1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports Buzz - Draft pundits suggest the first pick for the Dolphins

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by CrunchTime, Apr 19, 2013.

1. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/

See what the other pundits have to say .None of the pundits suggested taking Tyler Eifert or Tavon Austin .

ssmiami and Da 'Fins like this.
  2. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    I like Hayden but would trade out of 12.

As many needs as there are (DE, CB, OT, OG, OLB, DT, WR still, S) I'd want to trade down maybe a couple of times into the low 20's and get as many 2nd / 3rd rounders as possible and still think we could draft Hayden there. I'd esp. want to do so if we landed Albert in a trade - to give us another 2nd.

Multiple picks are key.

Also, I like Fluker, but he has too many liabilities in pass pro, imo, to draft him at 12 (or for him to go in the top 10 as Mayock thinks). I think he holds better value at 18-20 and beyond.

3. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    I prefer Watson, but Fluker is one heck of a RT imo, maybe a target if we trade down. I watched a lot of film of DEs going up against Fluker, and from what I saw he pretty much handled all of them. A beast in the run game and pretty solid in pass pro, this guy is a really good RT.

4. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    In a power man scheme he would be great. In a zone scheme, I think his lack of movement skills would render him a below average tackle. The guy cannot move his feet at all.

5. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    He's not the nimblest of guys, but from what I saw he was effective in pass pro. Not the best fit I agree, and again I prefer Watson, but Fluker is a darned good player imo.

Here's some film- you can see the lack of quickness at :22 and elsewhere, he's just not the most agile player. Again, if I'm going RT early then Watson is my guy. If we go LT I was impressed with David Bakhtiari.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6eoZdR-ZTQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEwGbfY8rQ8

You're on the mark, Fluker would be better in a power scheme.

6. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    There are a lot of quick DEs in the NFL who play on Fluker's side (some of the quickest pass rushers in the past few years attacked from there - including Wake and Freeney) - Fluker's inability to move his feet quickly would make it tough for him there which is why I think his value is lower in round 1. He does have incredible arms (his wing span is 86 inches!) and he's very strong and powerful. And, well-coached and a hard worker as best I can tell from watching him here in AL.

Watson does seem like a better fit in our scheme with better agility.