1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swine Flu?

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by King Felix, Sep 25, 2009.

Tags:
  1. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    So since tuesday night, I have had a sore throat...Wednesday night Ive had nausea and headaches, and since last night I have been coughing and have had a runny nose....I'm also a little sore but not bad.

I looked up the symptoms to Swine Flu and they are

unusual tiredness,
    headache,
    runny nose,
    sore throat
    shortness of breath or cough,
    loss of appetite,
    aching muscles,
    diarrhoea or vomiting.

So, should I wait and see if this keeps up? Or go see a doctor as soon as I can?

2. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    By far the biggest tell-tale sign is a 100+ temp.

If you have been running a high temp for any amount of time, probably wanna get er checked.

BTW: There is already a great thread in here somewhere with MUCHO knowledge about the Piggy Flu :up:

King Felix likes this.
  3. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Sounds like the symptons of any flu. You should do the typical things when one has the flu: lots of sleep, stay hydrated, and take some pain reliever and over-the-counter flu medicine.

If you don't start to get better within a few days, then yes, go see a doctor.

King Felix likes this.
  4. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

we got an announcement at school about swine flu.

symptoms are that of a common flu.

felix if you've got flu like symptoms get it checked, also stay home until you are fever free for 24 hours unmedicated. this means no :king:

King Felix likes this.
  5. DaFish

DaFish Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    I don't think there is any way to know whether it is swine flu or just a normal strain without actually being tested. You should see a doctor to be checked and placed on antiviral meds if it is in fact the swine flu.

6. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    any cravings for bacon?

unluckyluciano and DaFish like this.
  7. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    its always good to go to the doctor man. don't be too proud or scheisty. Having said that you could try just staying home, drinking liquids, taking a few meds, going to bed early, and not doing anything detrimental to your health. You know maybe you are developing allergies, and are under stress. Could be alot of things.
    But if you do get fever above 100+ go to the hospital if you have to. Don't live with that, you don't want to overheat your body. That can cause damage.

8. USArmyFinFan

USArmyFinFan Maximum Effort

Mar 23, 2008
    Houston Texas
    I hate to tell you this, the Hospital will only send you home and tell you to rest and drink fluids. There is nothing they can do for the flu, or swine flu. They can only treat the results which you can do a lot cheaper at Walgreens.

9. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I'm sick, I don't really know if its the flu or what but I'm taking Ibuprofen and it's working thus far. It's only one tablet every six hours.

10. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    you're immune system is probably beat down or overloaded. Get a lot of sleep, take extra vitamin C, zinc if you have a cold, 'Greens Plus', and hydrate to flush out all the bad crap. ;)
    Posted via Mobile Device

11. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Easy step to prevent swine flu.....stop kissing pigs after getting hammered during a Phin's loss. :lol: