Stadium Remodel Begins
1714 replies
"PhinFan1968 wrote:
Man...if I lived there, I'd have season tickets in those bad boys. Nice.
I wish I could because I would love too except I cannot afford 8,000 for the privilege to sit there, plus you still have to buy season tickets. But I am still very thankful for the upgraded stadium and next year when the roof goes up...sweet...And Stringer, I don't care if people are rich or poor as long as they are Dolfans cause I can get along with anybody.
"Stringer Bell wrote:
Those are barely noticeable.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Turning a small area of the lower bowl into 1st class seating should increase their income significantly. If reports are true, most of this seating is sold out. I think the concept is brilliant.
It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. ~ John Wooden
"PhinFan1968 wrote:
I wouldn't call the 50 the most important part of the stadium...RZ to EZ, ya.
Either way...how many actual seat spots are lost because of the addition of the good seats? There's still a lot of seats there. It's not enough to really make a difference IMO.
Edit: I'm talking about the cushy seats on the 50...if you're talking about the 4 in the endzone, ya that's an important part of the field...but there's not much lost there Deej.
I'm not talking about the damn end zone 68...im talking abut the whole section in the middle of the lower bowl from the 30 to the 30...you have rows of big cushy seats and living room boxes in that section, all in the lower bowl, all in the middle of the action..

"smahtaz wrote:
Turning a small area of the lower bowl into 1st class seating should increase their income significantly. If reports are true, most of this seating is sold out. I think the concept is brilliant.
We'll see how brilliant you think it is come game time.

"smahtaz wrote:
Turning a small area of the lower bowl into 1st class seating should increase their income significantly. If reports are true, most of this seating is sold out. I think the concept is brilliant.
It will be very helpful if it can help keep the other tickets at a reasonable price. It will, hopefully, help to allow more diehards to be able to afford tickets and keep the stadium rocking...
Get dirty, get bloody, get sweaty...
...get happy.
-Cam Wake
"djphinfan wrote:
We'll see how brilliant you think it is come game time.
I spoke with my friend who works in sales for the fins, and he said all those living room sections are sold out. Yeah, it sucks for most people because they are prime seats out of our price range but from a business perspective it makes sense because of all that revenue.

"djphinfan wrote:
We'll see how brilliant you think it is come game time.
It won't make any difference except to those that are way too overly obsessed about it.
"Killer Bees wrote:
I spoke with my friend who works in sales for the fins, and he said all those living room sections are sold out. Yeah, it sucks for most people because they are prime seats out of our price range but from a business perspective it makes sense because of all that revenue.
i never disagreed that they could make money from it..

"VanDolPhan wrote:
It won't make any difference except to those that are way too overly obsessed about it.
I disagree, its not gonna be a good look for the team or its reputation or the end result.

"VanDolPhan wrote:
It won't make any difference except to those that are way too overly obsessed about it.
I don't think you have to be obsessed to be bothered by the TV coverage that constantly paints our fanbase as band-wagoners or highlights how empty our stadium looks. That perception is fueled by the panning camera shoots of an empty stadium due to late arrivals or ticket holders hanging out in a club underneath the stadium. My fear is that a large section so close to the field will perpetuate that perception. Such a perception hurts our team.

"rafael wrote:
I don't think you have to be obsessed to be bothered by the TV coverage that constantly paints our fanbase as band-wagoners or highlights how empty our stadium looks. That perception is fueled by the panning camera shoots of an empty stadium due to late arrivals or ticket holders hanging out in a club underneath the stadium. My fear is that a large section so close to the field will perpetuate that perception. Such a perception hurts our team.
Isn't it only on one side of the field? Is that the side the broadcast shows?
“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”
"Stringer Bell wrote:
Isn't it only on one side of the field? Is that the side the broadcast shows?
My understanding is that it's just one side of the field, but usually the broadcast will pan the whole stadium before and early on in games. That's when I notice how empty it tends to look (I thought the orange seats made it look worse than it was) and it's really noticeable when the lower bowl is empty.

"PhinFan1968 wrote:
Ahhhh just looked at the other pictures...are you talking about the white seats down below the stands behind the endzone? Ya...that's kind of a goofy look. The anti-Lambeau-Leap seats.
Those seats are called the Dolphin Lap seats... as in... the cheerleaders come over and give you lap dances... :shifty:
Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!
"rafael wrote:
I don't think you have to be obsessed to be bothered by the TV coverage that constantly paints our fanbase as band-wagoners or highlights how empty our stadium looks. That perception is fueled by the panning camera shoots of an empty stadium due to late arrivals or ticket holders hanging out in a club underneath the stadium. My fear is that a large section so close to the field will perpetuate that perception. Such a perception hurts our team.
yessir...people who tell me I'm obsessed or don't know what I'm talking about haven't a clue because they don't look at the situation as deeply as I have done..Im not bragging about that it was just my nature decades ago to start looking closer at home field advantages and why, and what determines them, how it is all achieved and the positive and negative impacts on team performance and culture..Honestly Rafs, all my theories have proven correct, and the two examples I have that prove all my theories, is the move from the orange bowl to sunlife, and Century Links infrastructure.

"Stringer Bell wrote:
Isn't it only on one side of the field? Is that the side the broadcast shows?
on the other side, same section, will have bigger seats with more legroom.just no living room boxes.

https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/status/618464517475819520

I know I'm ordering a couple of the seat backs for myself, only $20 a piece plus shipping ($35)..
unless you live in the area, says you can pick them up at Sun Life Stadium on Saturday, July 18th.
no historic moments in sun life, seats have no value except for a hanging piece..which I sure as hell wouldn't want to be reminded of...orange bowl different story.

"djphinfan wrote:
no historic moments in sun life, seats have no value except for a hanging piece..which I sure as hell wouldn't want to be reminded of...orange bowl different story.
Marlins won a world series there :shifty:
Both their titles happened while the franchise was in the building lol
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
"lmeister3 wrote:
Marlins won a world series there :shifty:
Both their titles happened while the franchise was in the building lol
duly noted.
you couldn't give me a piece of that place if it was for free...

"lmeister3 wrote:
Marlins won a world series there :shifty:
Both their titles happened while the franchise was in the building lol
If you mean they played their games there yes, but they won the 03 WS in Yankee stadium. Will never forget it!!!!! Becket tags out Posada!!!!
Co-Host of the Welcome to Perfectville Podcast

While conceding that the team had a grand total of zero great seasons while playing in the stadium (which is an unusual accomplishment for a nearly 30 year period), I would still be interested in some pieces if I had the money and space. Its been the stadium of the team that I love for as long as I've really been a fan. Even if your time in a home wasn't as good as you would have liked it to be, it was still your home for nearly three decades.
"Unlucky 13 wrote:
While conceding that the team had a grand total of zero great seasons while playing in the stadium (which is an unusual accomplishment for a nearly 30 year period), I would still be interested in some pieces if I had the money and space. Its been the stadium of the team that I love for as long as I've really been a fan. Even if your time in a home wasn't as good as you would have liked it to be, it was still your home for nearly three decades.
that sounds nice, and I can respect your pov, but personally I wouldn't want any reminders of what horrible venue it truly is..

"djphinfan wrote:
We'll see how brilliant you think it is come game time.
These guys have pretty much sold out the lower bowl 2 months before the season starts. Not bad for a .500 team.
http://www.ticketmaster.com/Miami-Dolphins-tickets/artist/805964?tm_link=seo_bc_name
I think whether or not people show up and roar has more to do with team performance than the venue.
It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. ~ John Wooden
"smahtaz wrote:
These guys have pretty much sold out the lower bowl 2 months before the season starts. Not bad for a .500 team.
http://www.ticketmaster.com/Miami-Dolphins-tickets/artist/805964?tm_link=seo_bc_name
I think whether or not people show up and roar has more to do with team performance than the venue.
I don't want to get into this with you because based on your statement you do not know my stance or my theories, and i like you to much.

"smahtaz wrote:
These guys have pretty much sold out the lower bowl 2 months before the season starts. Not bad for a .500 team.
http://www.ticketmaster.com/Miami-Dolphins-tickets/artist/805964?tm_link=seo_bc_name
I think whether or not people show up and roar has more to do with team performance than the venue.
Ticket prices have skyrockted... Wow, the remaining seats for most games are super expensive.