1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Sgt. John Beale comes home.

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by gafinfan, Jun 29, 2009.

1. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Staff Sgt. John Beal. What words I could add would only takeaway from the message of this show of respect to one of our own. It is fairly long.

http://blip.tv/file/2246058/

2. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

I have been a part of too many of those.

Thanks for sharing. Is that from your area of Georgia?

gafinfan likes this.
  3. gafinfan

No it's from the Northern part, outside of Atlanta, and I heard from my cousin that the turnout was overwhelming. When I saw the video I just had to post. Broke my heart, it seems that the older I get the more this effects me and brings back things I'd thought I'd moved on from long ago. So sad yet so very moving.

Thanks.

Ohiophinphan likes this.
  4. Ohiophinphan

Just proof, we never get "over" anything. We just learn better ways of dealing with stuff. Sometimes though, the old wounds still jump up and bite us! Best wishes.

gafinfan likes this.
  5. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    God bless you brother and thanks for sharing.

As for the emotional aspect, I think it just goes to show that we get smarter as time goes on.....

gafinfan likes this.
  6. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Wow....

It's a terrible tradgedy to have lost any of our soldiers.

Having said that, that video helped restore a wee bit of my hope in the human race.

Good to see people will still rally around and show up to pay respects to real hero's.

People being so caught up in TMZ type stuff where people seem to care about worthless issues and tacky tidbits of private lives.

All the talk is about news of John and Kate plus 8 reality stars getting a divorce...... who the hell cares!

The world stops spinning when a singer like Michael Jackson dies but true heros seem to be brushed off as uninteresting stories. It's pathetic.

The turnout for this real person who sacrificed his life for our country's defense is heartwarming.

gafinfan likes this.
  7. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    like this post...

gafinfan likes this.
  8. Ohiophinphan

One of the things I've noticied in taking part in services like this one is that you can think Ronald Reagan was the greatest president or a monumental failure, you can declare Jesus special love for veterans or declare Jesus hates the violence that passes for solutions and STILL each of us stand out on the street and pay respect for a person, an American, who paid the ultimate price for each of us.

gafinfan and BigDogsHunt like this.
  9. USArmyFinFan

USArmyFinFan Maximum Effort

Mar 23, 2008
    Houston Texas
    Thank you so much for sharing this, GA, you might never know how much watching this video help restore a part of me that I felt was slightly lost. I renewal of my faith in the people of this Country.

gafinfan likes this.
  10. gafinfan

I know just how you feel. As a side note I've since found out that Staff Sgt. Beale's youngest Brother is in management for the Company I retired from. The Owner and several others went to his funeral and I was told the Church had about 2000 there for Sgt. Beale. What a wonderful statement to this man's courage and sacrifice. God bless him and his family.

USArmyFinFan likes this.