1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

special teams

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Ohio Fanatic, Nov 27, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    First my preface: I wasn't that upset that we lost last night. We had a chance, didn't come through, but in a game conditions like that, it's almost a toss up. I was happy that our defense was playing it's heart out, and our offensive (RBs) are so decimated that we are playing as well as can be expected.

Now my real issue: Why do we keep playing Brandon Fields. This guy might be the worst punter I've ever seen in Dolphins uniform. He's costing us tons of yards in the battle for field position every single week. Why not bring in a old punter off the streets and demote Fields to the practice squad until he can learn to stop shanking the ball. And yes, I realize it was wet conditions, but his punts looked the same as they always do.

2. nenothtu

nenothtu New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    What I want to know is where's the blocking on the punt returns?? Ginn almost never has a chance to return a punt because the defenders have always blown past the blockers and are just waiting for him to catch the ball.

3. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA

No kidding. I'm losing a big wager to a guy that works in my laboratory. He's big Bears fan. I wagered that Ginn Jr would have more overall TD's by the end of the year, based on the fact that Ginn would have some receiving TDs. While Ginn has arguably as good return-talent, he ALWAYS has to call the fair catch because the damn flyers are sitting there waiting to kill him, while Devin Hester gets lot more room to breathe.