1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sparano DOES NOT win AP NFL Coach of the Year

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SkapePhin, Jan 4, 2009.

Tags:
  1. SkapePhin

SkapePhin sigpicz.blogspot.com

Jan 3, 2008
    Fort Lauderdale
    He lost to Mike Smith by one vote..

A guy who takes a 1 win team and wins their division loses to a guy who took a 4 win team and gets in as a wildcard...

Ummm OK. :\

2. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Im not so sure I agree with this. Sparano should have won Coach of the Year in my opinion. oh well, it is what it is...

3. Caps

Caps Movimiento Juvenil

Mar 23, 2008
    I don't think the fact that smith did it with a rookie QB is worth the extra 3 games of turnaround we had over them, but oh well. Personal awards are just that, if it's not a division championship or the Lombardi trophy, I won't lose sleep.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  4. HysterikiLL

HysterikiLL Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Two words: Mike Vick.

5. codizzle

codizzle New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    one word espn

they blew atlanta story during the offseason

6. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Well this is complete junk. The bad news just keeps rolling in. Reasons like this is why I loved seeing Atlanta get beat by Arizona after talk of Atlanta in the Super Bowl (although I am very high on Matt Ryan). ESPN just loves this team and constantly gave them all the praise while at the end of the year saying they knew Miami would be a good team and all that. I remember before the season starting the ESPN analysts saying the cupboard was bare in Miami and it would take all of Parcells 4 year contract to turn the team around. Then when making the playoffs they said they knew it all along. I am not one to say anyone has it out for any team but ESPN does indeed play favorites.

PMZQ likes this.
  7. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    I dont get it... I thought they tied and shared the award.. tnats what was reported a few days ago

8. dolphans1

dolphans1 New Member

Oct 15, 2008
    I have quickly learned in life that everything is temporary, at least for relative period of time.

Peyton Manning won the MVP award, but they got knocked out, and unfairly based on a coin flip.

Brett Favre got named to the Pro-Bowl, yet Pennington beats Favre and has the "better" season.

We win our division and play at home, yet we can't muster the energy to play over our heads to win.

Donovan McNabb was on the verge of being released along with his coach, and somehow they back into the playoffs against improbable odds, and defeat the Minnesota Vikings and advance.

The Chargers (at 8-8) were floundering this year, yet somehow win their division and beat the Colts and advance.

Last year Eli Manning and Coughlin were on the verge of losing their jobs, yet somehow win an improbable game with a receiver who traps the ball against his helmet and beats an alleged undefeated team.

Turnovers will kill you at any level, and that's what killed us today. You cannot spot a team like the Ravens any free points and expect to win the game.

But yet again, everything is temporary, we were 1-15 and I did not even expect us to win the division, yet as improbable as it was, we did.

We need an offensive line and a better pass rush........next season.........

d-1

dolpns13 likes this.
  9. finsmx

finsmx Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Monterrey, Mexico
    Cleo Lemon? :no:

:lol: