1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports Buzz • Wildcat break loose against Jets?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CrunchTime, Sep 25, 2010.

1. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    • Last season's matchup with the Jets here produced one of the signature games for Miami's Wildcat (along with the 2009 Colts game and 2008 coming-out party against New England). But since that Jets' visit last October, the Wildcat's production has diminished -- something Miami hopes changes Sunday and beyond.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/09/25/1842286/will-subdued-wildcat-break-loose.html#ixzz10bGV4wng

There is some trash talking too from our players which are worth reading including this.

Yeremiah Bell, on the Jets' boasting: ``Before the season, they were already anointing themselves champs. We let people talk. Talk is cheap.'' Tony McDaniel found it ``totally hilarious'' that Antonio Cromartie called the Jets the Miami Heat of the NFL. ``How could they possibly think that?'' McDaniel said, adding the Jets' boasting ``motivates other teams.''

There is more .Take a look :yes:

CaribPhin and Ozzy like this.
  2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I think it should be used heavily in every game but that's me...If we want to control the clock and play that game, Ronnie in the cat is a must, we need the ball in his hands..

I see it in this game...I hope its a heavier dose than usual.

3. mustang20241

mustang20241 New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    I love the miami heat quote. Not sure what he was going with there because the Heat have already won multiple championships with those signings. Obviously hard work, chemistry, and dedication will be needed for that to happen but its not like its not going to. People crown the Heat paper champs because they are and will be future NBA champions. The NBA is not like the NFL. You can pretty much predict whats going to happen and only a handful of teams will be there at the end.

The Jets are not like the Heat in any way at all. I think hes going with the 'hate' factor but since the Jets arent an elite force, they also again are not like the heat. Everyone hates the heat because they will be elite, they hate the jets because they talk smack. I don't see Wade, James, or Bosh running their mouths.

Honestly I hope we see something tricky out of the cat. Otherwise I don't see it doing much damage. I think we run better out of standard formations.

4. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    we dont need anything tricky, just pound them in the wildcat...it worked well last week in limited action...

Am I the only freakin one around here that respects the player's skillset out of the formation?..

people have been eating crow for 2 years, I hope it continues.

siciliansith likes this.
  5. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I think we will use it about the same amount of times we did last week against the Vikings. I don't think it should be used every series...you want to make it unpredictable for them. I would love to love see Ronnie roll to the left on a Wildcat run and then stop and heave a long throw down the field to Marshall. Ronnie has a pretty good lefty arm and they would not be looking for it.

6. frags

frags New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Boston, MA...
    Concerning the wildcat, I argue this to death with Patriots and Jests fans, or anyone for that matter, all the time...and my opinion on the formation is this: Everyone calls it a gimmick/joke, but the reality is, and I agree with you DJ, that we run it better than every other team because of the skillset of our RBs, but more importantly the makeup of our Offensive Lineman. There is nothing gimmicky about having tough as nails OL wanting to drive you into the ground up and down the field to open holes for the guys behind them. It all goes back to what BP wants in players; Richie Incognito exemplifies what we want on the line. I loved that signing from the minute I heard about it.

djphinfan likes this.
  7. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    people will get it eventually, the formation specific athlete is in its infancy stages of evolving...Denard Robinson, and Mark ingram amongst other's in college, and ones in high school, will continue in the process of stepping on the toes of those who continue to be blind to it's simplicity, physicality, and effectiveness.

8. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    i think we will come up with a new thing for this game. maybe Henne will throw the ball straight up in the air, then we'll put every jet player on their ***, one of our players will then catch the ball and run in for the Touch Down! They shall call it "The Wolf Pack Play".

9. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    I'm starting not to like it anymore as I feel we have the talent and weapons to use the WC only rarely now.The game against Minny showed me that it stalled drives when we had something going and took Henne off the field. Meaning being, we mostly become one dimensional imo.

I watched Rutgers play NC yesterday and RU did the same thing ALL DAY. Every time something good was working they changed it up(to their Wild Knight) and got no where fast. Worse part about it is the stubbornness of the coaches after the half. It hardly worked when they used it so they came out and used it more while the other team got better at defending it. :pity:

I don't want any Dolphins coach to try and shove something down my throat when I know it's not working.