Swamp People (History Channel)
9 replies
I worked for a very long time on a great new series that premiered last night on The History Channel. Apparently it kicked some ass in the ratings, for cable anyway. It's in the spirit of Deadliest Catch, Ax Men, and Ice Road Truckers, except the scenery and characters simply blow those shows out of the water. The Swampers are all heavily dependent on hunting and fishing in the Gulf and Bayous of Louisiana, and this season was all filmed in 2009 before the BP cluster****. It airs again tomorrow at 10, I hope some of you will check it out. :up:
-His'n
Hey man GRATS to you!. My wife I watched it and loved it!
You are right about the scenery, and the "characters" are second to none. They are a complete parody of themselves lol!
Good work my man :D
"There is nothing to fear, except everyone trying to tackle me." - Ted Ginn Jr.
Hmmm didn't know it was one of yours. Now I will stop watching it......
thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs. 

Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.
"unluckyluciano wrote:
Hmmm didn't know it was one of yours. Now I will stop watching it......
You say that now, but in the middle of the night, you'll get that itch and you'll be eating a bag of oreos and rocking in the fetal position to the sights and sounds of Swamp People!
"His'nBeatYour'n wrote:
I worked for a very long time on a great new series that premiered last night on The History Channel. Apparently it kicked some ass in the ratings, for cable anyway. It's in the spirit of Deadliest Catch, Ax Men, and Ice Road Truckers, except the scenery and characters simply blow those shows out of the water. The Swampers are all heavily dependent on hunting and fishing in the Gulf and Bayous of Louisiana, and this season was all filmed in 2009 before the BP cluster****. It airs again tomorrow at 10, I hope some of you will check it out. :up:
-His'n
I have a technical question about the show: How did you guys resist the urge to have banjo music playing in the background for the entire show? Thanks for your time.
"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"
"HardKoreXXX wrote:
I have a technical question about the show: How did you guys resist the urge to have banjo music playing in the background for the entire show? Thanks for your time.
or ask the people on camera what they though of the move deliverance?
thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs. 

Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.
"unluckyluciano wrote:
or ask the people on camera what they though of the move deliverance?
If Burt Reynolds doesn't narrate, they wasted their time making this.
"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"
Well that one guy did look at that gator and say "He got an awful purty mouth".

Watched this show on DVR today. That great work, really intruiging and will definitely continue watching. Congrats on such a great show.