1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sparano on Sirius

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by The Aqua Crush, Dec 12, 2008.

Tags:
  1. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Just caught the end of it...

Here are some notes...

On Porter - He knew coming in they would have to have a relationship, Joey wants to be told what to do, and Sparano tells him. They have had a great relationship and based on respect and he's really happy he is on the team as a first year coach comming in.

Secondary - Collectively have been constantly improving. Ever since they put R. Hill into there, it really settled guys down and the communication between the unit improved dramatically. That in turn allowed the corners like W. Allen and Bell to get more aggressive and put pressure at parts of the field. They have confidence everyone else is doing what their suppose to be doing. It all turned when R.Hill took the leader ship role.

San Fran - They use a ton of pre snap movements, the d has to be prepared for changes and communication and assignment discpline needs to be there. They have to lineup good and communicate well. The 49ers use the underareas very well. Singltary has gotten martz to buy into it as a scheme team thing. Gore is a tremendous player and needs to be accounted for. THey play good fundamentals, have been in control and eliminating turnovers, which has helped them win. He is hoping for a big home crowd for the last game, which has been getting better and better, and it jacks the players up, they really respond to the crowd, he believes the people in S. Florida will show up in big numbers this week

Coverage Units (SP Teams) - Have been slowly been better fundamentaly lately after a terrible start. THey have been practicing lane discipline, responsibilities and elminating out of position errors that cost them. Mentioned the players have to make the plays and they have been getting better and he hopes it continues to get better.

Sorry it was a 10 min . interview and that was only the last 2 minutes.

Anyone else have stuff to add that would be great.

Tony Rules.

EDIT: Also after Tim Ryan mentioned that Sparano the week before the pats game changed up one of the practices and went without pads. It was the first time all season, and now the last time they ever go without pads in practice before a game.

2. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I heard most of this interview. I think you covered most of it bro.

I was surprised to hear how much of a difference the addition of hill in the secondary made.

gotta love kirwin and ryan on sirius in the afternoons.

The Aqua Crush likes this.
  3. ATLFINFAN

ATLFINFAN Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007

I am basically paying for Sirius to listen to these guys show. They are great at what they do. Ryan is in Miami now, and was there to interview Coach S. today. THey dont think SF has much of a chance if Gore cant play. That was good to hear. I heard the interview also, but I cant remember anything important that you didnt cover.

4. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    my sirius right now is free for a year with my car, it expires in april... ill definitely be paying for it. really all of the shows are great on the nfl channel. the morning is okay, sometimes its hard to listen to shannon sharpe though... i loved when they had adam schein and soloman willcotts together a while back.. too bad they aren't anymore. Kirwin and Ryan are outstanding though. Their weekly interviews with marinelli all season too, are outstanding. they just put out a great show daily. I dont mind alot of the music stations either on sirius. when annoying people call in, or when people wanna talk about teams i cant stand, i turn if off to the music channels. i'll definately be subscribing when my year runs out.

5. ATLFINFAN

ATLFINFAN Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    I really liked Shein when I first got mine, they were on in the Kirwin spot. Schien has gotten a little big headed for me though. He cuts guys off to soon to give his opinions on everything. While its his show........he seems to come across to me as 'the only one that matters'. I want to hear what the callers from other teams think also. On Kirwins show, they try to TEACH the game of football. They dont like the normal.......what do you think our team will do this week.........kind of question. They talk about how certain coverages work, and how to beat certain formations, O and D. Best show, for me, on Sirius.

Sorry for the hijack.........I will leave it alone now.

6. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    We've waited for a coch like Sprano ever since Shula left here. This is a great head coach have here, and before this season we wre overdue to et an actual producive had coach.

7. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    I was suprised with the Hill comment too. I didn t' think he was much of a factor but good to hear he is.

Kirwin and ryan are great. And Game on on the drive home on hardcore sports radio is pretty good too for sports coverage, in a different way though, they are just funny when talking about sports.

SIrisu NFL is a great program, makes the fee you pay monthly seem worth so much value

ATLFINFAN likes this.