1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Source: Broncos WR Smith to retire after series of injuries

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by alen1, Jul 24, 2008.

1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3502213

Hats off to a great career. Liked him a lot and wish him the best in the future.

2. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    This sort of came out of nowhere. Smith I believe is the last remaining member from Denver's championships and is Hall of Fame worthy in my eyes. Great career.

3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I believe you are correct about him being the last remaining member. I think players should look up to this guy for inspiration. Went undrafted and look at his career. It was GREAT for an undrafted player. He is a great character as well.

4. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Actually there were rumors he was gonna retire last season with his health issues. Guess he finally decided he couldnt come back at a level he felt comfortable with.

I always liked him, a hard working player, a good all around guy, tough, dependable. Hard to get better than him as an undrafted player, will have a good shot at the hall imo.

5. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Shanahan confirms Rod Smith's retirement. Sad to see him go, but it was time. IMO, he should be a serious Hall of Fame candidate.

alen1 likes this.
  6. m ino

m ino New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    and as the world turns the broncs recieving core is slowly becoming a huge question mark with walker gone,smith retiring and now marshall possibly being suspended for a undetermined amount of time atleast it gives royal a better oppurtunity to show what he has.