1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunday Morning One-liners

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 20, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Ohio State DE/LB Vernon Gholston says he’ll play “whatever the team that picks me wants. The biggest thing is I’m capable of playing both positions.”

The Bills are looking likely to draft the best cornerback available.

More talk about the huge contracts given to high draft picks.

One writer thinks Cowboys restricted free agent RB Marion Barber is overestimating his value.

The Dolphins either don’t think highly of Delaware QB Joe Flacco or want people to think they don’t think highly of him.

Giants GM Jerry Reese calls his 2007 draft “a little bit overrated.”

Patriots coach Bill Belichick doesn’t think there’s a clear-cut top player in this year’s draft.

Eagles C Jamaal Jackson is watching what he eats this off-season.

Says Jets coach Eric Mangini of QBs Chad Pennington and Kellen Clemens, “I think it’s just important for both guys to have an opportunity. This is really the decision that I think is best now.”

The Bears may be willing to re-do Devin Hester’s contract even though they have him on the hook for two more years at base salaries of $445,000 and $530,000.

After playing for one Harbaugh in college, QB Josh Johnson could play for another in the NFL.

With Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh unhappy, would the Bengals consider drafting a wide receiver?

Most late first-round quarterbacks haven’t made an impact for the teams that drafted them.

Will so many prime time games disrupt the Browns’ routines?

Vikings owner Zygi Wilf is taking an active role in negotiations surrounding DE Jared Allen.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin mentions the offensive and defensive lines first when discussing where his team can improve in the draft.

If the Falcons don’t take Boston College QB Matt Ryan in the first round, they have options in the second round.

Says Panthers GM Marty Hurney of taking a first-round offensive lineman, “It might not be the sexiest pick, but it certainly is one that is extremely important to being successful on offense and winning as a football team.”

The Bucs may be looking to add yet another quarterback in the draft.

Says Texans OT Charles Spencer of working out with CB Dunta Robinson, who is also recovering from an injury, “He’s been huge in my rehab process.”

Rams LT Orlando Pace is confident he’ll be healthy in 2008.

Says Fox analyst Brian Baldinger of Arkansas RB Darren McFadden, “I think he’s the colossal bust in this draft.”
    link
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/04/20/sunday-morning-one-liners-3/

alen1 likes this.
  2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    "With Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh unhappy, would the Bengals consider drafting a wide receiver?"

There has been talk that they are looking at Malcolm Kelly.

"Says Fox analyst Brian Baldinger of Arkansas RB Darren McFadden, “I think he’s the colossal bust in this draft.”

I agree. Very overrated back that won't be able to be a every down player in this league. Too small. A possible Reggie Bush clone.

3. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Jan 4, 2008

Welcome to our world!

4. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I think that would be a mistake. As high as they are, and with the defensive needs of this team, reaching for a WR would be a big mistake. They realyl F'd up earlier when they went hardline with Ocho. Granted, hes gone a little overboard since then (and then some), but bottom line they put themselves in this mess in the first place.
    IMO, they take the best DL/LB available. Either Ellis or Rivers should be available, if not they could look at Jerrod Mayo, or even some CB help from a guy like McKelvin.

There should still be some WR options at their second round slot.

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007

I agree with you, I was just stating what NFLN reported. What do you think they should do with Chad?

6. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    At this point, Im not sure. Lewis and the owner need to call him into a private meeting, ask Johnson if there is any way he could be reconciled and made happy, and then try and do it assuming its reasonable. They definately need to keep the media out.

Failing that, trade Chad for max value and use those pick(s) to aquire a new WR. The big issue here is that NO rookie in this draft will come close to matching Ochos numbers. WRs generally take some time get involved with an offense. So unless they keep Ocho, they are taking an immediate downgrade no matter who they get.

They need to find a way to try and placate him. Hes going overboard to be sure as I stated, but the Bengals organization has done nothing to mollify him at all, and knowing he is a diva type player, they should have seen this coming.

Even still, assuming they trade chad for a #2 and something else, they need defense in the first, then can either bundle picks to move back into round 1 late, or sit tight and see who falls. Marvin Lewis imo HAS to be on the hot seat this year. Hes almost getting to be the reverse Brian Billick at this point, a defensive guru who has a potent offense but cant find a defense to win a damn game. The Bengals have declined the last few seasons, the defense has gotten no better, the offense is shifting down, the myriad off the field issues .... its a mess. I think his best chance to win now would be to take Ellis if hes around.

alen1 likes this.
  7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I agree, they would have a dominant receiver still in TJ Whosyourmamma but you have to wonder how much of his production hinges on Chad drawing double teams. Yeah its really odd how coaches seem to be pretty good at what they aren't suppose to be but at this own thing, they dissapoint. Nice post, thanks for explaining.