1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports Buzz-Veterans say rookies Carroll, Misi impressing

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CrunchTime, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Spring, TX
    That and Vick was one of the fastest and most agile players in the league (White is not).

jetssuck likes this.
  2. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville

Ok and who is White replacing?.........Ricky?

Not on White's best day should that ever happen.....

Until White proves he can be a legitimate running threat, he's useless in the WC...... there's not a RB nor WR on the team that I would remove for Pat White.

IMO, this dream you guys have for Pat White is comprised mostly of wishful thinking........ you're projecting him to be something he just isn't. And most likely will never be..... a threat from behind the LOS.

3. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Pat White doesn't appear to be any kind of a threat in the WC.... he's not an upgrade to any player that currently lines up in that formation.

And so do we....... and I think it's highly questionable to continue building a package around a guy that they obviously over rated and mis-judged in their projection for him.

The Jets were also trying to keep the ball out of Sanchez's hands and again, what does the WC have to do with Pat White? That's NOT his package....

I would have grabbed Golden Tate..... other than that, I can live with where we are at WR. TE? No idea why we stood pat..... and I'm more concerned with what Marshall brings to the base offense than whether or not he can help elevate White's game. I just don't see a high enough ceiling there to even bother.

4. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    It's too late to do this but it would have been a fun exercise for people to name 10 guys that will get ink in mini camps and 10 guys who will get ink in training camp.

Before mini camps and OTAs and whatnot, I think I would have guessed that Nolan Carroll would impress in this venue. But training camp will be the real test to see if he's grown since the last games I saw of him.

5. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    I've learned over the years to not get too excited over anyones performance, and the associated hype, in OTA's and camp. I'll reserve my excitement for the rookies till at least the 2nd Pre-Season game.

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Incremently yes, it creates many more options for a defense to think about, which creates more room for ronnie to make decisions, it is a way where if Brandon Marshall is on the field, the secondary has to play wildcat defense differently, which again, creates more room for Ronnie.

Mos definitley replace henne with White any time your gonna have the QB on the field, Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean he can't make the throw that could be required from that position.

I would agree with you about you thinking that it's "wishful thinking" on our part..It's wishful thinking because I have my own opinion on the magnitude and affects it could have throughout the team if executed...You have a base bias..lol.

jetssuck likes this.
  7. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Dammit I have to agree with this....:lol:

Run first and set up the play action

djphinfan and jetssuck like this.
  8. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville

JS's Base Offense Bandwagon 1

Pads n DJ's MildPat Bandwagon 0

:shifty:

Killerphins and djphinfan like this.
  9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    lol.

uhhh, I got nothin..........mildpat, lol.

jetssuck and padre31 like this.
  10. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    :evil:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9jHa-y24hM"]YouTube- Bugs Bunny - This Means War[/ame]

jetssuck likes this.
  11. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    i am looking forward to seeing Odrick - who i've promoted all along take over the RE.

i am looking forward to seeing Starks move back to NT (he's played NT/DT in our schemes before) and prove to be a penetrating disruptor ....

i am looking forward to seeing Misi perform at least average at SOLB. i think we can get by with that ... anything more is a bonus.

i am looking forward to Wake improving his pass rushing ability to become a significant force on passing downs ... anything more is a bonus - but that we'll surely need.

i am looking forward to seeing Clemons step up and take the FS job, after getting a year to learn ...

i am looking forward to seeing Haynos become a contributor on offense, as he too got a year to develop.

i am looking forward to Henne decreasing his blunders trying to make things happen ... he just won't have to do that this year - with the OL, running game, and improved WR corps.

i am looking forward to seeing Dansby show us how we have wanted the ILB position to be played for more than a decade .... since Big John left.

i am looking forward to seeing Marshall show us what a dominant WR really is ....

i would like to see Donald Thomas step up his game ... but i think we are good to go no matter who are starting Gs end up being. Our OL should be top 5 all the way around this year.