1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subtle themes emerge after Miami’s cardiac victory over the Raiders

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by hugoguzman, Nov 17, 2008.

1. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    evz, HugeFinFan, HULKFish and 7 others like this.
  2. arsenal

arsenal Sunglasses and advil

Nov 26, 2007
    Commack, NY
    you know i LOVED that play, the fake pitch, quick inside handoff... what a wonderfully designed play... i dont think ive ever seen that play, and boy did it catch the raiders off guard the first 2 times we ran it...

hugoguzman and opfinistic like this.
  3. first&goal

first&goal Luxury Box Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Nice write up like always Hugo. :up:

hugoguzman likes this.
  4. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Thanks for the kind words!

arsenal - that play call looked like it came straight out of a flag football league. Folks will complain a lot about our play-calling in certain situations (too conservative) but the truth is that Miami has fielded what is arguably the most creative offense in all of football.

Disnardo, cnc66 and first&goal like this.
  5. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    nice work Hugo, thanks for helping me get in over there, I appreciate it bro.

hugoguzman likes this.
  6. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I liked it.

What I liked about it is that you pointed out the little things that R&R did. Even if they don't get into the endzone they're still highly effective at making our TOP high and decoys if the opposition is spying on them all game.

Cobbs is huge for us, both in the run game and special teams. I'm glad we locked him up.

And I make the motion that Crowder gets a contract extension if he keeps his play level up like this. Maybe roth, as well.

hugoguzman likes this.
  7. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    And thank you for commenting over on the site. I truly appreciate it!

anlgp - you're absolutely correct. Neither Ricky or Ronnie will likely make the Pro Bowl, but both are invaluable in terms of making this offense go.

8. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Very good writeup Hugo, i enjoyed the read.

Another subtlety to continue with the article's trend you could point out is how R&R have a third name that has been very valuable to us all season as he is working and running very hard, both on offense and sp. teams, and he makes things happen or isn't accounted for by defenses...Patrick Cobbs.

I think he's been the most suprising aspect to our team, as with a croweded backfield you know he's had to work his tail off to prove he can be relied on, and has really pulled through for us, complimenting R&R very well, catching well out of the backfield and once in a while comming up with a big hit on Sp teams.

hugoguzman likes this.
  9. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Nice Write-up Hugo. Enjoyable read.

It's good to see that were getting to watch Ted Ginn grow up before our eyes. He's really been exciting to watch during this winning streak.

10. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin Active Member

-

I've seen that play before I just can't place it. Either Rams under Martz or GT when the Fridge was the OC and Little Joe was the QB.

Wish my memory was better.

11. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    You are welcome. You support us and are a quality member bro, it's only fair that it goes the other way too in my mind. Its a win/win really, we get to read your work, and you get the traffic. And I think it is proper to thank you, and leave a comment there too, thanks for helping me do that. :hi5:

hugoguzman likes this.
  12. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    This an absolutely great point. Cobbs still has a relatively minor role in the grand scheme of things, but it's great to know that we are one of only handful of teams (Giants are the only one that come to mind immediately) that can boast 3 solid options at running back.

The Aqua Crush likes this.
  13. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Nice work Hugo, always enjoy your work.

Like you guys, i LOVED that play to Cobbs. People can say what they want about our offense, but personally i think its just incredible what were able to do. We're doing what alot of teams arent and thats getting all of our playmakers on the field at once, and making the defense try and figure us out. Afterall, isnt that the point of football?

FinFan_Est.1984 and hugoguzman like this.
  14. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

Great read hugo:up:

hugoguzman likes this.
  15. OCDolfan

OCDolfan a.k.a. LostInPatsLand Club Member

Jul 21, 2008
    California
    I thought it was great; probably the best analysis I've seen all year on the fins. You write with good authority.

hugoguzman likes this.
  16. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

While Crowder has been pretty good, I'm still not sold on him...I guess the problem is that we've had guys like Zach Thomas and John Offerdahl in that spot that were head and shoulders above Crowder's level and it's hard to accept...

At any rate, while he has been more consistent this year and I wouldn't object to re-signing him, he hasn't been 'stellar' by any stretch...

hugoguzman likes this.
  17. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Crowder himself agrees with you, stating that he has yet to do anything special to change games, etc...

That said, for a 24-year old, he's been extremely consistent and seems poised to develop into a premiere inside linebacker.

P.S. Thanks for the kind words, OCDolfan.