. Looks like she's looking out for you!

5. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    What a wonderful thing to share with us mulligan.
    Doesn't God work in such wonderful ways?
    May God bless and keep you through this difficult time.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  6. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I'm glad God worked things out for you. Continue to believe and trust in Him. He got your back!!

dolphindebby likes this.
  7. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Very sorry for your loss, brother......God bless you and your family

dolphindebby likes this.
  8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Sorry about your loss, Mullingan. I wish you and yours the best.

Cute kid, by the way. :up: