1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sparano on the hot seat (no way, really?)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Vertical Limit, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
  2. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    I've been trying to forget these last 2 weeks. So much promise in the offseason and I feel like its 2007 already.

3. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    So much promise? They were looking bad before the year even started.

4. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I think when Stephen Ross looks back at it, he'll realize his biggest gaffe was not firing Sparano the minute after that 38-7 loss to the Patriots last year. Yeah, he's made some dumb PR blunders, upset fans of the "U" with that stupid Tim Tebow/Florida Gators celebration, and overall, I think he's just weird having all these B-list celebrities hang around the club, but ultimately, his biggest, and most grievous mistake was retaining Tony. I do wonder though, if is next biggest mistake would be hiring Jon Gruden (which is tough for me as a fellow UD alum, I like the guy, but not sure I'd want him running my favorite team).

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Yea, I'm not so comfortable with John Gruden, either. Or Bill Cowher, for that matter.

siciliansith and Stitches like this.
  6. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    The beauty of the offseason is hope....blind foolish hope.

Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  7. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    After the pre-season the team did not look ready. They looked like they were practising and the effort didn't look like it was there. They did not look crisp at all. They are already in a desperate situation and if we start 0-3 I'm ready to talk coaching change.

8. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Let's count the number of teams that looked crisp after the preseason:

adamprez2003 likes this.
  9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    yup, they must beat Cleveland, personally I don't know how this coach has not instilled his practice habits onto his team during his tenure, I think he made a mistake by taking the advice of former players turned coaches who have told him to back off because of the lockout and the heat, he has said that he has done that this year relative to years past....He fu^%ed up...and his team better win the next 2 games..

10. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    I don't really like Henne, I've made it clear I don't think he's our franchise QB and we should not settle with him. But with that said, I think the guy is capable of keeping us average, lead us to 7-9 wins maximum, which is not actually a good thing for us the fans nor the Miami organization, but it's a very good thing for Sparano and Ireland (and only for them, horrible for us) as they are able to keep their jobs and get another chance with a 7-9 record.

But Sparano really has set himself up for a disaster. If Henne were to go down with any injury, we're done for the rest of the season AJ Feeley style. Moore isn't going to generate a single win for us. And that's Sparano's fault for not bringing a REAL quarterback to challenge Henne like he said he would. All the good teams have a decent backup. You know if Brady goes down they got two QB's behind him that is better than Moore, even the Jet's have backups that are better than Moore.

11. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Ross was thinking short term in not getting rid of Sparano; he was worried about to ticket sales. There will probably be several blackouts this year as it is, can you imagine him firing Sparano and then NOT landing a big name like Cowher or Harbaugh?

If the Dolphins don't make the playoffs, SparIreland are gone after the season. If we lose this week, Sparano may not make it past the Bye.

12. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    Honestly there is no excuse to lose against Cleveland. McCoy just came off a good game though and a very good win, read an article and those Brown's players and coach have this new sense of confidence after that win against Indy even though it wasn't against Manning they were still celebrating it. Like I said McCoy had a solid game, had a 92 rating I believe, was accurate. But I still think we have much more talent than they do. We SHOULD win, but the fact that Sparano is here doesn't make me feel confident that we will.

DolfanTom likes this.
  13. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Very funny King :)

I think we looked a lot less crisp than many other teams...

14. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Sure.... Lets start with the ones that ARE NOT 0-2. LOL.

gafinfan likes this.
  15. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    I have finally lost faith in them completely.
    Especially Ireland.
    While he does seem to manage a draft competently his management of the roster and free agent moves are questionable at best. This offseason was the kicker. Atrocious decisions.

Time to start over yet again.
    We are following the blue print of the old Lions before they corrected their ship.

16. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Jupiter, Fl.
    I would be shocked if Tony kept his job with a 7-9 record.

But I would not be shocked if Ross was stupid enough to fire Tony but keep Ireland.

17. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    When you made that move for Harbaugh you kind of had to fire the present coach. Having the guy sit around as a fall back option was just distasteful. If we felt like the team needed new direction we should have fired Sparano in the off season and searched for a new coach. Firing a coach mid season never seems to work out, I don't think our future coach is on this staff right now.

Rick 1966 likes this.