1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superman to battle Batman in 'Man of Steel' sequel

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by Fin D, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Here are the DC movies.

Pretty cool actually. I hope they turn out to be good.

SICK and Ohio Fanatic like this.
  2. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    It would be, however it isn't that big.

3. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    suicide squad should be epic. Interesting they are waiting that long to do cyborg and green lantern.

4. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Probably really want to distance themselves from the first Green Lantern movie that flopped. Make people forget about it even more.

5. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    The WB/DC announcements yesterday were fantastic. Hopefully all of those early movies turn out to be good or I fear WB will close up shop again like they did after Green Lantern tanked.

6. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    well even if 1 out first 4 bombs (looking at Wonder Woman), they could still have some big success with the other 3.

7. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    They will make tons of money world wide.

8. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Right but WB has in the past panicked if one of their DC movies bombed. Imagine if Batman vs. Superman underperforms at the box office? I don't think that would ever happen but I don't have much confidence in WB to stay the course even if a movie doesn't do well because of their track record.

9. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    [video=youtube;0WWzgGyAH6Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WWzgGyAH6Y[/video]

SICK likes this.
  10. Ohio Fanatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    now that you get some insight into why Batman wants to get rid of Superman, the excitement builds up a lot more for the cynics (not me, just talking to others)

11. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    Batman vs Superman.... o_0

One would have to assume that Batman's suit is laced with kryptonite, right? Because otherwise it's beyond ridiculous. Even with the kryptonite it's still ridiculous apart from Superman's honour code.

12. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    you should read the dark knight returns.

SICK likes this.
  13. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
    I've read the relevant portions. Kryptonite. Still stupid though. Relies on Superman's good will and dumbed down writing.

Superman's far too powerful to be stopped by Batman unless the writers start ignoring established reality.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

14. Bruzer

Bruzer New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Idaho

Batman has bested Superman a few times and to me it makes sense personally, Batman is an amazing Strategist going into most situations with a plan. I believe in one comic Batman had a contingency plan for every hero.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  15. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Superman could probably crush Batman's skull by sneezing on him at point blank range.

LiferYank likes this.
  16. Bruzer

Bruzer New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Idaho
    To be fair the fact you thought of that means Batman would of quickly considered that factor into his plan.

SICK and unluckyluciano like this.
  17. Ohio Fanatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    So not true. If that was true, then Lex Luthor would never have even a remote chance to stand up to Superman. Luther and Batman are pretty similar - both billionaires with the most advanced technology to go with their powerful minds.

18. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
    With Luthor, at the beginning at least, it was almost never direct confrontation. Instead Luthor enjoyed political immunity so to speak - a matter of Superman never being able to catch him out, red-handed, or put him away. If Luthor attacked it was a trap or via proxy, rarely one on one.

With Batman we're talking about him taking it to Superman one on one. Luthor did eventually get a suit as well. And I call nonsense on that too.

19. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    Far from dumb down writing. It's really well written actually. I'm not sure why you find the use of kryptonite stupid? Read the Tower of Babel also. In that one batman takes down all of the justice league.

20. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
    I don't find kryptonite stupid by itself. I find the idea that a small suit of armour laced with it would be enough to stop a determined Superman, and/or that the idea of shooting him with an arrow/bullet of kryptonite is rather ridiculous considering he's "faster than speeding bullet".

Yes it's possible to write reasons for it all but to me it just ends up silly and contrived. The bottom-line, for me, is that they've created Superman to be so powerful that when they decide they want to do something like Batman vs. Superman they find it's impossible and so end up having to go to ridiculous lengths to tell that story.

21. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    not really. Especially since they reboot the characters all the time. Really you seem to want to take into account the sum total of how they've sold superman but not batman. Batman as stated has fought superman before and he's even built strategies to take down the entire justice league. Just as lex Luthor has done so. The whole idea isn't contrived so much as a way to add depth to each character. Superman as an immortal god would be even sillier.

22. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Anyone else annoyed with the choice of going with an older Bruce Wayne and the "Fatman" Dark Knight Returns aesthetic for this movie?

MikeHoncho likes this.
  23. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    What's silly is the notion that a fictional character living in a fictional universe with fictional physics can't be beaten by another fictional character from the same fictional universe using the same fictional physics, because....you said so...even though numerous sanctioned authors working for the creators of said fictional character, universe & physics have deemed it fictionally possible.

24. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
    And even sillier is suggesting that someone is especially silly for thinking that the fantastical work of a few authors is silly in its consistency. Forgot I wasn't allowed an unsanctioned opinion though. Next time I'll submit the proper proposals in triplicate. My bad.

After all, is not like comic book authors have ever written anything silly, or even laughable.

25. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

[​IMG]

SICK and Bruzer like this.
  26. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Oh for god's sake you aren't being effing persecuted.

What you're doing is telling everyone arguing with you that their opinion is stupid, but then get all whiney when you're told your opinion is silly.

BTW, if you feel the comics have silly stuff, then it makes it even more ridiculous you're arguing this so ferociously that you're playing a martyr.

So to recap, everyone who disagrees with your opinion is because their opinion is stupid, but if anyone feels your opinion is stupid they are trying to silence you, but it doesn't matter because this isn't important enough to argue even though you've been arguing about it for a few hours.

Bruzer likes this.
  27. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I will admit I was never a fan of the idea of this movie being made, always thought Batman should be off in his own "real" world away from aliens and superpowers and the first trailer that was released did little for me. However with the 2nd trailer I'm in. It looks like a good and fun superhero/comic movie with some great action.

I'm not expecting it to be "The Dark Knight Trilogy" or anything in terms of a game changing movie like that but I don't think it's going to be another "Batman & Robin" or "Superman Returns" either.

The only thing I'm iffy about is Lex Luthor but I will hold off judgment until I see the full movie.

Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  28. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Yeah, I kind of am, especially since we basically got the same type of character with him in TDKR. I get why both Nolan and Synder went with an older Bruce but would have liked to see a Batman in his prime more. With that being said I think the suit looks awesome and Afleck certainly looks the part.

29. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    lmao @

"**** you

Bruce"

30. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
    Dude, the only one getting personal is you. I haven't once attacked anyone or them me, or called them silly, or called me silly. If people have reasons for thinking the Batman beats Superman idea entertaining, plausible or the best thing since the Joker that's fine. I was just saying that I find the notion, as it's been written, implausible and contrive and therefore silly. A few people have expressed their thoughts as to why, and they've typically done so by referring to why it makes sense within the universe (as opposed to external reasons, like a David vs. Goliath type struggle etc.). I've tried to respond as to why those in-universe reasons don't add up to me and still seem silly.

I hope I haven't personally offended anyone. I don't think I have. If they have they can let me know and I'll sincerely apologise. It's only you that apparently feels the need to come in on a "Superman fights Batman thread", and make it personal. I mean how dramatic can you possibly get? "Martyr", "persecuted", "ferociously", this is a forum for discussion right? People are allowed to have contrary opinions? As for "arguing for hours", I've made what, three of four posts over only a few sentences...how slow do you think people type?

It's just a discussion about comic books. Was the personal attack really necessary?

31. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
    [​IMG]

cuchulainn likes this.
  32. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    [video=youtube;fVFTrLDsW8U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=173&v=fVFTrLDsW8U[/video] fap fap fap fap

Bruzer likes this.
  33. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    They got Discount Michael Cera in a wig to play Luthor?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

34. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Hnnnnnnnngggggggggggg

35. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Like Leto's voice as The Joker.

36. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Leto has a chance to compete with Jack Nicholson for the title of 3rd best Joker. Mark Hamill and Heath Ledger have the top 2 spots locked up.

Fin D likes this.
  37. Bruzer

Bruzer New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Idaho
    Based on what I have seen so far I have to agree with you.

38. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I'm terrified they are going to **** up Harley, and have her go full Tommy Lee Jones as Twoface.

39. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    I find that harley very very attractive.

40. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Quite.

Dolphin1184 likes this.