1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange Two Days

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, Nov 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    On Sunday, I was so excited to be playing a meaningful football game, only to be kicked in the stomach by the Patriots.

On Monday, I went to the Saints game in the Superdome. The Saints have been my second favorite team for about 10 years now (although a distant second). Fun to see the Saints win, but the whole time I was thinking about how we passed on Drew Brees twice.

Just wanted to vent a bit.

2. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Yeah brees is a monster. But remember his success with the Saints does not guarantee he would have had success with us. He probably would have, but our past management may have missued him.

Good on Brees, he's doing great things for the Saints franchise and the city.

3. n9necount

n9necount New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Brees is a good player and a class act. Of course I don't want to see anyone break Dan's records, but if it's going to be anyone I'd rather have him do it than Brady or Favre.

4. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Strange that Dan's season could be broken by both Brees AND Warner. Never thought I'd see it.

5. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Even if they do, Dan's season will carry more weight with those who truly know the game and the impact that the rule changes regarding the contact a defensive player can or I should say can't make with a receiver.

The NFL will continue to become a game where Marino-esque numbers will become more and more common place.

But Marino did it in a day and age where he really had to work for it. This isn't to take anything away from Brees or Warner. But Dan Marino would already be at 5,000 yards at this point in the season playing in today's NFL.

USArmyFinFan and Colorado Dolfan like this.
  6. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I don't have any 2nd favorite teams myself, but it is nice to see the Saints doing pretty well after all the things New Orleans has had to deal with with Katrina and the really lousy years of the Saints.

7. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I didn't like Brees coming out. I thought he was Jay Fiedler 2.0. Rick Spielman wanted him but Wanny overruled and reached for Fletcher, even though Rick had him rated a 3rd rounder.

His first three years weren't very good. And the Chargers were so convinced he was a franchise QB that they spent the #4 overall pick on Philip Rivers.

Talk about a guy who came on strong.....

If he can average 302 yards the next 5 games, he's got the record. And in a league where defensive pass interference is a 6-4 receiver pushing a 5-11 DB and then vaulting himself using the DB's shoulder, he should get it.

8. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    I think he obliterated the claims that you have to be 6 ft 4 and have a cannon arm to be a succesful NFL QB .You dont hear the pundits talk about that now.

It took him awhile to find his game but he is one of the best now .

9. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    don't worry brother, we have the chads. we should be set for the near future :)

10. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    Should be. We still haven't seen anything from Henne. For all we know he could be just like Beck. Full of promise, but nothing in reality.