1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sun Sentinel news and notes

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jim1, Aug 18, 2008.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    It was interesting to discover Jake Long didn't have trouble with the speedy Quentin Groves, who started the game for the Jaguars. Long had difficulty with Jacksonville's bull rushers. However, he only had a few negative plays in the game, and was excellent in run blocking, routinely making blocks in the second level....

[mod] Please.. only a couple sentences, a link, and credit the author, this is copyrighted material[/mod]
    While the starting offensive line was effective opening up running lanes, the second unit fizzled....

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2008/08/rewinding-jacks.html

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2008
    Big E likes this.
  2. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I like that stat alone! keep it up Henne he needs more real game time and if he keeps this % of scoring to possessions he will be the starter faster than we might think!

3. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    I was originally a detractor of Henne because of in his senior year at Michigan having trouble holding off Mallett for the starting job but he is growing on me. I hope he can do this in the regular season and bring some of that AFC East ex-Michigan QB talent to the Fins. :up:

4. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Actually one of the knocks on Henne is that he throws a low ball and that he loses accuracy because of it but it hasnt been reflected in his play so far.

Also he has been criticized for locking on to receivers but I saw marked improvement in that regards on Sunday going through his progressions on several occasions

5. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I dont think the Long thing makes much sense. He only screwed up on one play I saw, and that had nothing to do with a bull rush

6. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    Yeah, I've been very pleased and pleasantly surprised to see Henne has so far steamrolled many of his supposed weaknesses.

7. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    You have to keep in mind Henne also had a number of physical issues last year, especially with his shoulders. Look what he did in the bowl game against Florida when he had a chance to get a bit healthier.