1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sparano: Dolphins braintrust revisiting Taylor

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, May 13, 2009.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Sparano: Dolphins braintrust revisiting Taylor
    http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/s...parano-dolphins-braintrust-revisiting-taylor/

2. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Wow this sounds so FU to taylor while I tend to agree don't string the man on let him know or just move on..

I mean it sounds like hes being forced to look at JT when he really doesn't want to.

3. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    There is a blurb about JT in the Herald Sports Buzz

Hopefully this gets done .You can never have too many good pash rushers as Sparano has said .JT is still one of the best.

dolphindebby likes this.
  4. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Man I would be happy if we brought him back.

Armando's source (which may well be JT) said today (well he wrote today) that there is no handshake agreement with the Patriots, or anybody. It's still completely wide open.

One issue is probably if and how much JT stunts Cameron Wake by keeping him off the field. But I am not sold on our pass rush. And what better pro to teach pass rush moves than Jason Taylor?

Another issue is special teams. What special teams outside linebacker are you prepared to sacrifice for JT? I think JT would be serious trouble for Charlie Anderson. We're pretty bare at ILB right now beyond Reggie Torbor, who plays special teams and also can play outside. So Anderson would probably be competing for a roster spot with J.D. Folsom and William Kershaw, both of whom are inside backers. Folson was brought in for special teams. Erik Walden was dynamite last year, a real difference maker on special teams. He's supposedly lining up on the weakside right now and they want to see him rush. I think his job is safe. He, JT, Porter, Roth and Wake make 5 OLB's.

Anderson committed two notable penalties on ST's last year that I can think of. And he didn't start making an impact rushing the passer until late last year. He's got something to prove.

Injuries occur. Young players struggle. Veterans get into a funk. IMO you need depth. Last year was the first time in a decade JT missed a game. And that came with the Redskins lining him up out of position. Stand the man up and let him pick his spots on passing downs, watch what happens.

5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I think you nailed that Muck, one of the problems with bringing Jason Taylor back on the roster is Special Teams, Wake is more then likely not a good prospect to cover kicks, neither is JT, but we'd have to cut a special teams player to ink JT.

That said, a nickel rush package of JP,JT and Wake would be awesome, if needed, Wake could play DE or JT could slide inside, or Joey Porter could as well.

6. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Dolphins return suits Jason Taylor

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-7-785/Dolphins-return-suits-Jason-Taylor.html

dolphindebby and CrunchTime like this.
  7. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    How much more does he need to humble himself?
    He's said he want to be a Dolphin, he's not that old, he still plays a good game. And no matter what anyone says about JT, he was and always will be a Dolphin.
    I will never understand the hate some have for him. I never felt he abandoned the team or did anything to hurt the team. If he made some bad decisions, so what, how many other players have?
    Yes, he danced, he didn't do the camps etc., but just what did he do to deserve the hate he gets? The players still like and respect him, so, how bad can he be?
    Like another poster said, they need to quit stringing him along. Either sign him, or let him go. IMO, it just sounds like a power play on the fo's part.
    I hope he does come back to the team. But, at the same time, I hope he's treated well and not a scape goat.

dolphinfn3454 and ATVZ400 like this.
  8. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ

Great post....

njfinfan and dolphindebby like this.
  9. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Thanks.
    A lot of the time, I get busted for taking up for JT. But I like him, always have and always will. On and off the field.

njfinfan likes this.
  10. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    question has sparano ever seemed excited about a prospect they might sign?

dolphindebby likes this.
  11. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    No, he's very un-readable.

12. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    I just want to point out that if this it is true jt is going to sign today sparano and ireland just punked out the media again BWAHAHAHAHAHA

FinSane and dolphindebby like this.
  13. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I think Wake's game lends itself to being a special teams demon... he chases and pursues very well ,is used to a much , much wider field and has a scary wingspan.

14. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    His change of direction is not the best, he's more like an upfield passrusher.

Either way though, I doubt we signed him to sit him.

15. JagsFan3223

JagsFan3223 New Member

May 11, 2009
    if this is the point why did they let him go in the first place last year?

16. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, with the Tuna and Sparano, you workout in the OTA's, or they don't want you in Miami, and we needed that 2nd round pick.

JT resigned in time to participate in the OTA's, and that was a key.

17. JagsFan3223

JagsFan3223 New Member

May 11, 2009
    Oh yea I forgot the whole Dancing with the Stars thing...

18. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    We just ROBBED the Redskins.

They got FLEECED.

BAD.

Advantage: us.
    muahahahahahahhaa

19. JagsFan3223

JagsFan3223 New Member

May 11, 2009