1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sucks that the Pats and jets Games Today Are Meaningless

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, Dec 21, 2008.

1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but we gotta win our next 2 games to get into the playoffs, and it doesn't matter what the jets and Pats do today.

If both those teams lose today, those losses will be out of conference losses, so there is no effect on the tiebreakers. If we beat KC and lose to the jets, and the Pats lose to AZ and beat the Bills, NE has a tiebreaker over us. New England could lose out, but that's doubtful. But then we'd still have to beat the stinkin jets.

Bottom line: I always root for the Pats and jets to lose, but today, it doesn't really matter. Miami has to take care of business.

2. dolfan94

dolfan94 New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    If the Pats lose, or the Jets and Dolphins win, the Patriots are out of the division race unless the Jets and Dolphins tie in the last game

3. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Well i think if both teams lose today and we win both games, we win the division based on a better record to start with. The Jets have to win to make next week do or die for us, otherwise we would have the lead going into the game.

The only way division record and all that stuff matters is if we finished tied. Both of those games matter for the Jets and Pats.

4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i believe if the pats lose......and we lose....as long as we beat the jets we still win the east...

so the pats game is important...

5. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Always root for NE loss....We still control the Jets!

6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well GARDENHEAD...the way I understand it, if we win today, the Patriots are elmenated from the playoffs...the Ravens win last night put a huge nail in the Pat's coffin...now we merely must hammer it in.

7. finsmx

finsmx Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Monterrey, Mexico
    Doesn't matter, you always root for a Jets and Pats loss.

Firesole, TiP54 and femalefinfan like this.
  8. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Lets assume the Ravens have the last wild card spot. Now,lets say, if the Dolphins lose today and the jets win and the pats win then it comes down to week 17. If the pats beat the bills they win the division if we beat the jets. If the jets beat us they win the division over the pats in a tie-breaker.

Could you imagine that scenario? If we beat the jets the pats are afc champs.If the
    jets beat us then they are the division winners.

WE MUST WIN TODAY TO AVOID THIS POSSIBLE NIGHTMARE!!

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  9. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Yes.. we are in control of our own destiny and I say "excercise this control and win."

PMZQ and RGF like this.
  10. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    The no one in our division can afford to lose a game. The winner will be an 11-5 team. There is no doubt in my mind that one of these three teams will win their next two games. In fact, I think only one will not.

Pats have multiple routes to the playoffs, and all involve winning out. In addition they need Baltimore to lose to Jacksonville to earn a wildcard; or both Miami and New York to finish 10-6 or worse to win the division.

The Jets can't get in at 10-6 as a wildcard, and could still lose the division to the Pats if they(the jets) lose this week.

The Dolphins can't get in at 10-6 as a wildcard, and need to win out to win the division.

Every game is very important to every team. Make no mistake.

FinFan_Est.1984 likes this.
  11. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Our team philosophy is all about being in control. And destiny is a great thing to be in control of.

RGF and cnc66 like this.
  12. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    well we can't get a wild card spot. So we either win out and win the East...or we're home for New Years.