1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sparano shines at Day 2 of rookie camp

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, May 4, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    But there’s one rookie who’s been a major upgrade … head coach Tony Sparano.
    Sparano is a straight-shooter who offers a sense of what’s going on and what he thinks of his players.

What did he think of DE Phillip Merling, the team’s first second-round pick?

“Watching him I was impressed, yesterday going back through the film, watching his hands and watching some of his body language that way,” Sparano said. “He plays with a little more strength than maybe I thought, but all these guys need to find real strength right now.

“We need to get these guys in the offseason program and get them going that way.”

What does he see in third-round pick Kendall Langford, another DE?

“I see strength,” Sparano said. “I’ve seen strength at the point of attack and I saw a kid that moved his feet pretty well for a big guy.”

link to rest of story
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/...of_roo.html?cxntfid=blogs_inside_the_dolphins

2. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Not taking the papers long to anoint Sparano the next coming. Amazing how far a Parcells pedigree will get you in the NFL.