1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superman to battle Batman in 'Man of Steel' sequel

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by Fin D, Jul 21, 2013.

1. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    That's impossible. It's a Ben Affleck comic book movie.

What could possibly go wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. DevilFin13

DevilFin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    I'm not going to say it's a great movie, or even anywhere near approaching the Nolan movies. But I think 34% is ridiculous and I think's a lot of subconscious biases at work with a lot of people and this movie, along with Man of Steel previously.

Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  3. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I do not agree.

My head hurts after watching that movie. That was the worst score I have ever heard.

I could see 66% of movie critics thinking the movie is bad to meh, which is just what that means.

4. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    It's too bad they wasted Kevin Spacey on Superman Returns. I would have much preferred him playing Lex in this movie.
    I can live with Affleck as the older Bruce Wayne. When I walked out of the theatre last night, I was initially OK with Eisenberg as Luthor, but the more I think about his scenes, the more I think he was the low point in the movie.

I do not agree with the critics though. I'd rate this as a good superhero movie, but obviously not in the same tier as the great hero movies (but certainly better than many of the bad ones).

5. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    I agree with the critics. Reading most of the "negative reviews" they are mostly "meh". Which is one of the problem with Rotten Tomatoes. You can come out thinking the movie is O.K. however not good enough to be recommended.

I don't think it was a terrible movie. I do not want to see it again. However I can see how someone would like it and there were enough scenes to make this movie enjoyable.

My second main issue with the movie, is the fact that I do not like Superman. I want to like him. I want to understand his point. However this Superman was not very likable. I did not buy his relationship with Lois Lane.

My main issue was the bullet. I don't understand that entire plot. Why use special bullets? There was no need.

Third issue was Lex Luthor.

Fourth issue was the score.

Fifth issue was all the stupid movie sequences.

I think with a better more coherent Lex Luthor, a better score, cutting out the bullet scenes and dream sequences, and make Superman a little more likable. This could have been a really good movie.

That and make it so Lex "tricks" Superman that Batman kidnapped Martha. That makes the fight have more meaning and makes me stop wondering, "Why doesn't Superman just keep on trying to talk? It is not like any of those things actually hurt him." Plus the Martha scene would have been better as well, as Batman would have been confused as to why he would want to kill Martha.

6. Ohio Fanatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA

agree the bullet was a big stretch. it was obviously fabricated just to implicate Luthor.

easier for me to be on the other side of the fence, since growing up, Superman has always been my favorite (Batman my 2nd favorite) hero.

7. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Yea, I grew up a huge Marvel fan. Spider-Man is my favorite.

However, DC animated is amazing to me. Batman the Animated Series is one of my favorite cartoons of all time and Superman the Animated Series/Justice League/Justice League United got me to really like Superman as a character.

305, Fin D and Ohio Fanatic like this.
  8. Ohio Fanatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    yeah, those series were the icing on my DC cake that began in 1983 with the super friends. I was forced to be a closet Marvel fan even though I loved them. My brother and I fought too much, so the powers that be decreed that he would get everything Marvel and I would get DC (comics, toys,etc...).

[​IMG]

9. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    THE DC bible IMO.

Why in the name of god did they not have Bruce Timm be DCU's "Kevin Feige", I have no idea. Giant mistake.

Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  10. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    That would have been genius.

Fin D likes this.
  11. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    I loved the Superfriends. Of course I also loved Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends. I remember being surprised to learn that Iceman was part of the X-Men and Firestar didn't exist in the comics.

Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  12. Destroyer

Destroyer There for every play.

Oct 25, 2010
    Maryland
    Movie was a dumpster fire.

Clark Kent likes this.