1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stadium Remodel Begins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Please explain by what you mean comparable Stringer? I have sit in that section so many times..there is nothing compatible to sitting at the 45, 26 rows up behind the Dolphin's bench in the shade. That is now smack dab in the middle of the living room. You have this section now...they say it is from 30 to 30 yard line 28 rows up....how many seats were removed? More than a few and imho, there are no comparable seats...how would you like it if you have had tickets on the 45 since inception and you now have lost your seat?
    ?

2. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

There are still single game tickets available but not many. I was referring to the new luxury seating as being sold out. You can check it out at

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Miami-Dolphins-tickets/artist/805964

Fin4Ever likes this.
  3. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    You have to be careful with that crowd though, because generally (applying stereotype here) they don't care enough about the game and/or actually making a difference as a fan. They're likely there as a day out, more of a social event rather than there as a passionate team fan, or as a business outing.

I live in Toronto. The Toronto Maple Leafs have been bad for the last 10 years or so. Every game is 'sold out', there is a double digit YEAR waiting list for seasons tickets, and is one of the most expensive franchises to go watch and play - platinum tickets are $270 ea. regular season game! Why? All the corporations bought out the seats. They fill them with execs, doctors, lawyers, etc. that are there to take out clients, wine and dine prospects, etc. After the beginning of each period, after the intermission, the lower bowl is laughably empty for the beginning part of the period because these guys are in their platinum lounges drinking cognac and smoking a stogy, chilling in their exclusive platinum or even more exclusive chairman lounges. It is absolutely terrible for the crowd atmosphere and we're known to have a pretty quiet, boring crowd as a result.

Couple examples of what you'll see at the start of each period. And, they don't always fill up as the period goes on.
    [​IMG]

Suits vs. Jerseys (lower bowl vs. upper bowl)
    [​IMG]
    http://www.torontolife.com/informer...lan-to-get-real-fans-into-the-platinum-seats/
    Even our CEO knows acknowledged something had to be done....in 2013. Things haven't changed.

Bay Street is Toronto's version of Wall Street
    [​IMG]

I'm not saying this will be the case, but I'm with DJ on this one. Who cares if Ross can sell those seats out? The crowd density is lower where you need it most and may create a more casual environment as a whole.

MikeHoncho, djphinfan and Fin4Ever like this.
  4. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Where did you see this? Not sure its taking up that much space. Either way, I'd think that extending the seats closer to the field would help with this.

5. Fin4Ever

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    You see that big gap in the stands with no aqua? That is where I saw it

6. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    Don't think all of those are living room seats.

7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    you don't know what a drunk fan will do, its not just you being in a comfortable seat, that is not what this layout is, theres more and its not a good look to have in the heart of your lower bowl people standing and socializing, fiddling around on their couches with their personal tv's..

that section is going to be a real eyesore for this place and its gonna drag down the energy of the atmosphere, and because its such a visual display of wealth and the location of it, it may cause some strife in the building..the bottom line is its just a bad idea.

8. Fin4Ever

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    WADR...Yes sir..they are..they will have sofa's as well as have the big cushy seats with TV's at every seat..this area is the Living room.

9. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    Not the entire space that you're talking about. Btw the 30-40, yes. Not between the 40s though.

10. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    When was the last time you have been to sofla? Visual displays of wealth are what the area thrives on.

I'm not sure what you mean by it not being a good look. Would you rather look at people fiddling around on their phones in the lower bowl? What about empty seats?

11. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Vomited a little inside my mouth.

12. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Not unwarranted. Toronto Maple Leafs are strikingly similar, and can be considered the Miami Dolphins of the NHL IMO. Rest on the glory of past championships from decades ago, can't make playoffs, a very good fan base with religious-like following, a terrible live crowd, renewed optimism every year, etc. If these new stadium upgrades create the same effect that's here in TO.....we're all doomed.

At least there was color TV the last time Miami won a championship though. :)

Fin4Ever likes this.
  13. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Your not following the narrative of this conversation..this area does not belong in the heart of the lower bowl of a football stadium..it's going to distract in many ways, I'm sure you've looked at the pics and videos, it's literally a Huge chunk right in the middle, something like this has never been done and I would love to say it's groundbreaking in a positive way but it does nothing but detract from the objective of creating a better home field advantage..I think you should go back and look closely at these photos and the amount of space in the section that has no seats..it's looks like a sort of gathering area for a whole section of the lower bowl...this is a ridiculous concept design Imo and will eventually backfire..you simply don't have people sitting on couches in the middle of the fire so to speak.

14. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007

Ok so we can see this type of section has had a negative affect on a venue from what Tone is describing, now imagine it being worse because this section is a lot more extravagant than what's happening at maple leaf gardens.

15. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    It's not a section for us, it is the entire first 10 +/- rows of the entire lower bowl, so I don't think Miami will be as impacted as our hockey arena. Either way, I hope all these new seating arrangements and options throughout the entire stadium don't impact the culture. Although I applaud the forward thinking of Ross and Garfinkel, its my opinion that they should've left the luxury stuff up at the boxes, and the corners since those are lower end seats anyway that can benefit from personal TVs and private menus, servers, etc. to make them more attractive.

The we're all doomed comment was with a hint of sarcasm, but no one will deny our crowd atmosphere is below par because of the affordability, corporate monopoly, and other things i mentioned.

16. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    oh it's def going to have the same impact..like you said they should of remodeled the club suites and left it as that, but now they are doing something that's really going to have a negative impact on the overall game experience for the fans and the team, but it will be fun for those few hundred and their little kids running around..so cute..

17. Fin4Ever

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    May I suggest going to the Miami Dolphins website, and up on the banner..far right click on Stadium and review the seating, it will show you Stringer.....I am sorry, I am on my cell phone or I would post the link.

18. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    The living room seats are only two sections worth, which look to be between the 30s and 40s on the home side. In the middle of that, and on the opposite side of the field, those are just the new club style seats; not the living room seats.

19. Fin4Ever

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Between the 30's and 40's Cushy seats with TV's...from 40-40...living room suites. This is on the South (home) side only that I am referring to.

20. Fin4Ever

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Thank's Ronin, I am only referring to the home(south) side. Keep in mind...I remember $5 seats at the Orange Bowl. At the playoff game with San Diego, my wife and I sat at the 20 Dolphin's side for $20. I wish my salary climbed at the % that the seats have and I could at least sit club level. However, if you are born and raised down here and work here it is slow going..make allot more in other places.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    Unlucky 13 likes this.
  21. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    The cost of attending games in person has exploded, no doubt. I remember watching a piece on ESPN years ago about how just between 1990-2000, the average ticket about tripled.

Fin4Ever likes this.
  22. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    I don't think you're following the narrative. Regular seats in the lower bowl will not fill up. You can either choose rich people in couches or empty seats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

23. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
  24. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    thats a terrible point imo..id rather have regular seating so in those instances where its filled or big games we have the advantage energy wise and it looks right, theres no argument that with the new capacity at 65,000 there a better chance of those seats being filled, and with those sections being moved 20 feet closer, better energy..theres missing seats because of the amount of space its taking up that would otherwise be there..

The section is gonna stand out like a sore thumb for all the wrong reasons..

25. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    this has nothing to do with what were talking about..they already have their stadium built, their just adding more rows closer to the field..they didn't take two large sections of their lower bowl and turn them into fluff, couches, tv's and leg room, the original is not changing, and i guarantee you they would never go for it, or even think about such a dumb idea.

26. smahtaz

27. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

28. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    lol...I wonder if they recline..If they don't you can always sprawl out on the couch and take nap......ridiculous.

29. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    wrong, your not seeing the living room section in those photos, there is 18 living room set ups with tv's that will be just above those seats on each 30 yard line of one side..their called living room boxes, they have like a love seat style seat that has a hump divider in between the seats, then in front its enclosed in wood interior with built in tv's.

smahtaz likes this.
  30. smahtaz

The seats you're talking about are in the end zones.

[​IMG]

Edit: You're correct.

Here's a look.

[​IMG]

31. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    No Taz.

These living room boxes are in the lower bowl...a 4 person box taking up a lot of square footage..

32. smahtaz

Here's a look from behind. It looks like normal seating between the forty yard lines and the big seats between the thirty and forty. The living rooms are behind them.

[​IMG]

33. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    Those are barely noticeable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

34. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Living rooms are all already sold out I believe.

35. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    My point being, is that I think there's a lot of hyperbole about how bad these "living room" seats will be. I don' think it'll matter. Look at every baseball stadium in the MLB. Look at the floor seats at every NBA arena. The die-hards aren't who sit down low. I don't think it's going to affect the rest of the crowd, especially in Miami. If the team is doing well and winning games, I don't think it's going to matter that you've got people with larger wallets sitting in these club areas; the crowd will still be in it.

Miami just hasn't been a consistent winner since 2000, and we've been stuck in absolute neutral since the fluke of 2008. Once the on-field product is up to par with playoff teams (remains to be seen), and those seats are unfilled, then you've got a problem. But I doubt that's going to be the case once Miami is a regular playoff contender.

36. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    ok, we disagree, there is no stadium in football that has a full section in their lower bowl with this kind of esthetic and convenience for the rich fans, the other side has a whole section as well with bigger seats and leg room...i think its gonna be a bad look, you don't, all good..what no'one can deny is the space both sections are taking up when we could of had many more sets fit into the most important part of the stadium..

Ross is gonna get his wish, the Super Bowl committee and suits will love their new seats when they come to town..

37. PhinFan1968

I wouldn't call the 50 the most important part of the stadium...RZ to EZ, ya.

Either way...how many actual seat spots are lost because of the addition of the good seats? There's still a lot of seats there. It's not enough to really make a difference IMO.

Edit: I'm talking about the cushy seats on the 50...if you're talking about the 4 in the endzone, ya that's an important part of the field...but there's not much lost there Deej.

38. PhinFan1968

Well, speaking for myself, I have very poor circulation, have had it my whole life (lower extremities go numb after 10 minutes in those normal seats), and I'd be MUCH better off on those seats compared to the other ones.

Only went to 2 baseball games because of that...sucks. I think those seats are great.

39. PhinFan1968

Ahhhh just looked at the other pictures...are you talking about the white seats down below the stands behind the endzone? Ya...that's kind of a goofy look. The anti-Lambeau-Leap seats.

40. Fin4Ever

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    I've gone to allot of games and the lower bowl is usually 85-100% full depending on who we are playing...and South side lower bowl was always..always full as those seats are all in the shade.FWIW.