1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sources: Parcells can walk with full pay

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Feb 6, 2009.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    njfinfan likes this.
  2. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Who was the genius behind this brainchild? He can basically leave us high and dry if he felt like it, we receive nothing and he receives everything? Not quite fair, IMO.

3. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Desperate times...

4. 2xBlown

2xBlown Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    That would be one of the most successful businessmen in America. Pretty sure he knows how to deal with employment agreements.

5. Caps

Caps Movimiento Juvenil

Mar 23, 2008
    This is a non-story IMO.

Rocky Raccoon, like2god and Agua like this.
  6. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Now the rumors will NEVER END.

Even if this report is false, we will be continually reminded on every pregame show and sportscenter about how Parcells can walk away. Every time a coach or GM gets fired, there will be Parcells rumors.

njfinfan likes this.
  7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    He could but he wont, i look for restructuring soon, unless ross is a dumass.

8. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    Woooops! I opened the thread expecting to Armando's name attached to it as a Herald Blog.

njfinfan likes this.
  9. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    :lol: Whether people believe it's a "non-story" or not, this, if true, genuinely concerns me. Walking away from teams that he helped spur on to excellence is not foreign to Parcells. I don't know if he has made a definitive "I'm not going anywhere" official statement or not and, if he has, I don't know that he can be trusted. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled with the changes made in our team last season.

ATVZ400 likes this.
  10. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    Honestly, it isn't a practical concern to me. IF whatever contract there is provides for such an outcome, and we all know from experience, what is in the press commonly has little to do with reality, but IF it is as suggested in that blurb, does anyone believe that if Parcells really didn't want to operate as VP anymore, he'd let a contract stand in his way? I don't. Nor do I think if someone like the Jets really thought that they could lure him over there, that they'd let compensation to Miami stand in their way either.

Parcells is where he is because he wants to be. When he ceases wanting to be here anymore, he'll quit. I don't believe, at this stage of his life and with as much money as he has, that he's worried about holding one team up for ransom as against another, and I don't believe he'd hang around somewhere that was drudgery because of a penalty in a contract. An employer wouldn't want someone hanging around if they really wanted to be somewhere else anyway - they aren't going to do good work for you.

I honestly think he likes doing what he's doing. He likes Tony and Ireland and thinks he can provide guidance to them and the team which is worth his salary. When he'd rather be doing something else, he will, and a contract isn't going to keep him from doing anything, one way or another.

11. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    This is a reworking of the old story. He has a 30 day window....he has about 15 days left. Has something changed ? Did Ross sign a new agreement with him ? Unless that happened this is someone trying to stir the pot, and nothing else.

12. Trackstar

Trackstar Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    FL
    I thought we put this one to bed?

like2god and njfinfan like this.
  13. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Just read the report.....why did Huizenga do it ? That seems to me to be screwing Ross, and why did Ross agree to it. Very strange and I would love to know exactly what "league sources" are telling us this.

If it doesn't come straight from the Dolphins or Parcells I still believe its someone in the press throwing something against the wall and trying to see if anything sticks.

Agua and njfinfan like this.
  14. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Huizinga did it cause Parcells had all the leverage. Would you rather have Huizinga break the deal and allow Parcells go to Atlanta? I wouldn't.

15. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    yikes... great... now we have to worry on a daily basis whether parcells will leave or not...

i liked it a whole lot better when it was just 30 days that were counting down...

njfinfan likes this.
  16. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    You see ,folks.
    This is what Parcells has wanted for a long time.To run a franchise,so to speak,with no strings attached.I know that he won't be going anywhere until the end of next season.Then he will make up his mind(again).
    He can now enjoy himself without anyone breathing down his neck all the time to do this,do that,etc.
    He has stated 500 times that he wants to shop for the groceries.Well he's also cooking the dinner to.He has it great in S.Florda and I think he knows it.
    He won't be around this earth forever.How many more "stops" do you think he wants to take?

djphinfan likes this.
  17. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    He is not leaving do it is not an issue.

18. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    News reporters need to keep busy, so they do stir the pot get people talking and earn another paycheck.

19. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    How about this.....someone is stirring this up, to make it harder for Miami to attract FA's. If guys hear that Parcells is leaving, and that Miami might have a bunch of termoil again, they might be scared off.

Am I reaching or is it plausable ?

20. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    We all knew Bill would come and go as he saw fit,should we even care if he's walking out the door with some billionaire's money?Ummmmmm No.

We all saw the look on Bill's face the last game as our Olin was having it's azz handed to it.His work will be done when our Oline can dominate the best defenses the nfl has to offer,tell then he'll be here end of story.

21. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    The only problem I have is that ESPN keeps saying that Parcells said he would stay with the team through "next season." If they are going off of what he said on their very NFL Live a week ago and I believe they are, Parcells said he was with the team until Ireland and Sparano could handle the team on their own. When Trey Wingo asked "So this means your staying with the Dolphins" after Parcells made the statement about waiting until Sparano and Ireland were ready Parcells answered by saying with a bit of an of course idiot comment, "Definitely."

Obviously Parcells has a history of bailing on teams but I honestly think he will set up Ireland and Sparano and then leave. Whether that will be next year or the one after I don't know but I do think he will stay long enough for that to be accomplished. ESPN really needs to be more detailed with their news.

22. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    this is a non-story. Saban was under contract here and he walked away. So what does it matter?

If parcells wanted to leave, he'd leave. Regardless of any contract.

Fin D likes this.
  23. Califin

Califin Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2007
    This actually provides the unchained comfort that he can finally retire with.

He's here cuz he wants to be, for no other reason whatsoever, and perhaps wayne's best move

ever.

njfinfan likes this.
  24. New Era

New Era Waterboy

Nov 28, 2007
    It sucks if he leaves...

But pretty much the thought was that this will be his "See I Can Turn It Around...Team". Then he would leave to help yet another team only watching the playoffs.

That is why team original deal gave him a 30-day window..

"Hey Bill help me raise the value of the Fins and I will give you a contract that allows you to get paid and leave, IF you do not want to stay with the new owner."

Then the new deal...

"Hey Bill please don't leave until you think your FO is ready to move on without you. I just paid a billion dollars for this team. How about I give you a contract that allows you to leave anytime you want with full pay?"

Bill's response...

"I am focused on the 2009 season with my team. I might be leaving after this season, if another owner is willing to pay me the same way. But I might stay if things are smooth and we get past the 1st round of the playoffs."

...not quoted. Just saying that is a very fair business deal for BP who had all the cards with Wayne and even more with Ross. Supply and demand at its finest. NOBODY thought this was BP last team. We just need to pick his brain on what he is WILLING to share as a FO...then best of luck to him.

THANKS BILL!!! :)

njfinfan likes this.
  25. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    i would like to interrupt this thread to bring you this standing ovation...{clap,clap,clap}

Mr. H and Mr. ross...i applaud you both for doing everything humanly possible to insure that Bill Parcells is the happiest president of football operations in the history of the world.
    That is some contract that Mr.parcells has now......stay as long as you want, but if we piss you off in any way, you can quit and take all the money remaining on your contract.....no worries Bill.

This is what Bill Parcells has dreamed of all his life..complete autonamy with no committment. Congrats to Wayne and Ross for recognizing the genious and for doing everything they can to secure him with us. Thank you.

If he leaves us after all this red carpet, he will be the biggest waste of humanity ever....Which he is not. far from it...This will be Bills last job boys and girls..enjoy it while it lasts.

54Fins likes this.
  26. Jimi

Jimi Active Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Sweet now weve got good forum topic from now until the day Bill finally leaves!

27. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I just don't see how anyone can be upset by this talk of the Tuna being able to leave anytime he wants to. He has NEVER lived up to a full contract except his very first contract with the G-men....since then he as left early from every team. This is certainly not a major revelation that he may leave early folks, so don't fret it...all we can hope for is to have him here long enough to get Ireland and Sparano off on the right foot, anything longer is a pipe dream...

28. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    What's the difference to us if he gets paid or not? If he becomes unhappy and wants out he'll leave period. The only difference now is that he'll get paid by the FO.

29. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    He is not going any where. If he leaves during the offseason then we can change my name to TomBradylover12. Trust me he is not going any where

30. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    iam only upset at the shock jock reporters who are stirring up the pot for no reason.

And please larry, telling us he hasnt stayed at any other place due to that hes some sort of a nomad, and insinuating that he is responsible for those departures, is old....and completely wrong. Jmo

31. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Oh Bill, you ol' trickster you. :lol:

32. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Ok, it wasn't his fault he left before living out his contracts, perhaps he wasn't wanted (Jets, Pats) any longer, any way you slice it, it's his MO. I don't blame him for leaving Dallas either, but facts are facts..he doesn't live out his contracts...

That said, I hope he lives this one out...we need his special ability. It took Wanny 5 yrs to kill this franchise, then we had Saban and Cam not be able to bring it out of obscurity. We need the Tuna's touch here, so if it's one more year that would be good. I still hope it's longer, but doubt that it will happen...one thing seems to be clear here, at least so far, Ross doesn't seem to be a Jerrah Jones, so perhaps we'll have him a little longer.

But I still didn't/don't expect to see him here for the full 4 yrs of the contract...

33. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I want em in Jeff's ear on his deathbed.

I dont think he will be here for the duration either, i think he will leave just to let Jeff and Tony make their own mark. buuuuuuut, you never know brother, maybe he wants to hold that trophy one more time.

34. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    He'll stay, there's not a chance he'll leave Jeff and Tony high and dry.