1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sun-Sentinel: Young Miami Recievers' Time to Step Up

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bpk, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

alen1 and ATVZ400 like this.
  2. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Nice to see that Bess is standing out amongst the rookies.

3. Bpk

Yeah.

Also interesting that the regime is trying to help build Hagan's confidence, realizing his problems are largely mental.

Seriously though, it's scary that we are relying on such an unproven corps. Lots of upside, but there's downside. They may work hard, be coachable, not make mistakes... but they still need to be talented enough to beat NFL cornerbacks (specifically, Kircus, Camarillo... maybe even Wilford, simply aren't uber-talented, imo). Ginn and Hagan have the most upside at a base #1 and #2, with Wilford a red zone target.

Bess is a wildcard to put in the slot, or in motion. If he can block decently, that makes him much more flexible too to bring in on downs like 3rd and 5. In that situation we could run, could throw, could slide him out and screen to him. I think Bess runs like a runningback once he has the ball.

I wish they had mentioned Fasano, (and how he is doing so far) as he'll figure in to whether we playa third wide on long downs. I still think he'll be starting over Martin, whom I hope we cut.

Also wish they'd mentioned which of them are looking good as special teamers, as THAT'S what'll decide the #4 and #5 WR's spots on this roster.

Say, did we already cut Brian Gilmore? Thought he figured in here too?

Bpk

alen1 likes this.
  4. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    I didn't know Brian Gilmore was back on the team. Interesting

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I didn't think we ever had Gilmore, I thought it was Dunlap.

6. Bpk

Apparently I am imagining things. We didn't sign Gilmore.

Bpk

7. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    While it is scary our WR corps is in its current shape, on a team as talent deficient as we were some things were bound to suffer. We made some changes that hopefully will work out well. If Ginn can step it up and be a playmaker and Wilford can be a consistent ball catcher that will be huge. Then we just need a #3 to step up, be it Bess coming on as a rookie or Hagan getting over his hand.

I dont feel uncomfortable with this position as many do because I realize the overall strategy of the front office was to improve the beef this offseason. You dont take a 1-15 team and go 15-1. If this group of WRs cant cut it this year and dont show progress, then guess what position will be on the docket for improvement next year? :)