1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superman

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by ILPhinFan88, Jul 2, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

Millar Has Director & Producer for Superman Revamp?

Back in October of 2007, Mark Millar (Wanted) said he was going to pitch Warner Bros. Pictures his vision of the "Superman" franchise. Now, just a few days ago, he told the Daily Record he is taking it a step further:

But Mark's big dream is making a Superman movie.

He said: "Since I was a kid I've always wanted to reinvent Superman for the 21st century.

"The Superman brand is toxic after that last movie lost $200 million, but in 2011 we're hoping to restart it.

"Sadly I can't say who the director is, but we may make it official by Christmas.

"But fingers crossed it could work out, that would be my lifetime's dream."

Millar later clarified on his message boards:

That Superman news is interesting, isn't it? In the interests of clarity (because I'm sure this will be picked up somewhere) a very well known American action director heard about my love of Superman, approached my and asked me to team up with he and his producer to make a pitch for this. We've been talking for several weeks now and, if this is going to happen, we'll know by Christmas. He has huge pull at WB so fingers crossed. But this is nothing more than a huge US name pulling me into his fold and making me part of a package."

Back in March, Bryan Singer said he was still developing the sequel and in April, Legendary Pictures' Thomas Tull described a sequel in which we'd see "Superman as more of an angry god." We'll have to wait and see how this all turns out.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=46487

Regan21286 likes this.
  2. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    There's a forum for the Man of Steel (MOS) at IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770828/board

A lot of the talk centers on Routh and if he should or not come back and the same with Singer.

There's also talk about the son, but IMO most of the interesting discussion centers on the villain. Most people agree that it should be Braniac which would be very interesting.

3. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Worst thing for two franchises was Singer leaving X-Men (thus leaving it to Ratner) and going into Superman with an unconvincing Lois Lane. I certainly hope they crank up the action because outside of the airplane rescue, even Hancock had more thrilling scenes.

4. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    I have to agree about Lois Lane, I have no clue whatsoever what they were thinking in that casting. One of the worst castings I've ever seen in a movie, particularly for such an iconic character that is so important to the franchise. Really outside of the Superman role I thought the cast was really weak. The last X-Men movie was terrible IMO.

5. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    I think Singer wanted a romance and a sassy Lois Lane (the way she should be cast) probably wouldn't fit.

Drop the lovey-dovey mushiness Brian. It should be all muscle in the sequel.

6. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    The only actors I would consider bringing back are Routh, Langella, and maybe Spacey.

The last movie was pretty much directionless and in the process, main characters were killed off or relegated to minor roles.

7. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    I didnt even watch Superman Returns. I cant put myself to watch it, even though I grew watching the old Superman cartoons from the 40s and 50s, and read many Superman comics. I enjoyed Christopher Reeve's Superman movies, but for some reason this movie never got my attention, it was just too...cheesy and Hollywood-glamor ridden.

8. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    I thought it was the opposite of glamor. Could've used some to spice things up. It was good in 3D but in regular film, it was a bit underwhelming.