Stadium Remodel Begins
1714 replies
"djphinfan wrote:
catch some winks, have a few cocktails, discuss some mergers, just kick back and relax...
its a moronic idea as far as the football team goes..its great for the pockets.
It was a straight up business decision. Can't blame ross for spending more money to make more money.
"Coloradotrv wrote:
It was a straight up business decision. Can't blame ross for spending more money to make more money.
I understand why he did it, money, but I don't think it was the right move for the team and fans, we'll see..

"djphinfan wrote:
whats up with all that concrete in front of the first row?
Wondered about that. I wonder if they will let fans walk into their seats from field level. It looks like that's what they will do - with the stairs in front. But, also may create an illusion that the lower seats are close to the field than they really are.

"Da 'Fins wrote:
Wondered about that. I wonder if they will let fans walk into their seats from field level. It looks like that's what they will do - with the stairs in front. But, also may create an illusion that the lower seats are close to the field than they really are.
its gonna be crazy to see any type of structural change inside a stadium that we've known every inch for 3 decades..

"Da 'Fins wrote:
Wondered about that. I wonder if they will let fans walk into their seats from field level. It looks like that's what they will do - with the stairs in front. But, also may create an illusion that the lower seats are close to the field than they really are.
on the website it says "Introducing the North Sideline Club, which offers wider, padded seats located between the 30-yard lines. Some of these seats will be in the sun, depending on the time of year, but fortunately North Sideline Club Members have access to a private air-conditioned club below their seats. The club is designed by the Rockwell Group and will be a perfect location for spending time with family and friends pre-game, in-game, and post-game."
Based on the renderings and the quote I think that concrete is probably going to be how they access the sideline tunnels that lead to the club. By doing this those poor schlubs won't have to walk up to the mid level concourse just to head back down to field level to enter the club. This is similar to the setups at the newer NBA arenas.
SICK;944668 wrote:
that and.....the city of jacksonville sucks.
"djphinfan wrote:
lol...i can see it now, folks actually reclined back, and the camera getting some good close ups of that action..while the action on the field is going on...wow.
Or a young couple with the recliner back totally not into the game,but each other and the camera zooming in.:lol:
"djphinfan wrote:
catch some winks, have a few cocktails, discuss some mergers, just kick back and relax...
its a moronic idea as far as the football team goes..its great for the pockets.
:lol:..... I can picture in my mind Bruce Willis saying that.Lol.
"djphinfan wrote:
lol...are those leather seats..lol...good luck sittin in those during the rain...section will be empty as hell for this year anyways.
with all this humidity and rain that happens during hurricane season, i can´t imagine these things aren´t water proof , they will be rotten after one week if they are not
I get that they're competing with the living room experience, but I'm not sure they should. Reality is that it's never going to be as comfortable for me as my own home, no matter who many recliners they add. On the other hand, if I'm somebody who loves the excitement of being at the game then my living room will never compete either. I think my focus would be on the maximizing the elements that I can never replicate at home rather than trying to replicate the home environment.

"Fin4Ever wrote:
Or a young couple with the recliner back totally not into the game,but each other and the camera zooming in.:lol:
Wait, do I get free reign on my imagination on this, or is it just PG13?
Free reign...lol
Figured this is part of the renovation so I'd throw it here, lol.
Got my seat back yesterday... Happy to own a piece of Dolphins' history.

"rafael wrote:
I get that they're competing with the living room experience, but I'm not sure they should. Reality is that it's never going to be as comfortable for me as my own home, no matter who many recliners they add. On the other hand, if I'm somebody who loves the excitement of being at the game then my living room will never compete either. I think my focus would be on the maximizing the elements that I can never replicate at home rather than trying to replicate the home environment.
This all makes sense to me. But then again, I'm not in the market for a $75K seat to 7 football games.
It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. ~ John Wooden
"djphinfan wrote:
lol...are those leather seats..lol...good luck sittin in those during the rain...section will be empty as hell for this year anyways.
Uh. you really think they would put leather seats there? Really?
DJ, that is called Marine Vinyl. Same material installed on Boat seats. Boats don't get wet so.......
@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/
"Alex13 wrote:
with all this humidity and rain that happens during hurricane season, i can´t imagine these things aren´t water proof , they will be rotten after one week if they are not
Read my post above. This technology has been with us for almost 30 years.
@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/
"54Fins wrote:
Figured this is part of the renovation so I'd throw it here, lol.
Got my seat back yesterday... Happy to own a piece of Dolphins' history.
Can you still smell the beer farts?
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
"rafael wrote:
While I like the appearance of the inside I believe they were constrained by some of the poor decisions in the original design. Robbie wanted to make a stadium that accommodated football, baseball and soccer. The fields are wider and/or larger for baseball and soccer so that necessitated putting the fans further away during football games. IMO that made a stadium that was not great for any of the sports. Also the angle of the sides of the stadium put the fans even further away. Those two factors made the stadium for football purposes far less intimate, less exciting or energizing, less intimidating to opponents. It is more comfortable than the orange bowl was, but they also gave up the things that made Orange Bowl great. They tried to solve part of the problem by adding more seats closer to the field. And I'm hoping the roof makes it louder. (I would love to hear that they had some acoustic expert involved in that roof design). But without a tear down they couldn't change the angle. I think they knew that which is why they tried to get funding for a new stadium first. I think they probably did the best they could with what they had to work with. It is a very comfortable place to watch a game. I don't live in S. FL anymore, but I've watched approximately 20 or so Dolphin games at that stadium over the years. And I've been to maybe a half a dozen other stadiums. I haven't been to any of the newest ones, but compared to the other older ones I've been to, Dolphin stadium is easily the most comfortable, but also the least exciting. I'm hoping the improvements can bring some of that excitement back.
They did have acoustic experts involved in the roof design.
“We did a lot of sound studies,”?Garfinkel said. “One of the goals was to try to make it as loud as we can. So we wanted the acoustics to keep the sound in the stadium as opposed to absorb the sound. With the roof canopy, it actually bounces the sound back down. It will be a very loud environment in here when the fans are loud. And that was important. I don’t know that we can ever duplicate or replicate the environment at the Orange Bowl. The Orange Bowl was a unique, special place, but certainly to try to make this as intimate and loud as we can was something we took a very hard look at.”
http://www.sunlifestadium.com/news/ross-commitment-to-south-florida-evident-in-stadium-modernization
"We actually did significant acoustic studies on the design," said Garfinkel. "The studies are incredible. The crowd noise is actually going to increase in the new stadium. The way roof has been designed, it actually keeps the crowd noise in and it's actually going to get louder."
http://www.foxsports.com/florida/story/miami-dolphins-sun-life-stadium-renovations-022415
The roof really could be a game changer. I like most of the other changes, and I was able to upgrade my seats, which was very nice too, but it's the roof that I expect to have the greatest impact (in 2016 and beyond).
:bighug: Toonie Luvs Ya
"rafael wrote:
I get that they're competing with the living room experience, but I'm not sure they should. Reality is that it's never going to be as comfortable for me as my own home, no matter who many recliners they add. On the other hand, if I'm somebody who loves the excitement of being at the game then my living room will never compete either. I think my focus would be on the maximizing the elements that I can never replicate at home rather than trying to replicate the home environment.
They should try to accommodate as many people as possible. The living room experience is not going to significantly detract from the other experiences.
One of my biggest problems with going to live games is that I basically end up watching 2 games on Sunday. The best football experience for me is watching 10 1pm games at once. That hasn't been replicated to this point in the stadium, and I'm glad it is now.
“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”
"Stringer Bell wrote:
They should try to accommodate as many people as possible. The living room experience is not going to significantly detract from the other experiences.
One of my biggest problems with going to live games is that I basically end up watching 2 games on Sunday. The best football experience for me is watching 10 1pm games at once. That hasn't been replicated to this point in the stadium, and I'm glad it is now.
That's a great point.
I've read that the same access will be available in the corners of the upper deck.
It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. ~ John Wooden
I'm sure they went top of the line fabric with those reclining chairs. PVC coated, UV resistant, fire ******ant, etc... With all that, someone is going to be taking very good care of those seats and I would think they stay covered this next year when not in use. The canopy will help immensely and was probably a big factor in creating that seating option.

Apparently, I got TOSed for insulting a bunch of seats that can withstand cigarette burns.
Fire ******ant
Fire ******ant
Fire ******ant
Fire ******ant
Fire ******ant
Fire ******ant
Fire ******ant
Fire ******ant
:tongue2:

"rafael wrote:
I get that they're competing with the living room experience, but I'm not sure they should. Reality is that it's never going to be as comfortable for me as my own home, no matter who many recliners they add. On the other hand, if I'm somebody who loves the excitement of being at the game then my living room will never compete either. I think my focus would be on the maximizing the elements that I can never replicate at home rather than trying to replicate the home environment.
of course but these are monkeys making monetary decisions Rafs, they have no clue what we really want, it's a shame because it's fu##in obvious to anyone who isn't a homer and understands what makes a real home field advantage

"Section126 wrote:
Uh. you really think they would put leather seats there? Really?
DJ, that is called Marine Vinyl. Same material installed on Boat seats. Boats don't get wet so.......
lol , yeah your right, they ain't that stupid, stupid enough to move forward with the concept though

"Fineas wrote:
They did have acoustic experts involved in the roof design.
http://www.sunlifestadium.com/news/ross-commitment-to-south-florida-evident-in-stadium-modernization
http://www.foxsports.com/florida/story/miami-dolphins-sun-life-stadium-renovations-022415
The roof really could be a game changer. I like most of the other changes, and I was able to upgrade my seats, which was very nice too, but it's the roof that I expect to have the greatest impact (in 2016 and beyond).
, "bringing the seats closer to the field and having it feel intimate like a football stadium and not like a multi-use stadium". I remember having an argument with ozzy telling me he had no idea wtf I was talking about when I kept saying the word intimate lol..... It's all right there in that article and justifies a lot of what I've been saying on these boards for a decade , it's good to know they tried and took certain measures and I understand there is only so much lipstick you can put on that pig, but you just can't do this living room thing and tell me you really understand.
