Speed gives Smith problems against Florida; Iglesias shows instincts

13 replies

JOjoeydolfanSupporterOP
Dec 12, 2008, 08:07 AM

Alabama LOT Andre Smith vs. Florida MLB Brandon Spikes

Oklahoma WR Juaquin Iglesias vs. Missouri's pass defense

Virginia Tech LOG Nick Marshman vs. Boston College RDT B.J. Raji

ESPN - Film Report: Alabama OT Andre Smith struggles; Oklahoma WR Juaquin Iglesias impresses

Some nice breakdowns on a few players that have been bounced around as potential picks for us in next years draft except for Smith. Looks like the scouts are seeing a few of the same problems Smith has that Boomer and Con have discussed in length.

I really like the breakdown on Raji and think he will be a monster on the next level.

ConuficusConuficusLuxury Box
Dec 12, 2008, 10:01 AM

"joeydolfan wrote:

ESPN - Film Report: Alabama OT Andre Smith struggles; Oklahoma WR Juaquin Iglesias impresses

Some nice breakdowns on a few players that have been bounced around as potential picks for us in next years draft except for Smith. Looks like the scouts are seeing a few of the same problems Smith has that Boomer and Con have discussed in length.

I really like the breakdown on Raji and think he will be a monster on the next level.

Thank you for the compliment. I wouldn't put too much in a my squirrel ass finding a nut now and then though. Boom on the other hand is the sage at this stuff.

JOjoeydolfanSupporter
Dec 12, 2008, 10:12 AM

"Conuficus wrote:

Thank you for the compliment. I wouldn't put too much in a my squirrel ass finding a nut now and then though. Boom on the other hand is the sage at this stuff.

We shall see what happens at the combine but right now Smith is becoming a likely candidate to fall on draft day ala Brady Quinn. There are an awful lot of good OTs coming out next year to choose from.

ConuficusConuficusLuxury Box
Dec 12, 2008, 10:16 AM

Agreed.

BoomerBoomerLuxury Box
Dec 12, 2008, 10:16 AM

"Conuficus wrote:

Thank you for the compliment. I wouldn't put too much in a my squirrel ass finding a nut now and then though. Boom on the other hand is the sage at this stuff.

Sarcasm is bannable.

I am the sweat not the swagger.

ConuficusConuficusLuxury Box
Dec 12, 2008, 10:25 AM

:ban:

JOjoeydolfanSupporter
Dec 12, 2008, 10:44 AM

I know CK has mentioned it before, what is your take on Brandon Spikes projecting to OLB in the NFL?

ConuficusConuficusLuxury Box
Dec 12, 2008, 10:48 AM

"joeydolfan wrote:

I know CK has mentioned it before, what is your take on Brandon Spikes projecting to OLB in the NFL?

Honestly, I haven't seen him enough to make any statements about him. I will soon though.

BoomerBoomerLuxury Box
Dec 12, 2008, 12:49 PM

"joeydolfan wrote:

I know CK has mentioned it before, what is your take on Brandon Spikes projecting to OLB in the NFL?

Given what we saw on Saturday and given what Chis thinks, I wouldn't be surprised. He looks a little mechanical at times for me and he can look a little like a ferry turning when he tries to change directions, but I'd have to see more of him out there to really judge. I think he's a good MLB, but not great and I have some issues with his game.

I am the sweat not the swagger.

ALalen1New Member
Dec 12, 2008, 11:34 PM

"joeydolfan wrote:

ESPN - Film Report: Alabama OT Andre Smith struggles; Oklahoma WR Juaquin Iglesias impresses

Some nice breakdowns on a few players that have been bounced around as potential picks for us in next years draft except for Smith. Looks like the scouts are seeing a few of the same problems Smith has that Boomer and Con have discussed in length.

I really like the breakdown on Raji and think he will be a monster on the next level.

Iglesias was very impressive against Oklahoma State. I was keying in on Gresham on tape but Iglesias was just popping off the screen with his domination of Jacob Lacey. By my count, 7 straight plays he beat Lacey.

Dec 12, 2008, 11:48 PM

Iglesias definitely playing himself out of one of our 2nd round selections, which is where I had been hoping Miami would grab him.

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

ALalen1New Member
Dec 12, 2008, 11:49 PM

I agree.

Dec 12, 2008, 11:53 PM

On the other hand, if Hakeem Nicks comes out...he might actually land at one of our 2nd rounders.

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

BoomerBoomerLuxury Box
Dec 13, 2008, 06:04 AM

Looks like Kenny Britt is coming out and Derrick Williams is that versatile playmaker that the coaches look for. Nicks is so impressive after the catch that he'd be nigh on impossible to pass up if he got to us.

There are a lot of impressive juniors - Haywood-Bey, Harvin, Eric Decker, etc., along with the redshirt sophomores Crabtree and Maclin and the obvious seniors in Iglesias and the aforementioned Williams that a really good talent could drop to us. Given the remarkable propensity of possibilities at DE/OLB that are going to almost certainly fall, it would make sense.

I am the sweat not the swagger.