1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sporting News Today Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Striking, Mar 9, 2010.

1. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Which WRs in this draft would you say are already polished enough they could contribute significantly as a rookie? IMO, Dez needs as much polishing as Bay-Bay.

For plug and play guys, I may be tempted to say Damian Williams.

2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I got Dez bryant doin some damage in the NFL in his first year, simply a beast of a player...Suh..Berry, Mccoy, Dez, CJ...absolute blue chip football players imo.

His off field issues are outta context at this point, we'll be lucky if he is even an option.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  3. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    :lol: :lol:

4. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I think Dez will make an impact b/c of his ability to make plays in space and score in the redzone. Thomas is used to getting the ball downfield as you know...... which isn't gonna happen in the NFL the same.

Dez on the other hand was used at Ok St the way we could use him early on: short to intermediate routes- just get him the ball and let him do his thing & rack up the yac.... just like San Fran did with Crab. So I agree with you that they both need a lot of polishing but I also feel that the style of play Dez is used to will translate to earlier production in the NFL.

IMO Golden will have the most significant rookie season.

If he's healed, Eric Decker could have a decent impact. I still like Taylor Price a lot. The kid I'm stuck on in the mid rounds is David Gettis...... not sure why he's not getting more love. Andre Roberts could probably plug and play (although he's a waste here IMO). I'm up in the air on Williams, but you've seen a lot more of him out west through your bifocals than I have. :tongue2:

I'm not a fan of this WR draft at all.

djphinfan likes this.
  5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    When I watch D thompson take a quick hitch behind the line of scrimmage, stiff arm his way all the way down the field punkin chumps along the way, it makes me feel better about the class...I know your not a big fan of his roughness around the edges, but that dude is a man, man. If he drops to our 2nd, iam on him like Mr. C on a senior citizens blue plate special at Denny's.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  6. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I think Dez has a much greater shot at making an impact earlier. I like Williams quite a bit, but he's coming from an option offense. Bryant didn't play in a pro style offense either in the spread, but I would imagine his route tree is significantly larger than Thomas'. He also has the return factor. He could be a return man in the NFL from day 1.