Stadium Remodel Begins
1714 replies
"Unlucky 13 wrote:
What am I looking for in that pic, DJ? I don't notice anything interesting.
the openness of this living room section right smack dab in the middle of the action..I just have a bad feeling about it..I think its distracting.

Honest to God believed the initial reports of Living Room seating at the ballpark was just a sick joke on the part of management.
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
"djphinfan wrote:
the openness of this living room section right smack dab in the middle of the action..I just have a bad feeling about it..I think its distracting.
I understand that this section also has their own exclusive club at field level, and they can go down on the field at anytime...grrrr
"lmeister3 wrote:
Honest to God believed the initial reports of Living Room seating at the ballpark was just a sick joke on the part of management.
it cant be what it means literally,tell me their not gonna have couches and sh&& and people standing? {I thought it meant there just gonna have lots of room and cushy seats.
if this the case, theres gonna be real issues between common folk and rich folk in a football stadium that runs on emotion, especially when common folk and rich folk will be drunk folk.

They are supposed to have couches...and cush seats.
"Fin4Ever wrote:
They are supposed to have couches...and cush seats.
no..no way man, no way they have fu*&in couches..

Yes they do..I saw on the video they put out
your right i just looked thru the videos, they have shots of the couches behind some of the rows, where theres like families with kids with their backs to the action and kids running around..{imagine that in the middle of the lower bowl}
this is a fu&&in joke..
and i hope no'one gets hurt..but if that does happen, someone takes a beer bottle to the head, then I hope their dumb asses get sued.

"djphinfan wrote:
your right i just looked thru the videos, they have shots of the couches behind some of the rows, where theres like families with kids with their backs to the action and kids running around..{imagine that in the middle of the lower bowl}
this is a fu&&in joke..
and i hope no'one gets hurt..but if that does happen, someone takes a beer bottle to the head, then I hope their dumb asses get sued.
I'm actually hoping this happens now.
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
I will definitely sit in the living room area if I ever go to a game. Not sure why anyone is against comfortable seating.
“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”
Lol...never seen anything like it that is what live sporting events are becoming...hangouts for the well to do crowd..but they are my phins and I want to see how loud it gets.
"djphinfan wrote:
your right i just looked thru the videos, they have shots of the couches behind some of the rows, where theres like families with kids with their backs to the action and kids running around..{imagine that in the middle of the lower bowl}
this is a fu&&in joke..
and i hope no'one gets hurt..but if that does happen, someone takes a beer bottle to the head, then I hope their dumb asses get sued.
Where would be an acceptable area for families with kids to be? Would you prefer them to be in the upper level, where most of the noise is being generated?
“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”
"Stringer Bell wrote:
I will definitely sit in the living room area if I ever go to a game. Not sure why anyone is against comfortable seating.
You can't sit in the living room unless you have 35,000 a year to spend...plus you still have to buy game tickets.
"Stringer Bell wrote:
I will definitely sit in the living room area if I ever go to a game. Not sure why anyone is against comfortable seating.
awww thats so cute Stringer that you and your guests are comfy and cozy in your seats..have fun, make sure you have some eyes in the back of your head.

"Stringer Bell wrote:
Where would be an acceptable area for families with kids to be? Would you prefer them to be in the upper level, where most of the noise is being generated?
what would be acceptable?, is that a serious question?, how bout since they've been doing it for 80 years, in a row, all next to each other..

"lmeister3 wrote:
I'm actually hoping this happens now.
it just shows me that there is a huge misunderstanding, a complete lack of common sense as it relates to the experience..
the look at me crowd is asking for trouble.

"Stringer Bell wrote:
I will definitely sit in the living room area if I ever go to a game. Not sure why anyone is against comfortable seating.
I've been in the skybox. It's great! AC and open windows, catered, open bar, multiple TVs with the Dolphin game and other games, comfortable seats, etc. It's awesome, but I don't think its a great look down at field level. I imagine there will be a ton of TV shots where the stadium looks empty due to a late arriving crowd or people in the lounge/club area inside. I think it will rob the players of that energy from the crowd and be anything but intimidating to opponents like the OB was. I don't see this as a great decision.

"rafael wrote:
I've been in the skybox. It's great! AC and open windows, catered, open bar, multiple TVs with the Dolphin game and other games, comfortable seats, etc. It's awesome, but I don't think its a great look down at field level. I imagine there will be a ton of TV shots where the stadium looks empty due to a late arriving crowd or people in the lounge/club area inside. I think it will rob the players of that energy from the crowd and be anything but intimidating to opponents like the OB was. I don't see this as a great decision.
no problem at all for club bxzes where they're supposed to be, but trying to pull this off where they are putting it, is a disservice to the game, its a gross take on wealth..and I'm pretty sure its not gonna be a good look in more ways than one.

"Stringer Bell wrote:
I will definitely sit in the living room area if I ever go to a game. Not sure why anyone is against comfortable seating.
Sure beats having to drag your donut to the game. :tongue2:
Can't wait for the turf to go in, its gonna have such a fresh new look. This just might be me but, it's gonna look like a college stadium this season, until the new screens and canopy go up.



"Fin4Ever wrote:
You can't sit in the living room unless you have 35,000 a year to spend...plus you still have to buy game tickets.
Ross is tossing upwards of 400 large into this project. It appears his staff has found a market that is currently untapped and willing to pay crazy money to participate. From what I've read the seats are sold out. I hope I know one of the people that purchased seats.
It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. ~ John Wooden
Yeah,me too..I am glad they are sold out. It must be nice to have that kind of money. they are sold out. It must be nice to have that kind of money.
"smahtaz wrote:
Ross is tossing upwards of 400 large into this project. It appears his staff has found a market that is currently untapped and willing to pay crazy money to participate. From what I've read the seats are sold out. I hope I know one of the people that purchased seats.
yeah I heard that too, scares me though, and does absolutely nothing to help our team.
and thats the main point I try to convey with the concept of building a venue to intimidating specs...build the stadium to help the team and the fans will come, not the other way around, none of these suits get it.

"jason8er wrote:
Can't wait for the turf to go in, its gonna have such a fresh new look. This just might be me but, it's gonna look like a college stadium this season, until the new screens and canopy go up.
I'm curious to see if there will be anything temporary but cool this season to "close the gaps", both literally and figuratively, until its complete in 2016. Signage/banners/ect. Other teams have done some cool things in that situation to pretty up the field in the mean time.
They should have put the "Living Rooms" in the upper level corners whey they are putting in hangout spots...I hope someone can convince Ross to get rid of them next year and put in Stadium seating..they can even make them plush seating. I wonder who sold this idea to him in the first place and I don't see why the NFL will like this type of seating for the Super Bowl.