1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

St. Paul Pioneer Press: Tebow at #20?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jdang307, Dec 29, 2008.

1. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
  2. RealDriscoll

RealDriscoll Banned

Jan 9, 2008
    Sucks for Vikings fans. Tebow is a hell of a kid, great college player, but unless they are going to use him as a gimmick player it makes no sense. Especially b/c Pat White is a better gimmick player period

3. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    Quite clearly the Vikings are going to ride Tavaris Jackson for at least next season. They need help in places other than at QB.

4. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    All the better to give Tebow a year to adjust to the NFL. It's difficult to have good mechanics when you are consistently asked to look for running opportunities- he quickly goes from perpendicular to the LOS to parallel to it. All the talk regarding his mechanics, IMO, is one of the most overblown things that I've ever read on this site. I like Graham Harrell quite a bit and could see the Vikes taking him in rds 2-4, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they or the Jets took Tebow in round one.

5. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    No-one is taking Tim Tebow in round one.

Least of all Brad Childress. Please lets not go there again. A guy who runs a gadget spread offense is all of a sudden going to be turned into a disciplined WCO QB? Alex Smith was a much better fundamental QB at Utah under Urban Meyer's spread and still couldn't play in the WCO.

6. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    No, I don't want to go there again. On top of that Tavaris Jackson has actually stepped it up and produced- good for him. I'm still curious re: Tebow as to what the GBN guy's thought process is having Tebow go in the 1st- obviously I agree with him, but I'd like to read his fleshed out argument.