1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Survey of scouts contains bad news for Tebow

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Apr 17, 2010.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Posted by Michael David Smith on April 17, 2010 2:07 PM ET
    A survey of 21 NFL scouts and personnel executives found that the majority do not think Tim Tebow will be an NFL starter and do not think he should be taken in the first or second round of the draft.

Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that a broad cross-section of personnel men were asked the question, Will Tim Tebow be a solid starting quarterback in the National Football League?

Five said yes, while 16 said no.

The scouts were also asked what round they'd draft Tebow in if their team needed a quarterback. Two said first round, six said second round, seven said third round, four said fourth round, one said fifth round and one said he wouldn't draft Tebow at all.

"I don't think he has any quarterback skills and he's not a good enough athlete to play another position," an NFC executive said. "They've made this kid out to be perfect. I just don't buy it."

Then again, even if 31 teams are down on Tebow, it only takes one team to like him for him to be a first-round draft pick. And McGinn's survey reveals that at least a couple of teams like Tebow a lot.

"People want to dismiss him so easily," one AFC personnel man said. "Well, he's big, he's strong, he's fast, he's very powerful and he's got a strong arm. He puts the ball in a position to make people successful. That's what you want in a quarterback."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

2. BB Ocho

BB Ocho Season Ticket Holder

Dec 10, 2007
    Florence, SC
    Tebow fits Parcells' 4 QB intangibles. There were plenty of scouts who thought even worse of Tom Brady. (Not saying that Tebow=Brady, just that this is typical of profootballtalk's dealing with Tebow and other players as well)

3. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    Since when does Tim Tebow have a strong arm? I see more arm strength from Alex Smith...

4. eric

eric New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    i seriously hope we dont waste a pick on this kid.

5. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Then you haven't been paying attention. Tebow's arm is considerably stronger than Smith's.

texanphinatic likes this.
  6. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    We're not taking him at #12, and he won't be there in the third round. Tebow will not be a Miami Dolphin. But depending on which team takes him and where, he won't be a waste.

7. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Hes not a traditional QB = scouts hate him. Hes the type of player a coach would love to get his hands on though. IMO this is just a silly article.

8. bakedmatt

bakedmatt Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    I'm no Gator fan, so I don't care to defend him. But who made him out to be perfect?