1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stop Freaking Out

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Moves, Nov 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Moves

Moves Well-Known Member

May 7, 2010
    Whatever has already happened is done with, lets concentrate on winning out. We have 1 more loss to play around with but it can not be against a division rival. Lets look at this like we should be, one game at a time.

Titans. Lets get this 2nd half started off right, and at home. :up:

12-4 is still possible. Think that way, please.

and don't forget...

2008 Miami Dolphins Schedule
    1 - Sun, Sep 7 - NY Jets - L (14-20)
    2 - Sun, Sep 14 - at Arizona - L (10-31)
    3 - Sun, Sep 21 - at New England - W (38-13)
    4 - BYE WEEK
    5 - Sun, Oct 5 - San Diego - W (17-10)
    6 - Sun, Oct 12 - at Houston - L (28-29)
    7 - Sun, Oct 19 - Baltimore - L (13-27)
    8 - Sun, Oct 26 - Buffalo - W (25-16)
    9 - Sun, Nov 2 - at Denver - W (26-17)
    10 - Sun, Nov 9 - Seattle - W (21-19)
    11 - Sun, Nov 16 - Oakland - W (17-15)

12 - Sun, Nov 23 - New England - L (28-48)
    13 - Sun, Nov 30 - at St. Louis - W (16-12)
    14 - Sun, Dec 7 - at Buffalo - W (16-3)
    15 - Sun, Dec 14 - San Francisco - W (14-9)
    16 - Sun, Dec 21 - at Kansas City - W (38-31)
    17 - Sun, Dec 28 - at NY Jets - W (24-17)

2. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    The season is still salvageable to an extent if things all fall our way.
    However winning out would take a miracle and is as close as you can get to impossible.

3. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    then let's do the ****ing impossible.

4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    its not over....till we ****ing say its over......the nfl wont know who ****ING HIT THEM!!!!!!!!

:evil:

5. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Just because I am realistic enough to see the truth doesn't mean I am freaking out. It is obvious that the Dolphins are nothing but a mediocre team. Half way through the season they are playing 500 football. I suspect that once the Dolphins have played all 16 games. They will still end up around 500 for the season. As a long time Dolphins fan I will continue to root for them. Yet I just don't see the players and coaching staff of the Dolphins being able to salvage this season. As the saying goes. "You are what your record says you are". What the Dolphins record this year and last year clearly shows is that the Dolphins are not very good. Especially when they play the top teams in the NFL.

6. Moves

Moves Well-Known Member

May 7, 2010
    agreed. but if this season is already "lost"...no reason to banter about it being so. let it play out.

7. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Ratings for the most cynical and fickle fanbase in the NFL just watched Miami take the lead lest anyone thought we slipped down from the top spot lately.:lol::lol::lol:

8. Dansar

Dansar Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Bermuda
    Finally a thread that makes sense!!!

Well Done

dolfan7171 likes this.
  9. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Thanks, I needed the laugh Lucky. :up:

10. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, what surprises me is Dolfans are writing the team off, before the NFL has, we have not been eliminated from anything, why quit now?

CaribPhin, HULKFish and Moves like this.
  11. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Does that apply to writing off players???? hmmmm?:lol::lol::lol:

CaribPhin and SICK like this.
  12. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Nope, some players should be written off due to performance.

I'm looking at you right in the eyes Chad Henne...:yes:

13. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    and Malcom Jenkins....u guys see that last night?.....:pity:

padre31 likes this.
  14. Garryowen

Garryowen New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Nothing we say or do is going to change anything in regards to the teams performance.

15. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    If only it worked this way with Fans!:wink2::up::lol:

16. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Let's just say he knows where his car is parked in the Cowboys parking lot, and he has plane tickets home with Jan 4th dates on them..:D

Buckle your seatbelts fellas,

Wanna know how fast we can be 6-4?

10 days from now.

Sunday and Thursday games this week, win those and we are in the mix, lose both, the season is on life support, split and we are still in the race, but even further on the outside depending on which one we win and which one we lose.

Sunday is a massively important game, win it, and home teams on Thursday Night Football have a 90% winning percentage..so things can change that fast..:hi5:

CaribPhin and finyank13 like this.
  17. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    I haven't totally written them off, I just would be shocked if we finished 11-5. In 2008, none of those teams after we started 4-4 had anything close to a winning record except the Patriots and Jets. Dolphins do have a chance to beat a 1st place team on Sunday, then follow that up against a team they should beat in the Bears at home in primetime to get to 6-4. A loss to the Titans though, would send the Dolphins to 2-5 in the AFC, and 0-5 against the best teams in the AFC. Sunday is do or die.

I'll keep watching and cheering and hoping, but the Dolphins are now in must win territory.

18. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    I dont think it is out of the realm of possibility to roll the next 3, now you are looking at 7-4....I will take that...

19. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Is what it is, if we want to massively increase our chances of making the playoffs, Henne should be benched, Pennington started down the stretch.

Same thing happened to Elway, he was sat by at 2-3 by Broncos Coach Dan Reeves, Steve Deberg who led them to a wildcard playoff birth at 9-7.

Whatever happened to that Reeves guy?

:wink2:

20. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Heart attack I think!:lol:

21. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Unfortunately, we don't have the AFC West & NFC West to bail us out this year. But we are a young team, our nucleus is young, talented, and under contract. We jettisoned all of our bad contracts (Grove,Wilson,Smiley,Porter,Ginn) and replaced them with bargain talent (Berger,Clemons,Incognito,Wake,Hartline) without much of a drop in production, if any. We added Dansby & Marshall, and with the above cost cutting, and the release of Will Allen, we'll be able to sign a couple more FA's this off season.

Speed and play making ability need to be added, especially on offense. This off season will be when we finally have the luxury of drafting guys like McCluster or Aaron Hernandez. The crop of potential FA WRs is huge, Vincent Jackson, Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Randy Moss, Brad Smith, Steve Smith, Sidney Rice, Mike Sims Walker, Malcolm Floyd, James Jones, Jacoby Jones, Brad smith & more. Deangelo Williams, Jamaal Charles & Darren Sproles are explosive FA RBs who we'd probably have to trade for, but Ronnie is a pretty good bargaining chip. No way the Jets resign Cromartie, the Bengals may or may not keep Jon Joseph. Lamar Woodley, David Harris & Shawne Merriman are all in contract years. Or maybe we go after Logan Mankins, robbing NE of their top OL while making our OL the top unit in the league.

Point is, we are in a good situation right now, but you kind of have to take your eye out of the periscope and look around in order to see it. The current FO inherited a roster with little youth and little talent, and they've changed that around completely. Making the playoffs this year is probably a bridge too far, but that doesn't change the fact that with just a few more additions we can be serious contenders for the next 4-6 years. The Jets cant keep that team together past this year, Brady & Manning can't play forever, and the Bills are the Bills. If not us, then who? IMO we'll be kicking those guys' asses for the next ten years & we'll look back and laugh at days/weeks like this.

ncdolfan likes this.
  22. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    That is why I'm not ledge climbing, granted in 08 we won those games, in 09 we lost them, we do not know what 10 holds for us.

Which is kinda the point of being a fan.:up:

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  23. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Im not there yet Padre.

I want to see what Chad Henne does with another OC before I think he cant do it. I F'n hate the way he is being used and coached.

I really....really hate to say this because I have been so convinced this wasnt the case. But in THIS offense....Chad Pennington may be the better answer. And at this point...Im so sick of being mediocre that I say let him play. Sit Henne the rest of this year.....send Henning to the glue factory and find a damn OC who will develop an offense around Henne...not force him into an offense that isnt his strong point.

24. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    And I'm speaking of the NOW, we need wins, Henne is not helping, if Elway can be benched so the Broncos could make a playoff run, so can Henne.:wink2:

25. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    and one of the rare home teams that lost?? the carolina panthers last year against the miami dolphins :up:

padre31 likes this.
  26. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

YUP...I posted this in another thread and I agree.

I argued and argued and argued against this....and I believe I can see I was wrong. In THIS offense....Chad Pennington very well should be given a chance to see if he can spark us to some wins. Im really beginning to believe that keeping Henne in THIS OFFENSE is doing more harm then good.

And Im really starting to get pissed at Sparano for not making a change at OC. Im sick of playing scared and being the best team NOT TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

27. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    We have a chance to be special
    [​IMG]

28. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Collinsworth called him ot too: "Do you have the heart? Are you still playing all the way through? Watch Mike Jenkins back off this tackle at the end. About as close as you can get to just spitting in Wade Phillips’ face. You’ve gotta play the game. You’ve gotta go make that hit. You never know, that ball could come out of there. Not good enough.” Cris Colinsworth.

YouTube - Cornerback Mike Jenkins punks out

Did I mention he's a repeat offender: YouTube - Mike Jenkins-The reason girls cant play football

When our players start doing that then it's time to get after the coaches. Till then, all I hear is a bunch of crying :cry:.

29. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Yep, which is why I think Henne should be benched, but only because Opportunity is right there for the Dolphins..I mean..right THERE waiting to be put into a choke hold.

We win this Sunday, life becomes better for Dolfans, my one real worry:

The Dolphins Organization has called for a Aqua Out, they want every fan to wear their Aqua jerseys, problem is the larger the deal that is made, the worse the teams performance, sad but true.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO ATTEND THE GAME DO NOT WEAR AQUA!!!!!!!!!!!!

30. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Chad Henne is 10X better at playing QB than you are at analyzing QB play or football in general, Mr. Dmitri Tsoumpas will start at G this year.

Reality is we have two credible receiving threats in Bess and Marshall, neither of whom stretch the field. Good passing offenses have at least 3, great offenses usually have 4 if not 5. Compounding the problem, we're married to the idea of the max protect. We send only 3 guys out into the pattern an awful lot, but we're rarely blitzed b/c teams have us figured out. Despite the fact that we max protect a lot, we still rely on 5 step drops for the most part. Not only do we not send many receivers out, we don't give them much time to work down field and attack the integrity of the coverage schemes either. And then we complain about not getting any "chunk yards". Do the math. 3 receivers vs 7 defenders, teams can triple Marshall, double Bess, single Hartline, and still have a robber guarding any in breaking routes. I don't care who your QB is, or how much time he has to throw, you're not going to have much success throwing the ball when your receivers are constantly outnumbered 7:3 in the secondary. We won't know how good Henne can be until he's given some more weapons, decent field position/an occasional turnover, and a strategy that allows our offense to, you know, attack the defense.

Speaking of attack, I can't go into a single thread without hearing some factless/uneducated rant about how Henne this or Henne that, when it's quite obvious that most of those making the claims lack any more than a very basic understanding of the game. I don't hear anything about reads, drops, progressions, protections, route combination, coverages etc. All I hear is a bunch of crap with a few stats/anecdotes mixed in. (Dan Reeves, Really?) I'm not a Henne apologist, he has a long way to go IMO. But I won't just sit around and let people troll the board trashing him & not say anything to refute the garbage. Rant over...:tongue2:

Moves likes this.
  31. Miguel

Miguel The smartest Man on earth

BIIIIG diffrence.

In 2008 We had a Leader and a GOOD Qb under center.