1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sparano got on to Vontae Davis for being too aggressive!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by RickyNeverInhaled, May 5, 2009.

1. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    I guess this is a good problem! I'm sure Sparano doesn't have a problem with Vontae doing this to opposing teams. Apparently he knocked someone down during mini camp. you can hear it for yourself here:

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/aquavision/aquavision.asp?category=1&mediaid=42435

click on the video titled finstv may 1 and you'll hear them talk about it in the first minute and a half.

He also got an interception by jumping the route.

I'm loving it!

New Era and Frumundah Finnatic like this.
  2. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Last person I remember having that kind of attitude in training camp was Mark Clayton. He was this short mouthy kid who bragged that he could jump over a ping pong table lengthwise and the veterans bet on him and he did it. The rest is history.

3. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    And he teamed with a dude named... I think it was Duper. Wonder how that went. :up:

Back on topic, that is, indeed, a good problem to have.

4. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    I'm more happy Vontae didn't pull a Vernon because of that....

Guy's full of himself but at least it hasn't been too detrimental. You like a little fire but you also hope he doesn't cross that thin line.

5. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

The only reason sparano chewed him out was because they didn't have pads on it was supposed to be no contact.

Once the pads go on all bets are off. Of course they won't be trying to hurt one another; but that's when the camp truly begins IMO.

baboo72, Agua, Big E and 1 other person like this.
  6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I think all our rooks except for pat and clemons are gonna need a little bit of a reality check when the vets come in...there is an identity and makeup of a football player that needs to represent this franchise from here on out. We may of sacrificed that a little in this draft because we desperately needed some explosion and athletisism on our club.. but i will not judge them, we'll see, they have a clean slate in my book.

p.s...lets not forget, smith and davis are real young, drafting juniors has not been this regimes m.o, which also lends me to believe how desperate we were for that athletism.

Sceeto, baboo72 and mullingan like this.
  7. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Keep in mind we are talking about CBs. From a mental standpoint its a tough position to play with constant pressure and the need to focus one play at a time. These kids being aggressive and confident is a good thing. If they give up a pass we need them to get right back up in the WRs face and pick the next pass off.
    Id be much more concerned if they were totally laid back and uncaring. I think some people are confusing confidence with arrogance. These are 2 kids that know they have good physical ability, and they want to use it to shut down other teams passing games. This is a good thing. They will take their lumps in practice and during the season, but if they keep their attitude and keep coming back strong I dont care.

New Era, cnc66 and baboo72 like this.
  8. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    You're just angry that a CB actually hit someone unlike your boy Smith :tongue2:

9. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    I hope neither one of them shies away from contact because IMO thats one thing we need is some physical corners. I wouldn't mind seeing them getting the attention of some of the big receivers in our division.

10. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    No, I'm just happy my boy Smith can hold onto a pick instead of bobbling it back to the WR. :up:

I don't mind Vontae's play on the field and I've defended it at times here. It's the other things I'm worried about.

11. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Yeah, that's true. Also, look at the receivers we will be going up against for this upcoming season. We were pretty thin in the secondary to begin with, and then losing Goodman, we had to seriously upgrade that position. Again, look at the guys we'll be facing this year. I think we'll be ready. I really like Sean Smith. I was hoping that we'd be able to get him for awhile now. If he works out, a guy with his size should really help with guys like Fitz, Boldin, Moss, A. Johnson, etc. ;)