Sparano to be new Jets OC!

47 replies

FinNastyFinNastyStaffOP
Jan 11, 2012, 12:27 AM

Wow!

With Brian Schottenheimer stepping down from the Jets offensive coordinator job, it just so happens another candidate is lined up to replace him. Tomorrow.

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reports that Tony Sparano is expected to get the Jets coordinator job, with an announcement likely Wednesday. Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News confirms Sparano will be the team’s next coordinator.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/11/reports-tony-sparano-will-get-jets-coordinator-job/

Tin IndianTin IndianForum Veteran
Jan 11, 2012, 12:30 AM

I don't think they realize he is more conservative than Schotty.

Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.

Sethdaddy8Sethdaddy8Forum Veteran
Jan 11, 2012, 12:32 AM

Sparano is going down a slippery slope. taking the oC job with Sanchize? Is he TRYING to work his way back to D2 college ball?

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Jan 11, 2012, 12:35 AM

Irony, you are a hilariously cruel b*tch.

Not the I don't wish Sparano well personally, but how funny is that ****!? Made the offseason already.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

Larry LittleLarry LittleSupporter
Jan 11, 2012, 12:36 AM

I'd like to say 'good luck' to him, but he's a Jet now, so... I hope your wolf chokes, Tony.

The thing you have to remember about critics is that they can't do it themselves. - John Cleese

OzzyOzzyLuxury Box
Jan 11, 2012, 12:38 AM

5 Fist Pumps

http://images.thephins.com/signaturepics/sigpic83_3.gif

ToddsPhinsToddsPhinsNew Member
Jan 11, 2012, 12:45 AM

"Ozzy wrote:

5 Fist Pumps

It's now a Foot Pump, ya dingy.

I'd like to say we'll know NY's offensive tendencies & game plan........ but would it really matter? lol.

Jan 11, 2012, 12:47 AM

I'm with Larry here. I love Sparano and would have wished him well, but not on the Jets. Just can't do it. I do hope he eventually winds up somewhere else and has success though.

CallMeDaddyCallMeDaddyNew Member
Jan 11, 2012, 01:00 AM

[ATTACH:1468.vB]

dolfan32323dolfan32323New Member
Jan 11, 2012, 01:03 AM

This is a great move for the Phins!!!

Coral ReeferCoral ReeferNew Member
Jan 11, 2012, 01:20 AM

Tony will be pushing for a Field Goal kicker with their 1st round pick.

RIP Jetssuck

Coral ReeferCoral ReeferNew Member
Jan 11, 2012, 01:21 AM

"Rocky Raccoon wrote:

I'm with Larry here. I love Sparano and would have wished him well, but not on the Jets. Just can't do it. I do hope he eventually winds up somewhere else and has success though.

He's a NY guy.
It's in him.
He's probably in heaven.

Suck it Tony

RIP Jetssuck

Laces OutLaces OutNew Member
Jan 11, 2012, 01:34 AM

The AFC East just dodged a MAJOR bullet(IMHO)....the Jets were too stupid to promote Bill Callahan to their OC....so Dallas hired him as their OL coach.

CallMeDaddyCallMeDaddyNew Member
Jan 11, 2012, 01:50 AM

Jets fans reactions:

http://youtu.be/umDr0mPuyQc

dolphan197dolphan197New Member
Jan 11, 2012, 01:57 AM

"Coral Reefer wrote:

He's a NY guy.
It's in him.
He's probably in heaven.

Suck it Tony

He's from Connecticut

CallMeDaddyCallMeDaddyNew Member
Jan 11, 2012, 02:02 AM

"dolphan197 wrote:

He's from Connecticut

I think he means in the smelly, annoying sense.

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Jan 11, 2012, 02:10 AM

"CallMeDaddy wrote:

I think he means in the smelly, annoying sense.

That'd be Jersey.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

CalifinCalifinNew Member
Jan 11, 2012, 02:11 AM

Interesting move.
Outside of his former playcalling stint in Dallas, throughout his tenure in Miami, never really saw or heard anything from Sparano, to suggest he was much of an X's and O's type

SamphinSamphinNew Member
Jan 11, 2012, 02:19 AM

Sooooo, can we remove the "fist pumps" from this site yet?

MAFishFanMAFishFanForum Veteran
Jan 11, 2012, 02:20 AM

Bahahahahahaha.....BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...made my day...thank you Jets.

on Twitter @mpark14news

CallMeDaddyCallMeDaddyNew Member
Jan 11, 2012, 02:39 AM

"slickj101 wrote:

That'd be Jersey.

Well I thought he was talking about East Rutherford, where the Jets play.

edit- ah yes, your right. Read it wrong.

RoukRoukForum Veteran
Jan 11, 2012, 03:12 AM

This move makes sense imo sparano is already used to coaching a qb who cant throw for **** there going to run and kick fgs plus they get extra inside scoop on the dolphins next time we play them.

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Jan 11, 2012, 03:54 AM

Well, Manning won't be playing for the Jets. :sidelol:

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

dgb11112dgb11112New Member
Jan 11, 2012, 05:16 AM

Field Goals all around, courtsey of the new jets OC! lol!

SargeZ33SargeZ33New Member
Jan 11, 2012, 05:24 AM

Well, to be honest guys I would cast any stones at Tony yet. We have a 3 ring circus here running our franchise. And it looks like even coordinators are staying away from our head coaching job. Sparano might well be beter than anything we end up getting in here. Sad to say, but we have to wish for the owner to pass away or sell before we can hang our heads high again.