1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stat I saw on social media.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin-Omenal, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    He has shown he has the ability to improve. He does go from a very poor touchdown to interception ratio to an OK touchdown to interception ratio. He improves his QB rating 5 points, something Henne didn't do during his two years at starter. Who I am honestly sick of seeing comparisons with, because Tannehill is already better.

He may not be "special", however last year he was the 2nd best part of the offense. I am giving first to Charles Clay for having a really good season.

Tannehill wasn't stagnant his first two seasons. There is little reason to believe that he will be the same next season. Will he improve a little or a lot is the main question I have for him.

Unlucky 13 and cuchulainn like this.
  2. Even if I agreed that he was 2nd best. It still would not be saying much. The offense was nothing to brag about.

I do agree however that there is room to be hopeful that he will continue to grow into the position.

3. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    I've mentioned like a million times that there is a lot I like about Tanne. I won't do it again. Too lazy, I'm still in his cotner but yes, to the OP's point, there are several aspects of his game that need to improve and yes, this is the year to show those improvements.

He needs to show better pocket presence in sensing the pressure.
    He needs to show more nimble movement within the pocket. He needs to find that Marinoesque ability to take those couple steps up to avoid the pressure, He needs to better sense the pressure.
    He needs to have better accuracy, timing and anticipation on the deep balls.
    He needs to trust his legs. If nothing develops quick enough, he needs to see the gap and take off.
    He really needs to scan the field a lot better post snap.

Of course we can blame a lot on the atrocious OL, but not everything, After Martin and Cogs went out and Mckinnie, etc came in, there were actually times when he had good time, but still didn't completely deliver. Those last couple of games were completely on him, imo.

I still have a lot of hope for him, but yes, of course he's going to have to show improvements this year. Of course. Most definitely.

djphinfan, gunn34 and Fin-Omenal like this.
  4. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    All fact. Well said.

Sceeto likes this.
  5. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    How does one do even half of those things efficiently with less than 2 seconds to throw the ball on like 50% of snaps? I mean i agree the kid needs to improve but its going to be hard to see exactly we have in him before this next season

Fin D likes this.
  6. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Because, as I previously mentioned, there were times when he did, in fact, have time and he did not deliver. I addressed these points in the previous post. You said you agree that he does need to improve, so let's just leave it there. Have to go out now. Peace.

7. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Don't all QBs?

8. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    If only the ratio of "had time but didnt deliver" vs "no time to even blink" wasnt like 1:10 or more.

9. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

So a corps can only be great if EVERYONE is great?

10. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Yea, exactly what I mean.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

11. Other than his durability and his unshakable confidence. He has not shown himself to be great at anything. I'm not sure what the problem is with saying so.

12. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    C'mon. Of course bro, but usually the good ones in those situations deliver more than not and he has as well at times, but he needs to do a better job in doing so. He needs to more often than not. I'm not gong to be made out to be anti-Tanne or a Tanne hater or whatever because I'm certainly not, but I'm not going to pretend like he does no wrong and that there aren't areas where he can improve upon. That's what the thread is about. I've mentioned many many a time the many aspects which I really like about Tanne and his game, but I'm not going to act like there isn't anything about his game which needs improvement and I'm one of the biggest homers out there. I'm still in his corner, but the aspects I listed, he certainly needs to improve. No doubt and I have hope and a belief that he will. I'm very excited to see what this new OC can do for him. These issues and debates don't need to be so polarized. I'm just being realistic.